Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

On 26 October 2019 at 23:16, CaptainSwing said:

Estonia perhaps?  Though France, with arguably the most right-wing government in the EU, is on that journey.

With the UK out, there is an opening, with strong FDI outcomes (that have already started to play out in some sectors).

That is Macron's long game and, with reference to his 'bad cop' act in the extension talks, why he's gradually pushing you out.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

You just want another referendum to overturn the democratic outcome of June 2016.

As I have pointed out a number of times on here, the 2016 referendum is a matter of historical record and therefore can’t be overturned without a time machine. 🙄

You don't seem to want either Brexit or a general election to break the current Parliamentary stalemate. You just want another referendum to overturn the democratic outcome of June 2016.

What kind of democrat are you?

He's a cherry-picker democrat.

You don't seem to want either Brexit or a general election to break the current Parliamentary stalemate. You just want another referendum to overturn the democratic outcome of June 2016.

A democratic exercise to supersede a legitimate result. This is how laws are made and repealed.  So what is the problem exactly?

Edit: need to make it clear this is that happens in the HoC. I know how stupid some of you are if the dots aren’t joined completely. So if it is enough for the HoC then why not for us?

Edited by Albert the Cat

There is a brake clause or flextension which mean we can leave before that date.  

There are no excuses for not having a General Election in December, if Parliament don't support the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer.

Edited by Lockdoctor

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There are no excuses for not having a General Election in December,

so, we can have a General Election every few months, but only one referendum?

1 minute ago, ads36 said:

so, we can have a General Election every few months, but only one referendum?

Don't be ridiculous we don't have General Elections every few months.  When a ruling party loses it's working majority it 's normal to have a General Election.  We had a EU/EEC Referendum in 1975 and the EU Referendum in 2016.  The 2016 Referendum result hasn't been implemented yet so there is no justification for having another EU Referendum anytime soon.

I want a referendum to ratify or otherwise the proposed WA,followed by an agreed GE at an agreed date or at full term as dictated by Parliament.

That is the sensible way forward and totally democratic.

I take it your planned celebrations 🥳 for October 31st have been cancelled due to totally foreseeable circumstances.

Another ÂŁ15,000 + for sitting on their arses doing nothing.

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I don’t particularly want another referendum. I didn’t want the last one. I think that they are foolish and anti-democratic devices, usually used by weak leaders.

To answer your question. I’m the kind of democrat who thinks that we elected a parliament two years ago, let them  get on with their work. I think this is a fine parliament 

16 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t particularly want another referendum. I didn’t want the last one. I think that they are foolish and anti-democratic devices, usually used by weak leaders.

To answer your question. I’m the kind of democrat who thinks that we elected a parliament two years ago, let them  get on with their work. I think this is a fine parliament 

Your fine Parliament moves a bit too slowly for the EU27's taste, hence 31 January 2020 is now the new 31 October 2019 (that was the new 29 March 2019), rather than the 2 years flextension mooted by many ;)

3 months is not whole a lot of time, according to the known Remain/soft Brexit progress scale. For the EU27, just enough to shuffle the cards and see if the Brexit game can be brought to a close one way or the other.

Have they started looking for Johnson's remains in a ditch yet, or are they waiting to start on Thursday?