Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, Obelix said:

I'm working in the NHS at the moment. I have the numbers right in front of me. The main group of people leaving the NHS employment are those who are here through the EU freedom of movement. They are six times more likely to leave at the moment than British or Irish nationals. This sstartedabout eight weeks after the referendum and is still ongoing. 

You can come up with your own spin on what you think the cause is.

This may interest you then. Perhaps you should download it,print it out and you can then compare it with whatever bogus report you got those numbers from. BTW where did you get those numbers from? A link to what you are reading would be handy.

https://www.health.org.uk/sites/default/files/upload/publications/2019/A Critical Moment_1.pdf

Edited by apelike

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Link S'il vous plaît.

ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019

Biggest Poll on Brexit since referendum

26,000 adults surveyed by ComRes across the UK

Results shows more than half (54%) of British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU, regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

More people’s preferred outcome is now for the UK to leave the European Union (50% v 42% remain).

However, when the “don’t knows” (of those expressing an opinion) are excluded, over half say their preferred outcome is for the UK to leave the EU (54%) compared to less than half who say their preferred outcome is for the UK to remain in the EU (46%)

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

17 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Was this country a dictatorship in the past when I wasn’t looking? Were we not a democracy previously? What was wrong with our implementation of democracy previously? What has changed now? Do we suddenly have a different voting process I am not aware of?

Yes, it's called ignoring a referendum result.

17 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

So by your own words, Leavers are generally right leaning, racist and xenophobic. 

Please feel free to use online dictionaries and other tools available, to ensure that you don't get the meaning of my words entirely wrong again.

6 hours ago, ads36 said:

EU research funding : there's been a  £400million PER YEAR drop in EU-to-UK research funding.

thanks a heap leavers. this is terrible news.

(which will only get worse)

So why should we stay then, if we are getting an increasingly terrible deal out of it?

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Not having a pop at all, it's something I've read and heard a few times before now. This country has traditionally liked a bit of certainty but since the brexit referendum large numbers of the population seem quite happy to ignore most if not all of the predictions for stormy economic times in favour of, well, who knows!

I should expand really. Leaving the EU makes doing business abroad harder. Fact. If it was corbyn leading brexit, you could say, "right, I can with a degree of certainty guess that he will start a programme of nationalizing everything". Can't do that with Boris.

Yes but Brexit is a long term investment.  Boris is just a stepping stone.

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

Does this mean that in future mass murderers, paedophiles, war criminals etc will be allowed to stand for office and dictate the governnance of the country?

Is this meant to be a joke?  Tell me, in living memory, how many PMs you can name that aren't at least one of the above?

2 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Initial analysis of the potential deal being hammered out is depressing reading. 

GDP forecast with Johnson’s deal is -2.5%. A no deal Brexit is -3.5%. This compares with May’s deal of -1.7%. What does this actually mean? Well, the majority of us will be poorer on average to the tune of £2000 per year. 

This sounds like something to look forward to. Means I need to work an extra week of overtime a year to make up for it. Thanks.

Why do you need to?

2 hours ago, Dardandec said:

They don't count because they are leave supporters. You could be the most prolific serial killer in the world but if you voted leave you would be a national hero. :rolleyes:

I see the standard of debating has tanked.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not having a tantrum. You should perhaps read more carefully.

What I’ve done, is to move my money elsewhere. I’m not alone, hundreds of thousands of us have moved pensions and other investments elsewhere. Welcome to the univestable  UK.

What a shame that is. A shame caused entirely by you and your fellow extremist Brexiters. 

There you go again with your 'extremist Brexiters'.  So, again, is it your opinion that all leavers are 'extremist Brexiters' because that's a hell of a lot of people?  

Are all Remainers extremists too?

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Why do you need to?

Well, I have a goal where I expect on average that my income rises by 3% ever year. So any adverse effects outside of my control I would like to offset. Doing an extra week of overtime is one way for me to do it. 

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

I see the standard of debating has tanked.

There you go again with your 'extremist Brexiters'.  So, again, is it your opinion that all leavers are 'extremist Brexiters' because that's a hell of a lot of people?  

Are all Remainers extremists too?

I’m not suggesting that all Brexiters are extremists.

I do think that passionately backing no deal is an extremist position, though.

Yes but Brexit is a long term investment. 

What's the payback?

So why should we stay then, if we are getting an increasingly terrible deal out of it?

(Massive sigh), there are many reasons why we're getting less research funding.

For 1 EU staff have left, we've lost people and skills that need to be in place to win funding. 

2 : a lot of this research is sensitive, there is IP to consider, we can't guarantee that post-brexit NDA's will be in place/ valid. We can't win these funding applications if the project will continue past the exit date.

3 : we're leaving, but still winning a lot of applications, thanks EU!

I could go on, but you won't listen.

Edited by ads36

Oops looks like those fine upstanding right wing bigots the DUP have put a block on bojos new deal, extension it is then

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

Well, I have a goal where I expect on average that my income rises by 3% ever year. So any adverse effects outside of my control I would like to offset. Doing an extra week of overtime is one way for me to do it. 

Your selfish income rises and consumption are destroying the planet. Why don't you take a pay cut?

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Oops looks like those fine upstanding right wing bigots the DUP have put a block on bojos new deal, extension it is then

The DUP are still working with Boris to get a deal.