Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

56 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The backstop is the 5% that has been changed.  Boris has done exactly what he said he would do and got it removed.  

this version's worse...

(unless you're keen on Irish unification? - that's one favourable* way to view it I suppose)

(*the only favourable way)

Edited by ads36

5 minutes ago, ads36 said:

this version's worse...

(unless you're keen on Irish unification? - that's one way to view it I suppose)

Looking forward to Arlene & chums explaining to the UVF how they accidentally brought about a UI :D

Well, silver lining for Leavers: it will save the mainland the burden of finding public money, which by then it won't have, borrowing still more money on markets to keep NI on life support ;)

12 minutes ago, ads36 said:

this version's worse...

(unless you're keen on Irish unification? - that's one way to view it I suppose)

I am not personally bothered if Ireland eventually unifies.  The MPs had three opportunities to vote in favour of the Withdrawal Agreement containing a backstop and rejected it every time.  England, Wales and Scotland will not be stuck in any backstop with the new agreement. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that will have a land border with the EU and the Agreement on offer ensures an open border without any cameras or infrastructure there.   The DUP are justified in voting against the agreement because they are not seeking to prevent Brexit happening and accept the default no-deal legal position.   

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Brexit is nothing more than a way to attack the government.

It could be the greatest deal ever and they'd still vote against it.

Correct there are reports that Corbyn rejected the deal before it was even released and even if that’s not true he had virtually no time to study it.

He is just playing political games. 

7 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Correct there are reports that Corbyn rejected the deal before it was even released and even if that’s not true he had virtually no time to study it.

If Johnson had brought back a deal that entailed the EU paying the UK 350 million quid a week and granting any thing the UK desired, be assured Comrade Corbyn would STILL vote against it, and his acolytes would still back him.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Brexit is nothing more than a way to attack the government.

It could be the greatest deal ever and they'd still vote against it.

Having said that at least Mrs May's deal ensured that worker's rights and environmental protections were kept. Johnson's deal doesn't have those. I'm glad that Corbyn has spoken out against the proposal, and I sincerely hope that no Labour MP will vote in favour of it. 

Anyhow, the BBC managed at the end of the DailyPolitics to bring some humour to the show. Alastair Campbell (who looked ill to me) waxed lyrical about Bliar and Major making a film to tell us all that we are fools for having an opinion on leaving the EU that is different to theirs. A former PM who should be facing charges over an illegal war, and a former PM who prorogued Parliament himself, then blaming the current PM for doing the same. A pair of real jokers in your pack, and of course Campbell himself, yesterdays man with yesterdays ideas, he is well past his sell by date, his opinions are  less than worthless to joe public.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

There are reports that over ten Labour MPs will support the agreement now.  John Mann has publicly stated he will vote for the new agreement.

Yes, although no great surprise Mann will vote considering his track record.

Sarah Champion has also said she will vote for it.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Looking forward to Arlene & chums explaining to the UVF how they accidentally brought about a UI :D

Given the history behind the subject I wouldn't be surprised if they found themselves making an explanation to the barrel of a gun.

Edited by geared

41 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Having said that at least Mrs May's deal ensured that worker's rights and environmental protections were kept. Johnson's deal doesn't have those. I'm glad that Corbyn has spoken out against the proposal, and I sincerely hope that no Labour MP will vote in favour of it. 

At least Hoey and Mann will vote for the deal, based on past form.

Can't hardly wait to see how their constituents will reward them for it, in a few years' time :twisted:

7 minutes ago, geared said:

(...)

Given the history behind the subject I wouldn't be surprised if they found themselves making an explanation to the barrel of a gun.

Karma is a bitch, and where Brexit is concerned, by now there are galactic supplies of the stuff stored up, ready for delivery ;)

Edited by L00b

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

At least Hoey and Mann will vote for the deal, based on past form.

Mann is off to the House of Lords, his constituents can go swivel as far as he's concerned.

The BBC's view on the current voting numbers:

10976045-8242-4d65-8939-cff99a15f0c1.png

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

True as that deal has now changed but this new deal has this in place instead:

“The Parties should uphold the common high standards applicable in the Union and the United Kingdom at the end of the transition period in the areas of state aid, competition, social and employment standards, environment, climate change and relevant tax matters.”

Although the above is not binding in law it would be seen as a bold step to actually ignore those wishes and Corbyn cannot also guarantee that the above would not carry on being applied.

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

Saw  Chuka Umunna being interviewed on GMB this morning, (well he's hardly going to get a serious political grilling on Friday from Kate Garraway & the bloke from Tipping Point), & Umunna was going on about how it's a bad deal, yet nobody thought of the simple question of asking Umunna which parts, if any of the deal he'd actually read or why he seems privvy to seeing the deal so early, when it appears the majority of politicians had yet to see it. 

Umunna, (I can't decide which Party I want to belong to so I'll start my own), another Remainer politican whose got a whiff that he can rejuvenate Project Fear.  He even touted that line again that since the previous referendum, 2.5 million under 18's are now eligible to vote & they ALL want to remain.