Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

32 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No doubt the Leavers had their own reasons for leaving, which were many and varied,

Not really that many nor that varied.

Only three reasons made up over 90% of the reasons for voting Leave. Way out in front was immigration with sovereignty and payments to the EU coming second and third. Interestingly ‘giving a message to out of touch politicians’ was given as their main reason by less than 3% of Leave voters.

Brexiters need to own the fact that immigration was the main reason for voting leave and they also need to own their part in the increase in racism and intolerance generally in the UK. Would the appalling scenes at the Haringey-Yeovil Town game last week have occurred if the Brexit vote hadn’t given these people a licence to be more openly racist?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Brexiters need to own the fact that immigration was the main reason for voting leave and they also need to own their part in the increase in racism and intolerance generally in the UK.

I always thought that the phrase "you own it" was stupid! But in any case they don't need to own anything especially as what you have stated is only based on polls and not factual. Perhaps remainers should also "own their part" by calling all leavers as racist, xenophobic and thick as we have certainly witnessed on here, or don't they realise by doing that they are also purposely stirring up trouble just because they lost the vote. 

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Would the appalling scenes at the Haringey-Yeovil Town game last week have occurred if the Brexit vote hadn’t given these people a licence to be more openly racist?

I don't know and neither do you! Would the appalling scenes at the England match in Bulgaria have happened if it had not been for the Brex..... Oh hang on.... !

I will offer the following suggestions for voting for Brexit which I hope will be expanded on by Leavers,because I don’t believe any of  them to be true.

1) Our economy will perform better outside the EU

2) We will negotiate better trade deals with both the EU and the greater global economy.

3) Our influence in world affairs will be as great without our place in the EU

4) We will have more control over our borders to control illegal immigration.

5) Free movement for EU nationals is detrimental.

6) We do not need additional EU workers to support our healthcare and other service industries.

7) The overall cost of living will reduce 

I will add one further point that I agree with totally and that is that any Withdrawal agreement that can be finalised is only the start of the process.

45 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not really that many nor that varied.

Only three reasons made up over 90% of the reasons for voting Leave. Way out in front was immigration with sovereignty and payments to the EU coming second and third. Interestingly ‘giving a message to out of touch politicians’ was given as their main reason by less than 3% of Leave voters.

Brexiters need to own the fact that immigration was the main reason for voting leave and they also need to own their part in the increase in racism and intolerance generally in the UK. Would the appalling scenes at the Haringey-Yeovil Town game last week have occurred if the Brexit vote hadn’t given these people a licence to be more openly racist?

I have not done any research into the three reasons that make up 90% of the leavers reasons for leaving, could you publish the evidence for this please.

As to the football (nancy ball) problems I would say, just ban the whole lot and then the violence you worry about would end.

I still fail to understand how voting Brexit has given people " a licence to be more openly racist? ".  As above you can publish evidence of this please.

Thank You.

Angel1.

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

I will offer the following suggestions for voting for Brexit which I hope will be expanded on by Leavers,because I don’t believe any of  them to be true.

1) Our economy will perform better outside the EU

2) We will negotiate better trade deals with both the EU and the greater global economy.

3) Our influence in world affairs will be as great without our place in the EU

4) We will have more control over our borders to control illegal immigration.

5) Free movement for EU nationals is detrimental.

6) We do not need additional EU workers to support our healthcare and other service industries.

7) The overall cost of living will reduce 

I will add one further point that I agree with totally and that is that any Withdrawal agreement that can be finalised is only the start of the process.

What you believe has no bearing on the Brexit debate in any way. Publish the FACTS that prove YOUR 7 points are fact and not myth. You cannot, because no one, no one knows what the future holds. Crystal balls are not real.

Angel1.

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

What you believe has no bearing on the Brexit debate in any way. Publish the FACTS that prove YOUR 7 points are fact and not myth. You cannot, because no one, no one knows what the future holds. Crystal balls are not real.

Angel1.

Nor can you apparently disprove any of my opinions which I have arrived at after much consideration.

My opinions may have no resonance at all with your views,but they are very much part of the Brexit debate.

P.S. I am only trying to give you a few possible headings for you to expand upon,but in vain.

Edited by RJRB

21 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have not done any research into the three reasons that make up 90% of the leavers reasons for leaving, could you publish the evidence for this please.

As to the football (nancy ball) problems I would say, just ban the whole lot and then the violence you worry about would end.

I still fail to understand how voting Brexit has given people " a licence to be more openly racist? ".  As above you can publish evidence of this please.

Thank You.

Angel1.

Angel1.

Hold on, you said 17m voted to leave. Now Boris says they meant leave his way, farage says a "clean break" (Not what he said at the refendum) or no deal. Both cannot be true. You've said yourself you and your brexit voting cohorts voted leave for different reasons so it's reasonable to assume they expected different outcomes.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hold on, you said 17m voted to leave. Now Boris says they meant leave his way, farage says a "clean break" (Not what he said at the refendum) or no deal. Both cannot be true.

The problem is people keep quoting Farage as if he was important when he had nothing much to do with the leave campaign, so whatever Farage said should be taken with a pinch of salt. Johnson is the PM not him.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

You've said yourself you and your brexit voting cohorts voted leave for different reasons so it's reasonable to assume they expected different outcomes.

No its reasonable to assume that they would expect a compromise that suits the majority of leavers and some remainers as well, and what Johnson is proposing is basically that.

Boris plans for a 12th December election

Boris Johnson says he will give MPs more time to debate Brexit deal but only if they agree to 12 December general election.

He said he expected the EU to grant an extension to his 31 October deadline, even though he "really" did not want one.

He urged Labour to back an election in a vote he plans to hold next week.

The French are apparently unhappy with the continued delays, but does anyone really believe our current Parliament can coalesce on this deal?

They'd just sit around and argue like they've done previously I'd bet.

Edited by geared

7 minutes ago, geared said:

Boris plans for a 12th December election

paper

The French are apparently unhappy with the continued delays, but does anyone really believe our current Parliament can coalesce on this deal?

They'd just sit around and argue like they've done previously I'd bet.

What is happening is shameful.  Both the Labour Party and Tory Party had  manifestos during the 2017 General Election to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.  Holding  another referendum with Remain on the ballot  is not implementing the 2016 EU Referendum result. This rogue Parliament seek to block the implementation of the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result and block holding a General Election. 

26 minutes ago, apelike said:

The problem is people keep quoting Farage as if he was important when he had nothing much to do with the leave campaign, so whatever Farage said should be taken with a pinch of salt. Johnson is the PM not him.

Is this said in a jocular fashion?😂

I totally agree that Farage should be taken with a pinch of salt,but unfortunately Cameron and a whole host of Brexit supporters thought otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Both the Labour Party and Tory Party had  manifestos during the 2017 General Election to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.

No one cares what was said or done 2 or 3 years ago, its 2019 now, things have changed since then. You need to move on.

8 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

No one cares what was said or done 2 or 3 years ago, its 2019 now, things have changed since then. You need to move on.

Don't be ridiculous, honest people care what was said and what the democratic people voted for in 2016  and 2017.   Boris is trying to move things on but is being blocked from doing so by a dishonest Parliament who keep moving the goalposts.