Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

4 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Apparently this video is doing the rounds according to what I've just heard on the radio.  We are the laughing stock of the world. 

How England plan to leave the EU

The wealthy establishment elite have made the UK a laughing stock because they refuse to respect the outcome of the democratic June 2016 vote and allow us to actually Leave the hated EU bosses club.

47 minutes ago, geared said:

I did wonder if that was the case, seemed abit silly but there you go.   A break clause would solve that issue.

Would seem abit funny if legislation was all wrapped up by early November, then the country sits around twiddling it's thumbs till next year waiting for an arbitrary date to come round.

The EU also has to officially agree to support the new Withdrawal Agreement in the European Parliament.  It is understandable they have decided to postpone having a vote in the European Parliament after yesterday's events in our Parliament.

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The wealthy establishment elite have made the UK a laughing stock because they refuse to respect the outcome of the democratic June 2016 vote and allow us to actually Leave the hated EU bosses club.

There was nothing democratic in a referendum that made false claims and misinformed the public. 

I voted remain because I wasn't fooled by the lies. 

28 minutes ago, janie48 said:

There was nothing democratic in a referendum that made false claims and misinformed the public. 

I voted remain because I wasn't fooled by the lies. 

Ah, you mean the well funded campaign lies of 'Project Fear', waged by the wealthy establishment to frighten the little people into supporting membership of the bosses club. 

European Council President Donald Tusk stated that western political civilisation would be destroyed if the UK voted 'Leave'. I think it's safe to say that hasn't happened.

David Cameron implied that World War Three would result if we voted to Leave.

George Osbourne predicted massive tax rises, spending cuts and over 800,000 more unemployed just for voting to Leave, not actually Leaving. 

An EU army was described as a "dangerous fantasy", when in fact it is actually happening along with the EU developing "cutting edge" weapons of mass destruction. So much for the EU being a peaceful organisation. 

There was nothing democratic about a Remain campaign that made false claims and misinformed the public.  I voted Leave because I wasn't fooled by the lies. 

Edited by Car Boot

10 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Then Labour will be doing them a favour, as working class Brexiters' feel Labour have deserted them and Labour MPs who supported the deal will pick up more votes as independents.

You seem to forget that the majority of Labour supporters voted too remain.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You seem to forget that the majority of Labour supporters voted too remain.

The root of the strategic dilemma is that, on the one hand, a majority of Labour MPs (61%) represent constituencies that had a majority leave vote in 2016,

whilst on the other a clear majority of Labour voters (68%) supported Remain in 2016.

Labour’s electoral dilemma

https://www.britishelectionstudy.com/bes-findings/labours-electoral-dilemma/#.XbBFsJJKiig

40 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The EU also has to officially agree to support the new Withdrawal Agreement in the European Parliament.  It is understandable they have decided to postpone having a vote in the European Parliament after yesterday's events in our Parliament.

Yea and considering the number of amendments Labour are looking to throw at the deal I can't see the point in voting anyway.

6 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The question is, how many marginal seats are in strong leave areas?

I honestly can't see Labour losing places like Barnsley, despite them being strong leave so it's a focus on the marginal seats as always.

I'm sure the Torys have a similar problem, marginal seats in remain areas.

Richmond Park springs to mind, a remain area that was won on a knife edge in 2016, yet Zac Goldsmith tows the Brexit party line like the perfect Tory Boy.

15 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Labour can’t please both Leave and Remain supporters so it has to make a choice. 

Common sense says that it should back the majority of its supporters (Remainers) which will probably mean abandoning its Leave supporters to Farage, the Tories or abandoning voting altogether. There is evidence that shows that these losses will be more than made up by support gained from  Lib Dem/Green/other non-Labour Remain supporters.

Trying to appeal to sections of the working class who are more concerned about immigration than workers’ rights, especially as these make up the minority of Labour supporters makes no sense whatsoever a well as being morally questionable.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Labour can’t please both Leave and Remain supporters so it has to make a choice. 

Probably the most difficult part of all considering their stance for the past few years.

1431528636.jpg

32 minutes ago, geared said:

Yea and considering the number of amendments Labour are looking to throw at the deal I can't see the point in voting anyway.

That's true.  The only way it could work  is if those MPs who voted in favour of the  Withdrawal Agreement bill progressing but voted against the timetable can be persuaded to support the further legislation necessary.  There are only about a dozen MPs who fall into that category so it won't take long to establish whether there is any chance they will play ball.

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

That's true.  The only way it could work  is if those MPs who voted in favour of the  Withdrawal Agreement bill progressing but voted against the timetable can be persuaded to support the further legislation necessary.  There are only about a dozen MPs who fall into that category so it won't take long to establish whether there is any chance they will play ball.

Even then, if Labour get a few amendments done you'll see some of the MP's who did support the deal melt away.  That before it's even got back to the EU who will almost certainly tell us to shove it where the sun don't shine.

They aren't talking about a few subtle changes, it's pretty much every change the Boris made to May's deal. (no surprise there though)