Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

16 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

So Nigel  now supports the “surrender act” and an extension instead of his company’s ‘no deal’ manifesto, and you retweet him?

You don’t do irony by half, do you?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

So Nigel  now supports the “surrender act” and an extension instead of his company’s ‘no deal’ manifesto, and you retweet him?

You don’t do irony by half, do you?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not a Brexit Party supporter.  I retweeted him because he clearly believes there will be no extension from Junckers words.  Nigel Farage is a member of the European Parliament and is better placed than you to understand what's going on.

Edited by Lockdoctor

27 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You need to calm down. Take your anger out with the BBC and not me.  The BBC News are saying Juncker has ruled out another extension and he wouldn't support granting one if one was asked for.

You mean to say you are so lax you don't even fact check whats possible? I happen to know Juncker cannot do that - you might want to check matters before egg appears on face...

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Farage is ... better placed than you to understand what's going on.

And yet...

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You need to calm down. Take your anger out with the BBC and not me.  The BBC News are saying Juncker has ruled out another extension and he wouldn't support granting one if one was asked for.

He's not the only voice from the EU with an opinion on the matter though.

bvQDGbL.jpg

"Don't shoot the messenger"

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

There is absolutely no guarantee that either of those options would break the log jam at all. The only guaranteed way of breaking the log jam and moving forward is either no leave with a deal or leave on the 31st without a deal. 

The EU do not want a no deal exit so would rather give an extension as a better way of moving forward, especially if that facilitated another referendum which would at least  put an end to it.

19 minutes ago, geared said:

He's not the only voice from the EU with an opinion on the matter though.

bvQDGbL.jpg

"Don't shoot the messenger"

I haven't stated anything about individual countries agreeing to another extension. The BBC stated that off the record four countries told them that they would agree to grant another extension.  It only would take one country to refuse to grant another extension to stop one being given.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I'm not a Brexit Party supporter.  I retweeted him because he clearly believes there will be no extension from Junckers words.  Nigel Farage is a member of the European Parliament and is better placed than you to understand what's going on.

You are perfectly entitled to your beliefs about Mr Farage.

It doesn’t make your quoting him in support of your argument any less ridiculous.

I know Farage’s record as an MEP, as does anybody else who follows European politics and bothers to fact-check his record of attendance and voting at the European Parliament.

Clearly, you don’t, nor do you demonstrate any capacity to understand the irony of Farage’s tweet whatsoever. Must be nice to live in such blissful ignorance 😊

10 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Your selfish income rises and consumption are destroying the planet. Why don't you take a pay cut?

Why should I have a pay cut? If anything I deserve a higher rise. The minimum wage has increased at a rate far higher than mine. I deserve to have the parity between what I earn versus what a cleaner earns for example maintained. I am far higher qualified and my wage deserves recognition and sit appropriately in the top 5%. 

My consumption is not actually as bad as you think. All my energy is sourced from renewables for example. 

23 minutes ago, L00b said:

You are perfectly entitled to your beliefs about Mr Farage.

It doesn’t make your quoting him in support of your argument any less ridiculous.

I know Farage’s record as an MEP, as does anybody else who follows European politics and bothers to fact-check his record of attendance and voting at the European Parliament.

Clearly, you don’t, nor do you demonstrate any capacity to understand the irony of Farage’s tweet whatsoever. Must be nice to live in such blissful ignorance 😊

My argument is that Nigel Farage who is  a MEP interpreted Junckers comments as there will not be another extension to the 31st October deadline.   I'm not disputing the irony of Farage's tweet and did read the comments about his tweet in the twitter feed.   If I was unkind to you I would say that you only made a comment about the irony of Farage's tweet after reading the comments of Twitter uses made and you have no opinions of your own.

23 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I think one of the reasons people seem to ignore some warnings is because so called experts predicted massive economic trouble and job losses  straight after the referendum.

If the UK parliament throws this agreement back I think the EU will say no matter what we do it will not be good enough for you and wave goodbye.

Edited by hobinfoot

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

You say that, but he really doesn’t. Precedent has repeatedly shown that the EU will grant an extension to accommodate a democratic exercise be it a general election or referendum. You are just putting you head in the sand and ignoring everything you don’t want to hear.