Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

All Remainers are over three years too late. We are almost out. The EU has gone. Deal with it.

If Remainers had put half as much effort into winning the referendum as they do trying to overturn the democratic result then perhaps things would be very different. 

Any thoughts on the questions I asked you Mr. Boot?

Just a reminder-

How are the poorest and most vulnerable in our society going to be better off outside of our membership of the EU?
When are Turkey joining the EU?
Without entrepreneurs and capitalism how do we create wealth and jobs?

If you just make unfounded statements, no one will ever take you seriously.

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

All Remainers are over three years too late. We are almost out. The EU has gone. Deal with it.

Nope - Brexit is only the begining of a new relationship with the EU  - we've got years of negotiating new trade deals etc to come

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-cost-economy-deal-boris-johnson-withdrawal-agreement-nhs-a9157461.html

On 12/10/2019 at 09:56, Litotes said:

As applicable to Boris - when sober (?) he is confirmed racist, sexist, liar and cheat - what would he be like when he is drunk?

Totally agree.

7 hours ago, Car Boot said:

No. I mean David Cameron and George Osbourne.

Champions of UK EU membership and economic austerity for the poorest and most vulnerable.

You think that is going to change now?

Austerity is going to make a come back that can rival Take That. The economy is in absolutely no shape to reverse the spending cuts one iota. Even the current spending plans announced by the Tories isn’t credible because it is unaffordable as the borrowing required will exceed 2% of GDP.  

The majority of people didn’t listen completely when the Tories announced their grand spending plans. It was covered by a small but very significant caveat, “with our current economy”.

Our current economy is going to tank. World economic growth forecast for 2020 is set to be 3% because of the ongoing trade wars and new ones due to start. The last time 3% was seen was back in 2008. Remember what happened then? Do you think we are more likely to weather such a hit on the economy as a single nation with no significant trade agreements whatsoever or as a member of the worlds largest trading bloc?

8 hours ago, Car Boot said:

No. I mean David Cameron and George Osbourne.

Champions of UK EU membership and economic austerity for the poorest and most vulnerable.

But what about Rees-Mogg and Johnson? Do they not count as rich tories?

7 hours ago, Car Boot said:

If Remainers had put half as much effort into winning the referendum as they do trying to overturn the democratic result then perhaps things would be very different. 

How desperate are you?

You think the deal that is being hammered out now will get through Parliament? Sticking a border down the Irish Sea is acceptable now but was completely unacceptable before?

It is almost the equivalent of advocating a “one country, two systems” setup. Where have I seen this before?

7 hours ago, Dardandec said:

We won't be leaving on the 31'st, not without a deal.

He forgets that this country still has laws to follow. Telling that isn’t it?

On 13/10/2019 at 14:14, Pettytom said:

In which case, a second referendum will give a resounding victory for leave.

So, there is nothing to fear for you extremist Brexiteers.

Is it your opinion that all Brexiters are extremists?  If so, that's an awful lot of people.

Do you think, as our politicians and private citizens, (such as the organisation fronted by Gina Miller), have done everything possible to thwart Brexit, that Brexiters can even remotely trust that another resounding 'leave' would ever be reported as such?  

Ignoring, or insisting on a re-run of outcomes our politicians don't like, or the voting minority don't like, puts us, as a country, firmly in Mugabe territory.  Another leave answer would simply not be tolerated.  All faith in the democratic process in this country has been lost already.

On 13/10/2019 at 19:52, ads36 said:

If we're going to run with this analogy...

We were told that the prize would be a huge amount of money, and limitless new possibilities.

You tell me, what are we winning?

The country's trust back in our democratic process.  

More of our citizens feeling that they actually do have a stake in our democratic process and that their voice matters.

33 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

The country's trust back in our democratic process.  

More of our citizens feeling that they actually do have a stake in our democratic process and that their voice matters.

Was this country a dictatorship in the past when I wasn’t looking? Were we not a democracy previously? What was wrong with our implementation of democracy previously? What has changed now? Do we suddenly have a different voting process I am not aware of?

On 13/10/2019 at 20:14, Litotes said:

No it isn't, it is about being able to change your minds before the first thing is enacted...

After all, when you start to drive to a destination, and then change your mind, do you have to complete the first trip, before detouring to the second - of course not, you can change you mind midway.

When the majority of the country didn't vote for the Suicide (P)Act (Aka Brexit) - and there is no way you can argue against those figures (unless you are totally anti-democratic), then surely there must be a confirmatory vote.

Anything else put democracy toi the sword (in a way that even Boris might blush at).

If we go back to the 1975 question " Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)? " then it could also be argued that that " democratic exercise has not been completed yet so it should go its full course ".

Care to wriggle out of that one...

Where were you, when in election after election, we have suffered a government that the majority of the country didn't vote for?  

Our turn out in elections is shameful.

And then, in our biggest ever turnout, those that have never felt their voice mattered, were suddenly feeling that it did matter.

Never in my life have I seen and heard such passion for politics before the referendum woke up so many, leavers and remainers alike.  

Of course, it would suit some remainers on here, if all those people who voted for the first time in the referendum felt too disenfranchised that they never voted again.  Especially those that are so extreme, they are even publicly wishing swathes of the population dead, and even celebrating the fact that a percentage of our elderly population have died since the vote.  It's incredible.

However, judging by the strength of feeling there is now, if Brexit isn't delivered, I can see a massive surge to the right, rather than people going back to their disinterested slumber.

39 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Where were you, when in election after election, we have suffered a government that the majority of the country didn't vote for?  

Our turn out in elections is shameful.

And then, in our biggest ever turnout, those that have never felt their voice mattered, were suddenly feeling that it did matter.

Never in my life have I seen and heard such passion for politics before the referendum woke up so many, leavers and remainers alike.  

Of course, it would suit some remainers on here, if all those people who voted for the first time in the referendum felt too disenfranchised that they never voted again.  Especially those that are so extreme, they are even publicly wishing swathes of the population dead, and even celebrating the fact that a percentage of our elderly population have died since the vote.  It's incredible.

However, judging by the strength of feeling there is now, if Brexit isn't delivered, I can see a massive surge to the right, rather than people going back to their disinterested slumber.

So by your own words, Leavers are generally right leaning, racist and xenophobic. 

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

Is it your opinion that all Brexiters are extremists?  If so, that's an awful lot of people.

Do you think, as our politicians and private citizens, (such as the organisation fronted by Gina Miller), have done everything possible to thwart Brexit, that Brexiters can even remotely trust that another resounding 'leave' would ever be reported as such?  

Ignoring, or insisting on a re-run of outcomes our politicians don't like, or the voting minority don't like, puts us, as a country, firmly in Mugabe territory.  Another leave answer would simply not be tolerated.  All faith in the democratic process in this country has been lost already.

Jo Swinson the Lib Dems leader said on Sky News this morning that the Scottish Independent Referendum result should be respected and there is no justification for another Scottish Independence Referendum.  BUT she doesn't say the same about the 2016 EU Referendum result and supports another EU Referendum with Remain  on the ballot paper because she doesn't like the 2016 result.   I think Jo Swinson will make a good cherry-picker when she doesn't become Prime Minister after the next General Election.