Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Most people don't want Brexit - c'mon, lets put this fish to bed!

Don't know where you get that info from but I believe it was 51.8% that voted to leave in the referendum and that statistic stands when it comes to democracy as its the voters that count.

There is a rumour that Boris didn't send the letter - it was someone else - no proof though as the letter was unsigned.

I believe if you care to take a look and check you will find that Tusk has already confirmed he has received it on Saturday evening with two others from Johnson.

Pity that, as unless there is proof he did send the letter, then he is breaking the law.

See above!

35 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Theyre obeying, just not obeying without pause.

A 3.5 year pause, how long do you hope this pause lasts.

Angel1

36 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Aren’t you Angelfire1 in disguise?

Please do not attribute words to me that I have not said.

Thank You.

Angel1.

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Thank You.

Angel1.

I’m not attributing owt to you, I’m just making an observation.

26 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You can go to prison for two years for contempt of court.

Here’s hoping 

It is reported that ERG MPs want to threaten jail for any British citizen who 'undermine British negotiations abroad'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7591983/Tory-MPs-push-law-threatening-JAIL-British-citizens-undermine-Government-talks-abroad.html

Judging by te comments, many Daily Heil readers think it's a wonderful idea

33 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Yet more statistics from the Junk in the Trunk - lie damn lies and statistics - 26,000 people polled by the Express showed this 54%.

Sorry, but I have asked my mates (a carefully selected group) and 100% think the Express is wrong...

There is a rumour that Boris didn't send the letter - it was someone else - no proof though as the letter was unsigned.

Pity that, as unless there is proof he did send the letter, then he is breaking the law.

If only, he'd been willing to put his name to the letter, he could have avoided this allegation!

I think you are clutching at straws here.  As far as we know, Boris had to send a letter to the EU. There appears to be no definitive proof that the letter had to bear Boris's signature, a major slip up by the remainers it would seem. So your rather foolish assumption that Boris broke some law or other might be puerile piffle.

Angel1

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m not attributing owt to you, I’m just making an observation.

Then please do not observe words to me that I have not said.

Thank You.

Angel1.

22 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Thank You.

Angel1.

I hope they quit <removed> about and revoke tomorrow but realistically any new deal should be subject to proper scrutiny otherwise we could be signing anything. Three days isn't nearly enough.

Edited by nikki-red

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think you are clutching at straws here.  As far as we know, Boris had to send a letter to the EU. There appears to be no definitive proof that the letter had to bear Boris's signature, a major slip up by the remainers it would seem. So your rather foolish assumption that Boris broke some law or other might be puerile piffle.

Angel1

The Boris in contempt of court thing relies on whether the other letter he sent was an attempt to sabotage the extension request in the first one rather than whether he signed it or not.

Legalities aside, one thing him not signing the letter does do is show a childish petulance - not exactly a quality people usually desire in a country's leader.

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I hope they quit <removed> about and revoke tomorrow but realistically any new deal should be subject to proper scrutiny otherwise we could be signing anything. Three days isn't nearly enough.

I agree that the paperwork should be scrutinised.

The forum put two of my posts together, why it does so defeats me. I did not attribute the second one to yourself. Apologies if it appeared so.

Angel1.

5 minutes ago, altus said:

The Boris in contempt of court thing relies on whether the other letter he sent was an attempt to sabotage the extension request in the first one rather than whether he signed it or not.

Legalities aside, one thing him not signing the letter does do is show a childish petulance - not exactly a quality people usually desire in a country's leader.

What it does actually show is that Boris or his legal advisers are a league above the silly remain advisers, who appear at first sight to have made a major blunder.

Angel1.

Edited by nikki-red

55 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Yet more statistics from the Junk in the Trunk - lie damn lies and statistics - 26,000 people polled by the Express showed this 54%.

Sorry, but I have asked my mates (a carefully selected group) and 100% think the Express is wrong...

If only, he'd been willing to put his name to the letter, he could have avoided this allegation!

Actually it was the ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019, polled by ComRes across the UK.

The biggest Poll on Brexit since the referendum has absolutely NOTHING to do with The Express, although they may have reported on it.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

I do wish that Remainers would attempt to use facts in their posts, and not just misinformation.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Actually it was the ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019, polled by ComRes across the UK.

The biggest Poll on Brexit since the referendum has absolutely NOTHING to do with The Express, although they may have reported on it.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

I do wish that Remainers would attempt to use facts in their posts, and not just misinformation.

They have done this from day one in their desire to overturn a democratically held ballot. 

Angel1.

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

What it does actually show is that Boris or his legal advisers are a league above the silly remain advisers, who appear at first sight to have made a major blunder.

Would these be the government legal advisers who were so successful in the supreme court recently? Those "silly remain advisers" must be quaking in their boots.

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I agree that the paperwork should be scrutinised.

The forum put two of my posts together, why it does so defeats me. I did not attribute the second one to yourself. Apologies if it appeared so.

Angel1.

Angel1.

It really doesn't. Whether he signed it or not, plus the extra letter he stuck in, and the other crap, is just designed to generate more news froth to disguise the fact he has lost every vote his government has backed in parliament, lost the support of the DUP, sacked his working majority and paralysed the government.  And the UK is not going to leave the EU on Oct 31. What a genius. His ditch awaits.

The request for the extension has already been acknowledged.