Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

After over three years of not giving the electorate what they voted for, 54% of the British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU - regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

Most people’s preferred outcome is now for the UK to leave the EU.

Lets do this. Lets get Brexit done!

We are but its not like ripping a plaster off, more like giving birth. You can't speed it up just because you're bored!

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Have they convinced you that you’ll be better off since you voted remain?

I also voted to remain and I believe the result should be honoured.

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Have they convinced you that you’ll be better off since you voted remain?

I don't need to be convinced by the Leave campaign because the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result changed me to supporting our country leaving the EU.  It will be bad for our country if the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result is not implemented.  The only way our country can move on is by implementing the 2016 EU Referendum result because overturning the result will kill democracy in our country.

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't need to be convinced by the Leave campaign because the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result changed me to supporting our country leaving the EU.  It will be bad for our country if the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result is not implemented.  The only way our country can move on is by implementing the 2016 EU Referendum result because overturning the result will kill democracy in our country.

How will it kill democracy?

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It will kill democracy because many people who voted to leave in 2016 will not bother to vote in future elections if the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result is not implemented.

Obviously you've got something to back that up.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

To make sure we do not crash out on purpose with a no deal scenario. He has now stated that if Johnson can put the new deal to a vote this week he would vote for it.

Correct.....he would not trust the word only of Boris .....but who would?

Words from the past,

They have disowned the referendum result and cynically forgotten the unequivocal words of the late Paddy Ashdown on TV as the results came through that, as democrats, they would fully accept the verdict of the people.

The former leader of the party said: ‘Those who asked for this, and I was the first leader ever to ask for a referendum in 1989-90, have said so because they believe in the act of democracy.

‘I will forgive no one who does not accept the sovereign voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it’s by one per cent or 20 per cent. It’s our duty to serve the public and make sure our country does the best it can with the decision people have given us… When democracy speaks, we obey.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7592275/LORD-OWEN-five-million-Labour-voters-backed-Leave-feel-now.html

10 minutes ago, retep said:

Words from the past,

They have disowned the referendum result and cynically forgotten the unequivocal words of the late Paddy Ashdown on TV as the results came through that, as democrats, they would fully accept the verdict of the people.

The former leader of the party said: ‘Those who asked for this, and I was the first leader ever to ask for a referendum in 1989-90, have said so because they believe in the act of democracy.

‘I will forgive no one who does not accept the sovereign voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it’s by one per cent or 20 per cent. It’s our duty to serve the public and make sure our country does the best it can with the decision people have given us… When democracy speaks, we obey.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7592275/LORD-OWEN-five-million-Labour-voters-backed-Leave-feel-now.html

Aren’t you Angelfire1 in disguise?

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Theyre obeying, just not obeying without pause.

Exactly, they're not trying to stop us shooting ourselves in the foot - they're just trying to make sure we've got a steel toe-cap boot or something to minimise the damage.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

After over three years of not giving the electorate what they voted for, 54% of the British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU - regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

Most people’s preferred outcome is now for the UK to leave the EU.

Lets do this. Lets get Brexit done!

Yet more statistics from the Junk in the Trunk - lie damn lies and statistics - 26,000 people polled by the Express showed this 54%.

Sorry, but I have asked my mates (a carefully selected group) and 100% think the Express is wrong...

Most people don't want Brexit - c'mon, lets put this fish to bed!

There is a rumour that Boris didn't send the letter - it was someone else - no proof though as the letter was unsigned.

Pity that, as unless there is proof he did send the letter, then he is breaking the law.

If only, he'd been willing to put his name to the letter, he could have avoided this allegation!

5 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Pity that, as unless there is proof he did send the letter, then he is breaking the law.

If only, he'd been willing to put his name to the letter, he could have avoided this allegation!

You can go to prison for two years for contempt of court.

Here’s hoping