Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The images of the People's Votes March on Saturday 19 October 2019 reveal less diversity among those attending than is present on an average Tommy Robinson March. 

?image=6181748

It was a march of privilege against democracy.

Obviously this crowd are the landed gentry,big business owners and directors and bankers.

Probably a few corrupt EU commissioners swelling the numbers as well.!

Come the revolution they will wish this photo didn’t exist😁

30 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The EU have stated they received the letter, and it is fine, signed or not.

Angel1.

I thought you didn’t like the EU having control of our laws.

I think a UK court will decide whether Johnson is in contempt or not.

22 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don’t be so ridiculous!

How on earth would you decide who had voted what in the first referendum? 🙄

Why would you need to do that?

The vote of leave in the first referendum is still valid until it is revoked. What was proposed by the op was that we had a run-off in addition to that one. Any vote should now be about how we leave, with a deal or leave without a deal.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

A true democrat wouldn’t pick and choose the bits of democracy that they supported.

It is a bit hypocritical to claim to respect democracy and then to complain about the conduct of our democratically elected parliament.

EXACTLY, well done have a gold star, Lockdoctor, to the back of the class please

31 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The only substantive point is both you and I voted to Remain in the EU, but unlike you I respect democracy and support those who are attempting to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.  

Yes, I supported the actions of our democratically elected Parliament who voted overwhelmingly to hold the 2016 EU Referendum and then overwhelmingly voted to trigger Article 50.  I don't support our democratically elected Parliament when they backslide and attempt to cheat 17.4 million of their own people out of their democratic wish to leave the EU. No honest person who respects democracy could respect how Parliament has behaved since the democratic 2016 EU Referendum vote.

Thank you.

That clears things up nicely.

Please don’t claim to be a democrat again, as you clearly are not one.

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don’t be so ridiculoous!

How on earth would you decide who had voted what in the first referendum? 🙄

You're the one who is being ridiculous because it is a historic fact that Leave won the 2016 democratic EU Referendum vote.  Another referendum vote with the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer on the ballot paper and No-Deal  would most certainly end up with a victory for the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer because that is a compromise option for Remain voters.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Thank you.

That clears things up nicely.

Please don’t claim to be a democrat again, as you clearly are not one.

Who made you a forum moderator?  I will continue to respect democracy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Who made you a forum moderator?  I will continue to respect democracy.

Nothing to do with being a moderator. I’m just asking you to desist from claiming to be something that you clearly are not.

Carry on, if you wish. But just saying that you are something, doesn’t make it true. 

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Why would you need to do that?

To decide who was eligible to vote of course! 🙄

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To decide who was eligible to vote of course! 🙄

The ones eligible to vote would be those who are the correct age and qualify if and when another referendum is called.:huh:

Edited by apelike

8 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Nothing to do with being a moderator. I’m just asking you to desist from claiming to be something that you clearly are not.

Carry on, if you wish. But just saying that you are something, doesn’t make it true. 

How on earth can you say that I am claiming to be something  that I am not when I have stated I voted to remain in the EU but support leaving the EU and implementing the 2016 EU Referendum result  because I respect democracy? 

You're in no position to ask me to desist from doing anything because you're not a forum moderator.

27 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I thought you didn’t like the EU having control of our laws.

I think a UK court will decide whether Johnson is in contempt or not.

No it will not be our Courts, the EU state the letter is ok. Job done.

Just because you have some fanatical desire to see the United Kingdoms PM "banged up" does not mean it will happen, despite your posts hoping he is.

Angel1.

12 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No it will not be our Courts, the EU state the letter is ok. Job done.

Just because you have some fanatical desire to see the United Kingdoms PM "banged up" does not mean it will happen, despite your posts hoping he is.

Angel1.

The job will (probably) be done when we get the extension. Any other outcome could be serious for Johnson. 

I’d be interested to see you quote the posts where I say that I hope he’s banged up.