Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

47 minutes ago, davyboy said:

OH,  WHEN IS THIS FARCE GOING TO END?

Parliament have turned our country into a laughing stock.

In France, Le Figaro says: “British MPs have added an incredible episode to the already lengthy Brexit series. By deciding not to decide anything”.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When leaving with 'no deal' is mooted, and the threat of hardship, poverty and travails on the people, Brexiteers MPs and journalists love to invoke the 'Bulldog spirit' that apparently saw us through WW2. Yet many of them are now moaning and whining that they feel a bit bored with Brexit, and want to move onto something else.

Snowflakes :hihi:

Parliament could have ruled out no-deal yesterday if they had voted to support the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer.   The speaker of the house shouldn't have allowed the amendment. 

12 hours ago, Litotes said:

Harsh describing BoJo as a terrorist isn't it?

Although, by not signing the letter, he has broken the law.

Is this going to be another example of one law for the Leavers, on for the rest?

Do you know that as a fact? He has sent a letter asking for an extension as parliament wanted, why should he sign it if he doesn't believe it's the right move. I don't know if makes it illegal not signing it though 

Edited by NERVY-OWL

1 hour ago, davyboy said:

OH,  WHEN IS THIS FARCE GOING TO END?

The answer, when the democracy denying remainers finally accept there "aint going to be another referendum" and it sinks in that if they keep pushing the inevitable leave on WTO will be implemented. Which is a true Brexit of course.

Corbyn is our best bet to achieve this, simply by not voting for Boris's deal and by not wanting a General Election, which would sort this problem out, once and for all. If he wins and has a majority, he could revoke article 50, bringing it all to an end. But he is frit.

Angel1.

12 hours ago, Litotes said:

So by sending an unsigned letter to the EU, Boris is breaking the law.

Hope he doesn't bend over too far when he picks up the soaps in the prison showers!

Otherwise he will feel what the majority of the UK have felt from him!

And you have evidence of this to prove your point.

I would assume the Governments Lawyers have advised the PM that he is within his rights to send the letter, unsigned.

Angel1.

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

And you have evidence of this to prove your point.

I would assume the Governments Lawyers have advised the PM that he is within his rights to send the letter, unsigned.

Angel1.

Exactly correct.  Boris stated in Parliament yesterday after the vote that it wasn't against the law for him not to negotiate with the EU for an extension.  It was  Corbyn and Blackford who embarrassed themselves with their rants about laying down the law to Boris

13 hours ago, Litotes said:

So by sending an unsigned letter to the EU, Boris is breaking the law.

Hope he doesn't bend over too far when he picks up the soaps in the prison showers!

Otherwise he will feel what the majority of the UK have felt from him!

He has obeyed the law. He was obliged to send a letter asking for an extension which he has done. I doubt the law states he had to sign it and I also doubt that he was forbidden from sending a second one.

Edited by hobinfoot

25 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

He has obeyed the law. He was obliged to send a letter asking for an extension which he has done. I doubt the law states he had to sign it and I also doubt that he was forbidden from sending a second one.

I think it’s a carry over from his playground days when he made a promise,but it doesn’t count because he had his fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The answer, when the democracy denying remainers finally accept there "aint going to be another referendum" and it sinks in that if they keep pushing the inevitable leave on WTO will be implemented. Which is a true Brexit of course.

Corbyn is our best bet to achieve this, simply by not voting for Boris's deal and by not wanting a General Election, which would sort this problem out, once and for all. If he wins and has a majority, he could revoke article 50, bringing it all to an end. But he is frit.

Angel1.

Or, when leavers come up with a plan that won't split the union, or give massive economic kick in the balls, or leave our NHS at the mercy of the Americans.

Do you even understand what WTO terms are?

36 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Or, when leavers come up with a plan that won't split the union, or give massive economic kick in the balls, or leave our NHS at the mercy of the Americans.

Do you even understand what WTO terms are?

Yes, bending over to the USA and doing whatever stupidity Donald Trump comes up with next

38 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I think it’s a carry over from his playground days when he made a promise,but it doesn’t count because he had his fingers crossed.

He’s kept his promise by sending the letter.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

The people who are behaving like children are those criticising  Boris over the letters. It's the job of the UK Government and not Parliament to negotiate treaties.  Boris and the EU negotiated in good faith last week where compromises were made on both sides to get a new Withdrawal Agreement in the hope of ending the Brexit uncertainty on 31st October.  It's absolutely ludicrous to expect our Prime Minister not to express his public objection to an extension  being granted when he doesn't support an extension which he was forced to ask for because of Parliamentary playground game playing.