Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

29 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes but that is just everyone you know. The majority of people in the UK did not vote for it so why should the majority of UK citizens be held to ransom by a shouty minority? 😳

Over a million more people voted to Leave the EU trash than those who voted to Remain.

17.4 million people are being held to ransom by a wealthy minority.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Over a million more people voted to Leave the EU trash than those who voted to Remain.

17.4 million people are being held to ransom by a wealthy minority.

We're all being held to ransom by the Tories and their rich hedge fund financiers.

1 hour ago, lottiecass said:

The majority who could vote won , so how ever you put it democracy should be observed.

It should.

So tell me why the last two democratically elected parliaments have been dissolved early by the Tories. 

Then tell me why we have to vote again and again for a Parliament that fits the referendum result. 

All you leavers have a very odd and damaging view of democracy 

11 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So tell me why the last two democratically elected parliaments have been dissolved early by the Tories. 

Then tell me why we have to vote again and again for a Parliament that fits the referendum result.

Because we have to keep voting until the leavers get the result they want, the very thing they accuse remainers of wanting, three general elections in four years, ludicrous. Hypocrisy at it's very best.

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

So should the EU ask for its subsidies back?

Surely that depends on who paid for those subsidies in the first place!

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes but that is just everyone you know. The majority of people in the UK did not vote for it so why should the majority of UK citizens be held to ransom by a shouty minority? 😳

So what is it, the majority of people or the majority of citizens? Not that it matters much as it the majority of votes on the day that counts and they were in favour of leave!

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

We're all being held to ransom by the Tories and their rich hedge fund financiers.

It was the rich hedge fund financiers that gave most of the money to the remain camp so something is not right there.

Edited by apelike

11 hours ago, Pettytom said:

All you leavers have a very odd and damaging view of democracy 

As Litotes keeps saying, democracy is not democracy if you can't change your mind and as that is what has been happening what's the problem?

11 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Because we have to keep voting until the leavers get the result they want, the very thing they accuse remainers of wanting, three general elections in four years, ludicrous. Hypocrisy at it's very best.

The problem there is the leavers or remainers do not get to chose even when it comes to a GE, only parliament do.

Edited by apelike

“When it comes to workers’ rights, the EU isn’t God. The fact is local authorities up and down the UK have to outsource contracts to the European Union at the detriment of workers in their local communities. We have seen a rise of zero-hours contracts and poor conditions partly because of that outsourcing.”

Caroline Flint MP, October 2019.

The EU is partly responsible for zero-hours contracts. It's part of the four freedoms for business, which is the main reason the EU even exists.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

“When it comes to workers’ rights, the EU isn’t God. The fact is local authorities up and down the UK have to outsource contracts to the European Union at the detriment of workers in their local communities. We have seen a rise of zero-hours contracts and poor conditions partly because of that outsourcing.”

Caroline Flint MP, October 2019.

The EU is partly responsible for zero-hours contracts. It's part of the four freedoms for business, which is the main reason the EU even exists.

Partly.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

It was the rich hedge fund financiers that gave most of the money to the remain camp so something is not right there.

By far and away the biggest donation to remain was Lord Sainsbury - I think we can work out where his money came from.

But as you can clearly see I was referring to the current situation in 2019 and funding of the Tories (and especially the ERG) - not the two camps in the referendum.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Simply... a lie!

Usage/legality is entirely down to member states, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU or the four freedoms.

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Simply... a lie!

Usage/legality is entirely down to member states, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU or the four freedoms.

Yes - and one so easily checked.

https://fullfact.org/law/zero-hours-contracts-uk-europe/

Sometimes I think Comrade Boot is linked to a different internet to the rest of us.