Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/107171/pro-remain-mps-plot-fresh-vote-second-referendum-during

Senior Labour figures said it was “conceivable” that the party would pursue attaching a confirmatory referendum to any new withdrawal agreement while also pushing for a general election.

But, you implied that Boris is seeking a confirmatory referendum which simply isn't true.  Just a reminder of what you wrote below. 

Looks like Boris will propose the break up of the UK (by putting in a customs border in the Irish Sea) , and then link any deal to a confirmatory referendum which means we won't be out by the 31st - hope he's got his ditch picked out...

Boris is seeking to do exactly what he stated he would do before he became Prime Minister and that is to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result on 31st October.

21 hours ago, Padders said:

I think it's time we asked for an extension to April 1st.

2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 - 2030, 2031 and on and on Ad Infinitum I suppose.

Angel1

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/107171/pro-remain-mps-plot-fresh-vote-second-referendum-during

Senior Labour figures said it was “conceivable” that the party would pursue attaching a confirmatory referendum to any new withdrawal agreement while also pushing for a general election.

And Hilary Ben says otherwise.

Quote: "This is an opportunity - if we can get a majority, and that is a big if - for Parliament to say we can find a way forward, a confirmatory referendum is the way to do it, let's go and ask the British people finally to take the decision." 

Not so clear cut now is it, and seems to be just the usual remainer wishful thinking. 

15 hours ago, apelike said:

Good god, you won't get far with saying that on SF as most remainers here and in the media think the leave voter voted leave because they are racist, xenophobic and thick. Oh and because of bendy bananas, blue passports and unicorns obviously goes without saying.  It was more of a political statement by the poor against the elite than any of the above.

Stop talking common sense immediately, you will give our REMAINERS a dose of the vapours.  The truth is awfully painful to them.

Angel1.

Reading today that police forces are considering cancelling police leave on 31/10/19.

A combination of Brexit & Holloween.  Sky falling in; WWIII breaking out; human sacrifices in the streets? 

Better pray for rain then! 

Edited by Baron99

Still waiting for evidence that brexit is going to benefit the UK ...

Been waiting since 2016...

No evidence just hot air...

Albert - talking sense to the beleavers doesn't work...

Just look at the lies they believed when the were led up the garden path...

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davies

Brexit will be the 'easiest deal in human history' - Liam Fox

And yet - they won't let the electorate change their minds now they see what the Suicide Act will bring them.

And how many trade deals have we got lined up?

They don't know what they are talking about but just keep shouting in support of this lying, cheating sexist racist boozer...

1413244625415_wps_3_LONDON_MAYOR_BORIS_J

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Stop talking common sense immediately, you will give our REMAINERS a dose of the vapours.  The truth is awfully painful to them.

Angel1.

Wait a minute, none of the reasons you and your friend and relatives  gave mentioned the reason apelike gave. 

You said there are many different reasons but now only a no deal will work? Do you get people to help you lift those goalposts or are they on wheels?

2 hours ago, Litotes said:

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davies

I agree but we will have to wait just like in any GE to have the result carried out first and then have another vote.

2 hours ago, Litotes said:

And yet - they won't let the electorate change their minds now they see what the Suicide Act will bring them.

Who wont?.. Oh yes its parliament who are our sovereign body that make the rules and represents us but somehow that sovereignty now does not count. Its seems you only like democracy when it suits you and goes your way, and if I am not mistaken you didn't even take part in it like several on here who complain. Better stock up on tissues now ready for the day because they may get scarce with all the remainers buying them.

9 hours ago, apelike said:

To try and force a change in politics in a static complacent government and parliament.

My personal trainer say's I need some physio on my right foot, but I have decided to shoot it instead, that will show him. 

33 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

My personal trainer say's I need some physio on my right foot, but I have decided to shoot it instead, that will show him. 

Hop it! 😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

Anyone heard the rumour about the gunpowder plot involving the referendum losers. No prizes for guessing the day. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by AlAN J