Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

20 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:Angel1.

What it does actually show is that Boris or his legal advisers are a league above the silly remain advisers, who appear at first sight to have made a major blunder.

Angel1.

I presume that Johnson has sacked his old legal team then. You know, the ones who told him that proroguing Parliament was legal.

So far, Johnson has yet to win either a Commons vote, or a court case, since he became our unelected PM.

So, what chance do you think he has of winning this one?

He could get banged up for two years, for contempt. We all know that you’d like to see criminals locked away for a long time, so I guess you’d support such an outcome.

9 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I presume that Johnson has sacked his old legal team then. You know, the ones who told him that proroguing Parliament was legal.

So far, Johnson has yet to win either a Commons vote, or a court case, since he became our unelected PM.

So, what chance do you think he has of winning this one?

He could get banged up for two years, for contempt. We all know that you’d like to see criminals locked away for a long time, so I guess you’d support such an outcome.

Just for the record he did win ONE commons vote. Very ironically it was the domestic abuse bill. Go figure. 

32 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Actually it was the ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019, polled by ComRes across the UK.

The biggest Poll on Brexit since the referendum has absolutely NOTHING to do with The Express, although they may have reported on it.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

I do wish that Remainers would attempt to use facts in their posts, and not just misinformation.

Weren't you the one that said polls shouldn't be trusted?

46 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I hope they quit <removed> about and revoke tomorrow but realistically any new deal should be subject to proper scrutiny otherwise we could be signing anything. Three days isn't nearly enough.

That is interesting. They should have an amendment that states that if future trade talks fail, then the legal default should be revocation of A50. There is absolutely no appetite for no deal in the Commons, might as well make it official. 

8 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Just for the record he did win ONE commons vote. Very ironically it was the domestic abuse bill.

I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Actually it was the ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019, polled by ComRes across the UK.

The biggest Poll on Brexit since the referendum has absolutely NOTHING to do with The Express, although they may have reported on it.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

I do wish that Remainers would attempt to use facts in their posts, and not just misinformation.

When you actually look at the data sets used, they are so minimalist that they would not stand up to any statistical scrutiny;

https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Daily-Express-Snap-Political-Poll-Oct-2019-v1.pdf

This is like me asking my mates what they voted for and then publishing it as fact - which of course it would be.

In my opinion, the figures do not reflect in any way the regional bias (c.f. the Scottish vote).

P.S. Still waiting for any evidence that Brexit will benefit the EU...

P.P.S. Been waiting for over 3 years

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think you are clutching at straws here.  As far as we know, Boris had to send a letter to the EU. There appears to be no definitive proof that the letter had to bear Boris's signature, a major slip up by the remainers it would seem. So your rather foolish assumption that Boris broke some law or other might be puerile piffle.

So can anyone prove that he sent the letter?

2 hours ago, apelike said:

I believe if you care to take a look and check you will find that Tusk has already confirmed he has received it on Saturday evening with two others from Johnson.

Yes, he has received a letter - which is apparently unsigned.

Does this mean that if you or I sent a letter with Boris' name at the bottom, it would be taken as originated from him, without proof i.e. signature?

Boris is mocking the parliamentary process of the UK, and by doing so mocking the electorate of the UK.

He should be jailed for this action.

13 minutes ago, Litotes said:

When you actually look at the data sets used, they are so minimalist that they would not stand up to any statistical scrutiny;

https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Daily-Express-Snap-Political-Poll-Oct-2019-v1.pdf

This is like me asking my mates what they voted for and then publishing it as fact - which of course it would be.

In my opinion, the figures do not reflect in any way the regional bias (c.f. the Scottish vote).

Does this mean that if you or I sent a letter with Boris' name at the bottom, it would be taken as originated from him, without proof i.e. signature?

Boris is mocking the parliamentary process of the UK, and by doing so mocking the electorate of the UK.

They won't kick us out may be a clue.

24 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Yes Tusk can! Photocopies are also available.

Unsigned or not he has complied with the Benn act by sending one with the wording as described also by the Benn act.

I somehow don't think it would pass as being sent from you as it would need to be headed as being from 10 Downing Street and the PM it would also be illegal for you to do so. But... you already knew that!

If he has broken any laws then yes he should be taken to account.

Edited by apelike

30 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Here's a clue who sent the letter,

Yours sincerely,

Prime minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

who do you suppose sent it?

Edited by retep

19 minutes ago, retep said:

Here's a clue who sent the letter,

Yours sincerely,

Prime minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

who do you suppose sent it?

Dominic Cummings?

22 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

So what would you do, use the police to stop the protest?

Are people not allowed to hold, and demonstrate for, different opinions to those supported in the referendum?

How long are we not allowed to protest for, in perpetuity? 

Your turn to answer.

I will defend your right to protest to the hilt.

However, let's not pretend, that refusing to respect a majority referendum result, is democratic.

Edited by Lex Luthor

On 18 October 2019 at 21:16, Lex Luthor said:

Ahh.  I see the TCH School of Electoral Mathematics has another subscriber.

Afraid I can't help it if you don't fact-check your arguments and if you suck at maths ;)

So, back from a weekend in France, looks like I didn't miss anything.

The DUP didn't get onside (as I expected), the deal wasn't voted through (as I expected) and Johnson's had to send an extension request (as I expected).

Brexit episodes are getting boringly predictable, even with bringing in that new scriptwriter Cummings: it's time they killed off that series :D

10 minutes ago, L00b said:

Afraid I can't help it if you don't fact-check your arguments and if you suck at maths ;)

🤣. Nice try, but no cigar.