Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

39 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I judge only about what Boris has done since he has become Prime Minister and so far he has done exactly what he set out to achieve by securing a new deal with the EU.  The last time I saw such likeness for a foreign leader that Boris enjoyed yesterday was when Barack Obama attended his first G8 summit.  

Hilarious. I am  not the one smoking dodgy substances. Have a look in the mirror.

So do you want to counter the argument I gave where the EU has legislated to protect zero hour contract workers when you wrongfully claim that the EU has done nothing for them. 

Or is the extra £3k a year I get as a holiday supplement because of this very legislation imaginary?

8 hours ago, geared said:

Pretty sure plenty of Brexiteers were shouting about the deal last year.  Considering it's 95% the same thing you don't hear all that noise right now do you?

Is it simply that now Boris has slapped his name on it they're willing to back it?

No, it's because Benn and his cronies have gotten away with taking  no-deal off the table.

37 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I judge only about what Boris has done since he has become Prime Minister and so far he has done exactly what he set out to achieve by securing a new deal with the EU.  The last time I saw such likeness for a foreign leader that Boris enjoyed yesterday was when Barack Obama attended his first G8 summit.  

Hilarious. I am  not the one smoking dodgy substances. Have a look in the mirror.

I think that what was hoped for by some of the leavers was a better deal for the UK than was offered by Mays team.She got as far as Boris has and did most of the donkey work.Lets  see how the vote goes and whatever the outcome the only certain thing is that there is no deal outside the EU then the ones we have.

6 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Correct there are reports that Corbyn rejected the deal before it was even released and even if that’s not true he had virtually no time to study it.

He is just playing political games. 

And turning core Labour voters away in their droves.

LOL

all you brextremists on here seem happy enough, BUT im just watching a Nigel Farage live stream, he, and the commenters arent very happy with the deal. According to them its 95% Mays deal, and Boris lied and pushed it through without people being able to read the details.

4 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

John Mann was on tv earlier and 70% of his constituents voted to leave and it’s hardly changed so he won’t have any trouble with them.

And 68% for Sarah Champion respectively.

4 hours ago, L00b said:

70% of his constituents, you say?

I have to ask, because 43k leave votes against 20k remain votes on a 74.8% turnout rate, does not 70% of the constituency  make.

More like 50% (with remain representing 24%, for the completists).

Ahh.  I see the TCH School of Electoral Mathematics has another subscriber.

19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

All those seeking to cheat 17.4 million of their own people out of democracy should carefully look at the situation in Spain where an illegal referendum took place.   A football match between Barcelona and Real Madrid has been postponed because of fears about civil unrest.  Democracy is a serious business and those cheated out it will not be happy. The difference between the Catalonia and the 2016 UK EU Referendum is that the UK EU Referendum was legally sanctioned and the result should be honoured and accepted by everyone.

What about the majority who didn't vote to leave - the leavers are cheating them out of the right to express their opinions on a deal which will break asunder the United Kingdom.

A football match postponement is small beer compared to what ripping up the Good Friday Agreement, the Act of Union and the  democratic right of more than 17.4 million people amounts to.

Manifesto pledges are not worth the hot air they are spoken with.

The democratic process of a second referendum should be followed.

3 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

And 68% for Sarah Champion respectively.

Labour MPs voting to deregulate workers rights. Think about that for a moment. 

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

I think that what was hoped for by some of the leavers was a better deal for the UK than was offered by Mays team.She got as far as Boris has and did most of the donkey work.Lets  see how the vote goes and whatever the outcome the only certain thing is that there is no deal outside the EU then the ones we have.

The EU stated for months that the Withdrawal Agreement agreed by Theresa May was not going to be re-negotiated.  When Boris became Prime Minister the EU told him the Withdrawal Agreement could not be re-opened. Through strong persistence Boris successfully got the EU to move their position regarding the Backstop. Boris has achieved his goal by having the Backstop removed which Theresa May failed to do.  This is now it, the EU are not going to offer  the UK a third Withdrawal Agreement.  Our country democratically  voted to leave the EU and the choice is simple if our country is to remain a democratic nation and that is either our country accepts the new deal on offer or our country leaves the EU without a deal.

38 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Ahh right, so if Stalin came back now and was a good boy, all his sins would be forgiven, never mind the previous example he set to the young of today?

Fine, open the jails, all your sins are forgiven - a true right wing example - oh hold on, wasn't Boris the one that recently suggested that sins shouldn't be forgiven and that there would be no more mid-term paroles?

Hypocrisy, your name is Boris!

Amazing how none of the belavers have any challenge to this post.

The MP is a cheat, a liar, a sexist and racist and the fact that the leavers are behind him tars them with the same brush - how can you countenance supporting such a reprehensible character?

He should be in jail.

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Our country democratically  voted to leave the EU and the choice is simple if our country is to remain a democratic nation and that is either our country accepts the new deal on offer or our country leaves the EU without a deal.

If it is a democracy the population should have the chance to change their minds.

Give us the chance to show the true value we put on the Betrayal Act  that the lying cheating sexist racist PM has notgotiated.

But democracy won't be allowed to speak in this Stalinist regime that BoJo promotes.

Long live Boris, long live the leave campaign, down with democracy </sarcasm>

Edited by Litotes
spellink

7 minutes ago, Litotes said:

If it is a democracy the population should have the chance to change their minds.

Give us the chance to show the true value we put on the Betrayal Act  that the lying cheating sexist racist PM has notgotiated.

But democracy won't be allowed to speak in this Stalinist regime that BoJo promotes.

Long live Boris, long live the leave campaign, down with democracy </sarcasm>

Change the broken record.

9 minutes ago, Litotes said:

What about the majority who didn't vote to leave - the leavers are cheating them out of the right to express their opinions on a deal which will break asunder the United Kingdom.

As far as I recall the outcome of the referendum was 51.89% for leave against 48.11% for remain which make leave the majority.. or does it not work that way?

A football match postponement is small beer compared to what ripping up the Good Friday Agreement, the Act of Union and the  democratic right of more than 17.4 million people amounts to.

I think the EU have already agreed that is not the case by approving this deal.

Manifesto pledges are not worth the hot air they are spoken with.

I agree.

The democratic process of a second referendum should be followed.

Only after the first democratic one is implemented and that is only if parliament wish to have another.