Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

John Mann stated the the issue of workers rights and environmental  protection is a red herring because Parliament can give the UK workers better workers rights and have more environmental protection after our country leave the EU.

They CAN do but precedent has shown that they will not. So based on what you know, why do you think that will change?

Just now, Albert the Cat said:

They CAN do but precedent has shown that they will not. So based on what you know, why do you think that will change?

What precedent?     The Labour Party were proposing a four day week for workers at their recent party conference if they win the next General Election.   Are the EU planning to bring in legislation so all EU workers are on a four day week?

21 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

If the UK parliament throws this agreement back I think the EU will say no matter what we do it will not be good enough for you and wave goodbye.

As they should. There is no perfect solution to Ireland which I believe is what Corbyn and co know so will use that to stop it happening at all.  It's all getting tiring now so it will be interesting to see what happens when it's rejected tomorrow

26 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

As they should. There is no perfect solution to Ireland which I believe is what Corbyn and co know so will use that to stop it happening at all.  It's all getting tiring now so it will be interesting to see what happens when it's rejected tomorrow

The true democratic option of a second referendum.

8 minutes ago, Litotes said:

The true democratic option of a second referendum.

Depends what it says.  If it's to decide on the deal fair enough but not wether to stay or leave, we've had that one.

43 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What precedent?     The Labour Party were proposing a four day week for workers at their recent party conference if they win the next General Election.   Are the EU planning to bring in legislation so all EU workers are on a four day week?

I think I need to almost spell this out. Look at every piece of legislation that has strengthened workers rights over the last 20 years and you tell me how many have been instigated by the EU and followed by U.K. adoption of EU law versus ones that have originated within the U.K.

The MOST pessimistic voting analysis by the FT predicts that the government will lose tomorrow. 

Going to get the popcorn ready. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

26 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

I think I need to almost spell this out. Look at every piece of legislation that has strengthened workers rights over the last 20 years and you tell me how many have been instigated by the EU and followed by U.K. adoption of EU law versus ones that have originated within the U.K.

The MOST pessimistic voting analysis by the FT predicts that the government will lose tomorrow. 

Going to get the popcorn ready. 

The UK has been in the EU or Common Market for 45 years now.  Forty five years ago outside toilets were a common feature in most homes and they are obsolete now and that isn't because of the EU.  The World has moved on in 45 years and our country would have improved itself regarding workers rights regardless  of whether we had been a member of the EEC community.  The biggest outrage in workers rights since 1975  is the movement away from  full time jobs to part time jobs. The EU has done nothing to stop the exploitation of workers who are on zero hours contracts. I am only a very small business owner who runs a  family business to basically help my own family. However, we do employ non family members and wouldn't dream of exploiting any of them by offering  zero hour contracts which the EU has done nothing to prevent.

Edited by Lockdoctor

7 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You forget that the Tories are led by a self admitted liar and cheat who is sexist and racist to boot - Rees-Smug, Farage (the man who applied for a German passport the day after the brexit vote) and BoJo all stand to make lots of money when we leave - it is about self interest not national-interest

And all those MPs losing their EU pension are going to give that up easily. Either side can claim the other is looking after their own interests

18 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You forget that the Tories are led by a self admitted liar and cheat who is sexist and racist to boot - Rees-Smug, Farage (the man who applied for a German passport the day after the brexit vote) and BoJo all stand to make lots of money when we leave - it is about self interest not national-interest

Read the comments made today by Donald Tusk regarding Boris.   

Just now, Litotes said:

They don't lose their pensions

I would of thought they lose the EU pension if we leave going on what I've read. Anyway my point is there will be MPs on either side wanting to stay or go for reasons other than the good of the country so no point just bringing Boris or farage into it

25 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Read the comments made today by Donald Tusk regarding Boris.   

Read the numerous stories about him making up quotations for newspaper stories, cheating on his wife, using racist comments, using sexist comments...

They outnumber one comment from someone who has a vested interest.

He is a cheat, liar sexist and racist - you cannot refute these. Or can you?

We ought to take control back - by having a second referendum - true democracy in action.