Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

6 hours ago, apelike said:

Sorry to disappoint you but a no deal even after all this time is still the default legal position unless something happens between now and the end of any extension that may be granted. The only way it would not happen is if a deal is accepted or A50 is revoked by parliament before any extension deadline.

So no deal = one of the options available. Mabe take some time to read about how it all works as you seem to be struggling with the concept.

You have no grasp of the political reality whatsoever. It has been demonstrated REPEATEDLY that there is no majority in Parliament for no deal. The extension of A50 THREE times and the Benn Act are examples of how no deal isn’t anywhere near realistic.  So no deal is the legal default, how is that working out for you?

So if an amendment was tabled, do you really think no deal will be an option?

Johnson is no attempting to ram through his deal in three days through Parliament. The previous deal took three months. Think there will be sufficient scrutiny on this deal in three days?

14 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

To the ones in need of education. See “Padfield”. 

The Government legal advisers to Boris won't need educating about Padfield.

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

You have no grasp of the political reality whatsoever. It has been demonstrated REPEATEDLY that there is no majority in Parliament for no deal. The extension of A50 THREE times and the Benn Act are examples of how no deal isn’t anywhere near realistic.  So no deal is the legal default, how is that working out for you?

Johnson is no attempting to ram through his deal in three days through Parliament. The previous deal took three months. Think there will be sufficient scrutiny on this deal in three days?

They have had over three years to debate the issue and no amount of extra time will change the minds of the MPs who don't respect the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.  Those MPs will never support any deal to leave the EU. 

13 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Only the affluent middle class, the rich and the wealthy establishment want us to keep our membership.

Sure, the 1.5m BritinEU all sound very affluent middle class, rich and wealthy establishment:

Representative sample

The 'champions of the people' pushing the hardest of Brexits have thrown their own citizens living across the EU27 under the Brexit bus, and they are coming for you next: the writing is all over the wall of Johnson's deal edits relative to May's deal. 

Don't expect any sympathy from them, when Brexit starts to bite at home for real. None whatsoever.

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

They have had over three years to debate the issue a

they're not debating 'the issue', they're debating this bill.

the details of which are important, the details of which they've had for about 5 minutes.

i suspect it'll pass. giving nervous MP's the chance to say they voted for it, before it falls over at the next hurdle...

Edited by ads36

24 minutes ago, ads36 said:

the details of which are important, the details of which they've had for about 5 minutes.

i suspect it'll pass. giving nervous MP's the chance to say they voted for it, before it falls over at the next hurdle...

Corbyn the leader of the Labour Party made it clear he was going to vote against the new Withdrawal Agreement before the details were announced and confirmation by the EU that an agreement had been made .   The dishonest MPs with the help of the speaker, who still seek to block the implementation of the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result have turned Parliament into a pantomime. 

30 minutes ago, ads36 said:

I agree, as the Letwin amendment requires it to pass all processes before it is given final approval. 

44 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Government legal advisers to Boris won't need educating about Padfield.

I wouldn’t  be so sure, they have lost at the Supreme Court by following advice from his advisors. 

29 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Corbyn the leader of the Labour Party made it clear he was going to vote against the new Withdrawal Agreement before the details were announced and confirmation by the EU that an agreement had been made .   The dishonest MPs with the help of the speaker, who still seek to block the implementation of the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result have turned Parliament into a pantomime. 

Beg to differ, 'pantomime' has been the state of British politics since around February 2016 at least. Without going all the way back then,  at nearly 2 years old now:

:any correspondence between points raised in the above, and Brexit sub-topics that are currently of burning interest to panto villains and goodies in no.10 and the HoC, is entirely fortuitous of course ;)

50 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

I wouldn’t  be so sure, they have lost at the Supreme Court by following advice from his advisors. 

Don't be so naive.  The Government and Boris tell their legal advisers what they want to achieve and legal advice is given to support and not support their aim.  The Government legal advisers will have told Boris it was highly likely he would lose in the Supreme Court.  The same legal people who argue against Boris would argue for him if they were working for him. To suggest the legal experts who advice Boris are not the very best is ludicrous

Edited by Lockdoctor

4 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Whether it is working out or not is not the point I was making as the fact of the matter and the law is that a no-deal is still the default legal stance unless changed by parliament and I was very clear on that. Parliament has neither revoked A50 or accepted leaving with a deal so any extension is just that, an extension of the negotiations in parliament. The EU are not going to change their minds about what they are offering and why should they.

I will wait and see and not judge on pointless hypothetical questions.

I don't know as parliament are in charge not me and in anycase, see above! 

Just to add.. If this deal is basically the same with only a 5% change then is safe to assume that most of it has already been debated and only the bit that is changed will need debating again.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, apelike said:

If this deal is basically the same with only a 5% change

that was the withdrawal agreement (2 pages)

this is the withdrawal agreement bill (100 pages)

it's a good job we're leaving all that EU bureaucracy behind!

oh....

Edited by ads36

3 minutes ago, ads36 said:

that was the withdrawal agreement (2 pages)

this is the withdrawal agreement bill (100 pages)

it's a good job we're leaving all that EU bureaucracy behind!

oh....

The Irish border seems to have the best governmental brains in a twist. By best I mean Barclay.

BBC News - Brexit deal: NI firms must declare goods heading to rest of the UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50137320

Shambles.