Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

and sign up to an EU army?

I know the answer to that if you are interested, but first of all you need to answer my question I already asked you. When are Turkey joining the EU?

Bluff? nope, I really do know the answer.

6 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

I know the answer to that if you are interested, but first of all you need to answer my question I already asked you. When are Turkey joining the EU?

Bluff? nope, I really do know the answer.

I know the answer to this! When Greece and Cyprus decide not to veto! Which is NEVER!

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Does the Tory deal mean we have to obey EU foreign policy and sign up to an EU army?

We won’t sign up but if we’re not in we can’t veto it so the first thing they’ll do is invade us, murder us in our beds and make us speak french and eat bratwurst which is really bad for coz I read it has nitrates and that in it so we’ll get eurocancer.

8 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Yet you are terrified to ask the question. 

The young v old demographic voting of the referendum is not flawed it is backed up by numerous analysis from the likes of the LSE for example. What is your theory? That the young overwhelmingly prefer Leave? Your hypothesis without evidence to support it is laughable. You can’t simply repeat something and eventually think it will be true. Any educated person would know this.  

I'm terrified of few things, but a referendum's not one of them.

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

Following the democratic vote it would seem that we may have a sort of mid shade of grey deal out of the 50 or so that have been discussed.There is to be no opportunity to do the obvious,fair and logical thing which is to vote on the 2 options.This deal or Remain.

Now that would be democratic!

That would be totally undemocratic.

The question whether to remain has already been put to the electorate and an answer was given.

If you want a vote on the deal now, the options on the paper have to be Boris's deal, or no deal 

6 hours ago, geared said:

Democratic vote passes the Benn Bill

*Headbangers*

Pull the other one, you might yank Farage off with it.

The majority voted to leave.  Cameron said this would be enacted immediately and there would be no single market, no customs union, blah blah blah.  So the majority voted for that.  By taking no deal off the table, Benn has removed what the majority voted for, weakened our position, and plunged us into a terrible amount of debt.

Benn is the one who is giving Farage pleasure, as core Labour voters feel let down and will vote accordingly.

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

What do you think about the banana problem?

Do you mean the fact that the UK has become a banana republic?

So here is my prediction. Johnson’s deal will WIN but with Letwin Amendment attached. 

Anyone want to counter?

Edited by Albert the Cat

Watching the Brexit deal vote, fabulous viewing.  Diane Abbott has been asleep for the majority of it? 

15 hours ago, Pettytom said:

For someone with such robust views on the EU, you have a very shaky grasp upon how it works.

What do you think about the banana problem?

Are you referring to the appalling lack of democracy in the EU institutions?

40 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Are you referring to the appalling lack of democracy in the EU institutions?

You mean like the democratically elected EU Parliament?

What about the EU Commission that is made of selected individuals who are picked by DEMOCRATICALLY elected governments. And that the Commission is answerable to the DEMOCRATICALLY elected EU Parliament. 

People who think like you need educating. 

No surprise there.  

Remain MPs, still doing all within their power to reverse the results of a democratic referendum.

2 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

No surprise there.  

Remain MPs, still doing all within their power to reverse the results of a democratic referendum.

Theres a new 500 page deal put forward that could change this country for decades and you think Mps should vote for it after only 48 hours? No government impact assessments, no committee scrutiny? Just vote for it because, what, Brexit is getting a bit boring?

Good grief.