Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

EU propaganda sends out the illusion that it is a workers paradise. It also sends out the message (to business) that it is a capitalist heaven. Obviously the illusion is false. The only way to truly protect workers rights is to completely escape EU law and regulations - which primarily protect the single market and put Capital before workers.

Professor Costas Lapavitsas, author of 'The Left Case Against The EU' argues that the Left “have elevated [the EU] into a great mechanism for protecting worker rights, but it is not true. None of the big advances – the Equal Pay Act, the Safety at Work Act, the Equal Value Amendment, the Sex Discrimination Act – have anything to do with the EU. They came from within, from the workers’ struggle.”

The EU gives MINIMUM PROTECTIONS while systematically UNDERMINING the collective rights of workers and trade unions.

Smash Thatchers Single Market. End the Four False Freedoms for business.

Edited by Car Boot

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Only if that ‘huge number’ are the majority.

They are and were so why deny it, you hoping it is the opposite doesn't make it true.

12 hours ago, ads36 said:

If they could just agree what that means...

(Norway, which is close to what we were promised. Or Canada, which would mean a massive hit to our services industry. Or WTO which would wipe out farming and manufacturing. etc.)

So which one is it?

It is leave with the best deal, if the tories get a majority it will be leave.

18 hours ago, RJRB said:

We still don’t know what the consequences might be although many of us fear that it is not going to give us any benefits.Rather the opposite.

We do know one thing as a result of the Brexit vote .

Even the hawks of the Brexit movement ,Farage and Rees-Mogg are at each other’s throats over the proposed WA.

There must be renewed hope for a People’s vote because there is absolutely no unanimity between those who supposedly won the day.

If it's so very lucrative to be a member of the EU, why aren't we all £loaded since we joined way back in 1973?

Answer: EU membership benefits the already wealthy elites, this is why big business massively supports the People's Vote second referendum campaign. The same big business that has so damaged the employment and housing prospects of low skilled workers and the unemployed.

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

If it's so very lucrative to be a member of the EU, why aren't we all £loaded since we joined way back in 1973?

You are, and by quite a margin, relative to the vast majority of the rest of the world. Never less so than since the advent of the Single Market.

But as for factors widening socio-economic inequality in the UK since 2008, try looking closer to home for your answers. The EU didn't make successive UK governments enact, and then maintain, austerity policies: UK governments did that all by themselves.

Since you've entered yet another GE cycle, I'll jog your memory with those memorable words from 2010, that we've never ceased to hear since from your Conservative governments, as their justification for neverending, ever-harsher measures: "dear Chancellor, I'm afraid there is no money left".

If you can elevate yourself a bit above your usual shouty soapbox opinions, then perhaps you'll see Brexit for what advantage it brings to future governments, given the oft-forgotten premise that, on the basis of Tory austerity measures of old (and HMT tracking data until mid-2017 or so), UK public finances were due to finally get back to equilibrium last year (IIRC), but have now swung farther into the red instead due to the Brexit vote the perfect basis on which to continue austerity politics in the UK, a decade after "it's all Labour's over-spending fault" ran out of any political puff.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Many are.

Housing was cheap as chips and it's value has risen far more than inflation, average house price in 1973 London was about 11 grand.

You're lucky to get change out of a million these days.

If you missed out on the bandwagon you're a damn fool in my opinion, many people of the same generation got into the BTL game, like anyone else with half a brain.

4 hours ago, lottiecass said:

They are and were so why deny it, you hoping it is the opposite doesn't make it true.

No, it is maths which makes it true! 🤣😂🤣

Ha ha. Remainers informing the poor and destitute in the UK that they are £loaded, they've never had it so good - thanks to our EU Master's.

Remainers will again be shocked and completely fail to understand when they lose another EU referendum.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Many are.

Housing was cheap as chips and it's value has risen far more than inflation, average house price in 1973 London was about 11 grand.

You're lucky to get change out of a million these days.

If you missed out on the bandwagon you're a damn fool in my opinion, many people of the same generation got into the BTL game, like anyone else with half a brain.

The spirit of Thatcher lives on in those who want us to Remain in the EU.

Edited by Car Boot

17 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Ha ha. Remainers informing the poor and destitute in the UK that they are £loaded, they've never had it so good - thanks to our EU Master's.

Remainers will again be shocked and completely fail to understand when they lose another EU referendum.

The spirit of Thatcher lives on in those who want us to Remain in the EU.

So are you voting for Jeremy "people's vote in 6 month's" corbyn then or not?

56 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So are you voting for Jeremy "people's vote in 6 month's" corbyn then or not?

We need to know.

The logical conclusion to draw from your recent posts is that you will either vote Conservative or Brexit Party.

Which is it to be?

3 hours ago, geared said:

If you missed out on the bandwagon you're a damn fool in my opinion,

Or, under 40.

And Or, morally opposed to the idea of making money out of rent. I could just about make the finances work for a BTL property, but it'll only help to continue to drive up house prices.

Edited by ads36

6 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Answer: EU membership benefits the already wealthy elites, this is why big business massively supports the People's Vote second referendum campaign. The same big business that has so damaged the employment and housing prospects of low skilled workers and the unemployed.

I have never thought or said that membership of the EU guarantees prosperity to every person in every member nation.

However it sits as well as anything with my left of centre and pacifist leanings.

Countries can only prosper through stability and support of its trading partners for mutual benefit.

My basic philosophy having worked for several employers is to do the best I can do for a fair reward.

If I had spent my life carping because the owner or higher management earned more than me then I might have become as embittered as you seem to be.

There are good employers and some not so good.

What is your alternative to to an economy which provides opportunities and employment for the majority of the working population.

Why do you wish to harm these employers and therefore their employees by leaving the EU and what is your alternative economic model?

Edited by RJRB

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Your maths , your opinion which means zero.