Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

That's actually interesting because I can't understand, given the raft of additional information available, that you wouldn't give pause to a decision that could take decades to reverse. 

Hello, I am just one person who took part in the democratic 2016 referendum vote.  My personal choice was to remain in the EU but more people voted to leave the EU.  What am I doing wrong by accepting the decision the majority voted for?

43 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Boris Johnson has described his current talks with Brussels as like climbing the Hilary Step on Everest.

Has nobody told him that the Hilary Step no longer exists! 🤣😂🤣

That’s almost as funny as claiming that fusion is on the “verge” of being commercially viable. Johnson’s lies are idiotic. I dare anyone try to defend him on this point alone. 

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Hello, I am just one person who took part in the democratic 2016 referendum vote.  My personal choice was to remain in the EU but more people voted to leave the EU.  What am I doing wrong by accepting the decision the majority voted for?

Nothing wrong at all. The problem with you is that you are not accepting our sovereign Parliament’s right to due process that is enshrined in law. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

But it has been clearly explained that the premise that was promoted by both sides was flawed in facts (i.e. they both lied), so surely now we have a better understanding of the impact of the choice, there should be a confirmatory referendum based on what has/or might be agreed.

Anything other than this is anti-democratic.

There is also the fact that we have a confirmed liar, cheat, sexist and racist in charge and yet no-one has called him out.

Does this mean that in future mass murderers, paedophiles, war criminals etc will be allowed to stand for office and dictate the governnance of the country?

1 minute ago, Litotes said:

But it has been clearly explained that the premise that was promoted by both sides was flawed in facts (i.e. they both lied), so surely now we have a better understanding of the impact of the choice, there should be a confirmatory referendum based on what has/or might be agreed.

Anything other than this is anti-democratic.

He truly believes that lying is acceptable and ethical because he has never denounced the referendum as a whole as being carried out in the most unacceptable fashion. I think it speaks volumes about his morals and character. 

Initial analysis of the potential deal being hammered out is depressing reading. 

GDP forecast with Johnson’s deal is -2.5%. A no deal Brexit is -3.5%. This compares with May’s deal of -1.7%. What does this actually mean? Well, the majority of us will be poorer on average to the tune of £2000 per year. 

This sounds like something to look forward to. Means I need to work an extra week of overtime a year to make up for it. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Means I need to work an extra week of overtime a year to make up for it. Thanks.

Sod that, i'll just not pay as much tax, if any government thinks i'm paying for this turd when I didn't vote it can dream on.

40 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're not doing anything wrong - it's your choice - but you also shouldn't expect everyone to think the same way - people are allowed to change their minds, ask for more information, dissent, try to change things etc - that's a democracy.

Edited by Longcol

16 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

But what about Rees-Mogg and Johnson? Do they not count as rich tories?

They don't count because they are leave supporters. You could be the most prolific serial killer in the world but if you voted leave you would be a national hero. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Ah, so that's why the pound has tanked! :)

Not really. But you knew that ;)

5 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Please don't have a tantrum and throw your toys out of the pram because I don't treat your non democratic posts seriously. I don't comment about the prospects of investing in the UK because those discussions were debated and discussed before the democratic 2016 EU Referendum vote and have no relevance now because the decision has been made for our country to leave the EU by our own democratic people.

I’m not having a tantrum. You should perhaps read more carefully.

What I’ve done, is to move my money elsewhere. I’m not alone, hundreds of thousands of us have moved pensions and other investments elsewhere. Welcome to the univestable  UK.

What a shame that is. A shame caused entirely by you and your fellow extremist Brexiters. 

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Hello voter. You've not done anything wrong. 

Since the June 2016 referendum even more people now support Leaving, mainly because they have seen how the EU cartel punishes those who democratically express a desire to Leave.

54% of the UK now support Leave.

Just 46% support Remain. 

Edited by Car Boot

19 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Hello voter. You've not done anything wrong. 

Since the June 2016 referendum even more people now support Leaving, mainly because they have seen how the EU cartel punishes those who democratically express a desire to Leave.

54% of the UK now support Leave.

Just 46% support Remain. 

Link S'il vous plaît.