Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Yes it has been posted before I know that. After yesterdays shenanigans in Westminster I thought it apt to remind our posters of it. It seems to fit perfectly with the ongoing debacle of Brexit and the behaviour of the MP's and indeed the remainer who is the Speaker, who should be neutral and non biased.

Cromwell's Whoremasters Speech to Parliament
General Cromwell's Dissolution of the Long Parliament 1653:

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!"

Lt General Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653

Angel1

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Yes it has been posted before I know that. After yesterdays shenanigans in Westminster I thought it apt to remind our posters of it. It seems to fit perfectly with the ongoing debacle of Brexit and the behaviour of the MP's and indeed the remainer who is the Speaker, who should be neutral and non biased.

Cromwell's Whoremasters Speech to Parliament
General Cromwell's Dissolution of the Long Parliament 1653:

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!"

Lt General Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653

Angel1

Are you ready for 11 years of Puritanism ?

17 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Everyone knows that the majority that voted in favour of the Letwin amendment did so to play for my time to attempt to overturn the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.  Corbyn didn't need more time to  scrutinise the new Withdrawal Agreement because he had already made his mind up to vote against it before the announcement a new agreement had been reached.  The SNP similarly don't need more time to scrutinise the new agreement because they won't change their mind and support the UK leaving the EU.

That old undemocratic chestnut about putting it back to the people with the option of Remain on the ballot paper doesn't respect democracy because Remain lost the democratic 2016 EU referendum.  It's a bit like letting Ireland play New Zealand again in the year's  Rugby World Cup and the winners being allowed to play England in the Semi Final.

A Tory,withdrawal supporting MP tabled the amendment.Why did he consider this necessary?

Your second paragraph is nonsensical on so many levels

40 minutes ago, RJRB said:

A Tory,withdrawal supporting MP tabled the amendment.Why did he consider this necessary?

To make sure we do not crash out on purpose with a no deal scenario. He has now stated that if Johnson can put the new deal to a vote this week he would vote for it.

Edited by apelike

57 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The prorogation situation this year was unprecedented. It's standard practice for the Government of the day to take advice from their own legal experts and not the opposition's legal experts.

But their own legal "experts" are biased, just like Blair's were when he went to war in Iraq.

Having your own legal experts just means that they try to bend the law to political will.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

That old undemocratic chestnut about putting it back to the people with the option of Remain on the ballot paper doesn't respect democracy because Remain lost the democratic 2016 EU referendum.  It's a bit like letting Ireland play New Zealand again in the year's  Rugby World Cup and the winners being allowed to play England in the Semi Final.

But NZ didn’t cheat and lie to win the game.

Do you remember the 1999 FA cup tie between Arsenal and Sheffield United?

That would be a better analogy.

Details here, for those who want them 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

8 minutes ago, taxman said:

But their own legal "experts" are biased, just like Blair's were when he went to war in Iraq.

Having your own legal experts just means that they try to bend the law to political will.

Of course you're more likely to listen to legal advice from the legal expert who tells you what you want to hear. If all the laws were all straight forward and unambiguous the legal experts would be out of a job.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But NZ didn’t cheat and lie to win the game.

Do you remember the 1999 FA cup tie between Arsenal and Sheffield United?

That would be a better analogy.

Details here, for those who want them 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

The 17.4 million who placed a cross in the leave box on the ballot paper didn't cheat and lie.  Both campaigns were bad campaigns and used biased information  to support their own agenda.  Only adults over 18 were allowed to vote in the democratic 2016 EU Referendum.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The 17.4 million who placed a cross in the leave box on the ballot paper didn't cheat and lie.  Both campaigns were bad campaigns and used biased information  to support their own agenda.  Only adults over 18 were allowed to vote in the democratic 2016 EU Referendum.

So why did you vote to remain?

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

So why did you vote to remain?

Because the Leave campaign hadn't convinced me that I or my family would be any better off if our country left the EU. The Remain campaign didn't convince me to vote to remain either, but it made more sense to keep the current situation and vote remain when I was unsure what was best for me and my family.  I supported leaving the EU on 24th June 2016 because that was the wishes of the majority who voted and I respect democracy.

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

After over three years of not giving the electorate what they voted for, 54% of the British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU - regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

Most people’s preferred outcome is now for the UK to leave the EU.

Lets do this. Lets get Brexit done!

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because the Leave campaign hadn't convinced me that I or my family would be any better off if our country left the EU. The Remain campaign didn't convince me to vote to remain either, but it made more sense to keep the current situation and vote remain when I was unsure what was best for me and my family.  I supported leaving the EU on 24th June 2016 because that was the wishes of the majority who voted and I respect democracy.

Have they convinced you that you’ll be better off since you voted remain?