Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Having said that at least Mrs May's deal ensured that worker's rights and environmental protections were kept. Johnson's deal doesn't have those. I'm glad that Corbyn has spoken out against the proposal, and I sincerely hope that no Labour MP will vote in favour of it. 

Corbyn talks wet, what workers rights and environmental protections do you think will be lost exactly ?

It's only about 15 years ago under a Labour government, there were manufacturing companies in this city setting Polish and other Eastern European workers on by the bus load to keep down wage costs and undercutting local employees rates of pay, this happened up and down the country, and people like you and the Corbynista wonder why the working class voted for Brexit, you have no idea seriously, however some Labour MPs do know and understand why many of their constituents voted to Leave and may have the political savvy to see through the clap trap spouted by their leader and his cohorts !

49 minutes ago, L00b said:

At least Hoey and Mann will vote for the deal, based on past form.

Can't hardly wait to see how their constituents will reward them for it, in a few years' time :twisted:

Karma is a bitch, and where Brexit is concerned, by now there are galactic supplies of the stuff stored up, ready for delivery ;)

John Mann was on tv earlier and 70% of his constituents voted to leave and it’s hardly changed so he won’t have any trouble with them.

21 minutes ago, apelike said:

True as that deal has now changed but this new deal has this in place instead:

“The Parties should uphold the common high standards applicable in the Union and the United Kingdom at the end of the transition period in the areas of state aid, competition, social and employment standards, environment, climate change and relevant tax matters.”

Although the above is not binding in law it would be seen as a bold step to actually ignore those wishes and Corbyn cannot also guarantee that the above would not carry on being applied.

Well, which would you give the most consideration to inform your decision, objectively:

the statement of intent ; or

the absence of any legal effect or compunction around it?

What was it about electoral manifestos again, when elected parties fail to deliver some or even all of what's in them? ;)

Edited by L00b

18 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

John Mann was on tv earlier and 70% of his constituents voted to leave and it’s hardly changed so he won’t have any trouble with them.

70% of his constituents, you say?

I have to ask, because 43k leave votes against 20k remain votes on a 74.8% turnout rate, does not 70% of the constituency  make.

More like 50% (with remain representing 24%, for the completists).

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Correct there are reports that Corbyn rejected the deal before it was even released and even if that’s not true he had virtually no time to study it.

He is just playing political games. 

Its true 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7585993/Jeremy-Corbyn-rejects-PMs-sell-deal-26-minutes-published.html

( The BBC have also reported on this before anyone starts banging on about it being in the Daily Mail ) 

7 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Its true 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7585993/Jeremy-Corbyn-rejects-PMs-sell-deal-26-minutes-published.html

( The BBC have also reported on this before anyone starts banging on about it being in the Daily Mail ) 

Leader of the Opposition opposes Government of the day

Pictures at 11.

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Saw  Chuka Umunna being interviewed on GMB this morning, (well he's hardly going to get a serious political grilling on Friday from Kate Garraway & the bloke from Tipping Point), & Umunna was going on about how it's a bad deal, yet nobody thought of the simple question of asking Umunna which parts, if any of the deal he'd actually read or why he seems privvy to seeing the deal so early, when it appears the majority of politicians had yet to see it. 

Umunna, (I can't decide which Party I want to belong to so I'll start my own), another Remainer politican whose got a whiff that he can rejuvenate Project Fear.  He even touted that line again that since the previous referendum, 2.5 million under 18's are now eligible to vote & they ALL want to remain. 

It’s a 500 odd page document, none of them have read it, but are expected to vote for it, with zero scrutiny. Raab certainly hasn’t and neither was the clueless numpty on QT last night. Does anyone honestly believe Boris has read it cover to cover?

19 minutes ago, L00b said:

I have to ask, because 43k leave votes against 20k remain votes on a 74.8% turnout rate, does not 70% of the constituency  make.

He’s on safe ground though to be fair.

32 minutes ago, L00b said:

Well, which would you give the most consideration to inform your decision, objectively:

the statement of intent ; or

the absence of any legal effect or compunction around it?

What was it about electoral manifestos again, when elected parties fail to deliver some or even all of what's in them? ;)

It not that simple though. I think the EU Withdrawal act 2018 still stands in that current applicable EU laws will be transferred to UK domestic law and although the Government have some powers to remove laws that would no longer apply they are alo limited in how and what they can do. Parliament would still have to approve any major changes.

28 minutes ago, L00b said:

The figure is obviously 70% of the people who voted, chose the leave option on the democratic 2016 EU Referendum ballot paper in the Bassetlaw  area which John Mann is the Labour MP for.   

10 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

I think L00b was referring to a few years down the line, when TTIP 2 or whatever is in place.

So sad to see my country throwing itself to the wolves in this way.

But on the run up to the original referendum, the good people of Bassetlaw were told what the EU did for them (large chunks of funding for starters) and decided they wanted to send all the Eastern Europeans home instead. Worksop will be battered in a few years, but if the likes of the express continue to lie and blame the eu and/or anyone else Mann and his ilk will be absolutely fine. Will of the people and all that.

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Having said that at least Mrs May's deal ensured that worker's rights and environmental protections were kept. Johnson's deal doesn't have those. I'm glad that Corbyn has spoken out against the proposal, and I sincerely hope that no Labour MP will vote in favour of it. 

John Mann stated the the issue of workers rights and environmental  protection is a red herring because Parliament can give the UK workers better workers rights and have more environmental protection after our country leave the EU.

Edited by Lockdoctor