Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Brexit is becoming less and less likely to happen at the end of October.  

No Brexit deal tonight...... CONFIRMED.

52 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Brexit is becoming less and less likely to happen at the end of October.  

No Brexit deal tonight...... CONFIRMED.

If Brexit doesn't happen at the end of October then that is a bad thing because democracy will have been ruined in our country.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If Brexit doesn't happen at the end of October then that is a bad thing because democracy will have been ruined in our country.

It will be educational actually for people to understand how our sovereign country’s representative democracy works. 

6 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

It will be educational actually for people to understand how our sovereign country’s representative democracy works. 

Hilarious comment.  If our country's representative democratic MPs   had any respect for democracy then they wouldn't seek to block the will of the people who democratically chose to leave the EU.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Doc, if, and it's a big if...……….

We had another referendum , and remain won, would you accept the democratic view of the electorate.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Which was mitigated to a degree in two ways, one a big load of money injected via quatative easing and a load of startled EU nationals running for exit once they saw which way the wind was blowing, freeing up jobs (NHS is short of what, 40k staff for example).

The problems with NHS staffing has been going on since well before 2016 and in 2016 the NHS also underwent changes to its structure and funding which has warped the figures.For instance, people applying for nursing courses after the change was in place in 2017 were down but mainly attributed to the change in bursaries that happened in 2016 which meant they are now treated the same as students by having loans. The NHS losing staff because of Brexit is over hyped and not much of a reality when you look at the overall picture as there are many bits to the NHS and not just Nursing.

48 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

I agree as if a deal is not done then its another extension and we will leave on 31st Jan 2020 instead with or without one. At the moment we are just kicking that can further down the road and that is all.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

And you'll blame anybody except Boris Johnson, the ERG and the DUP.........................

Boris Johnson has described his current talks with Brussels as like climbing the Hilary Step on Everest.

Has nobody told him that the Hilary Step no longer exists! 🤣😂🤣

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

Doc, if, and it's a big if...……….

We had another referendum , and remain won, would you accept the democratic view of the electorate.

Personally if the MPs voted  to revoke Article 50  that would suit me and my family just fine. But I wouldn't be happy because I have friends and family who voted to leave the EU and I truly believe their wishes should be respected because they and like minded people were in the majority and were on the winning side.  I could walk down the road  tomorrow and see someone drop a £20 note and pick it up and put it in my wallet, but I would take  no enjoyment from spending the £20  because I would  know it would be dishonest to do so.  I personally don't understand why those who don't respect the democratic 2016 EU  referendum can live with themselves if they cheat 17.4 million of their own people out of their democratic wish.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Personally if the MPs voted  to revoke Article 50  that would suit me and my family just fine. But I wouldn't be happy because I have friends and family who voted to leave the EU and I truly believe their wishes should be respected because they and like minded people were in the majority and were on the winning side.  I could walk down the road  tomorrow and see someone drop a £20 note and pick it up and put it in my wallet, but I would take  no enjoyment from spending the £20  because I would  know it would be dishonest to do so.  I personally don't understand why those who don't respect the democratic 2016 EU  referendum can live with themselves if they cheat 17.4 million of their own people out of their democratic wish.

Fair do's....thanks for replying.

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

That's actually interesting because I can't understand, given the raft of additional information available, that you wouldn't give pause to a decision that could take decades to reverse. 

1 hour ago, apelike said:

The problems with NHS staffing has been going on since well before 2016 and in 2016 the NHS also underwent changes to its structure and funding which has warped the figures.For instance, people applying for nursing courses after the change was in place in 2017 were down but mainly attributed to the change in bursaries that happened in 2016 which meant they are now treated the same as students by having loans. The NHS losing staff because of Brexit is over hyped and not much of a reality when you look at the overall picture as there are many bits to the NHS and not just Nursing.

I agree as if a deal is not done then its another extension and we will leave on 31st Jan 2020 instead with or without one. At the moment we are just kicking that can further down the road and that is all.

I'm working in the NHS at the moment. I have the numbers right in front of me. The main group of people leaving the NHS employment are those who are here through the EU freedom of movement. They are six times more likely to leave at the moment than British or Irish nationals. This sstartedabout eight weeks after the referendum and is still ongoing. 

You can come up with your own spin on what you think the cause is.