Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

24 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Demonising Putin when it was the West that provoked the Ukraine crisis

"And still scarcely reported here have been the billions of dollars and euros the West has been more or less secretively pouring into Ukraine to promote the cause: not just to prop up its bankrupt government and banking system, but to fund scores of bogus “pro-European” groups making up what the EU calls “civil society”.

When the European Commission told a journalist that, between 2004 and 2013, these groups had only been given €31 million, my co-author Richard North was soon reporting on his EU Referendum blog that the true figure, shown on the commission’s own “Financial Transparency” website, was €496 million."

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/action-a-events/national-events/1298-fri-25-may-stop-the-war-cultural-event-dont-attack-iran-performers-include-mark-rylance-and-tony-benn

The EU dangerously provoked the conflict in Ukraine due to its reckless and remorseless drive for expansion. Now the EU has designs on becoming an Empire possessing cutting edge weapons of mass destruction, it's propaganda war will only intensify.

The was an interesting News item last night about the fall of the Berlin War and former Soviet military bases in East Germany.  The last Russian  General to leave former East Germany  made a valid point that the US and UK still have military bases in Germany while Russia who made a big effort to help defeat Germany in World War II don't have any presence today.  The expansion of the EU to the East and borders of Russia hasn't helped to improve relations between Russia and the West.

Edited by Lockdoctor

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The expansion of the EU to the East and borders of Russia hasn't helped to improve relations between Russia and the West.

Former Soviet-run states had a choice between the EU and Russia.

Surprise, surprise they chose the EU. Deal with it!

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Former Soviet-run states had a choice between the EU and Russia.

Surprise, surprise they chose the EU. Deal with it!

I don't need to deal with anything because I respect the democratic 2016 EU referendum vote despite that it wasn't what I personally voted for. The people who have problems are those who can't deal with a democratic choice that didn't go their way and support every dreamed up  excuse under the sun to justify cheating 17.4 million of their own people out of their democratic wish.

Regarding the Soviet Union/Russia I will mention the Cuban Missile crisis in 1962 when the USA quite correctly were not happy about Soviet Missiles being based on their door step. The Russians have every right to be worried today about the closeness of Western controlled missiles being based on their own door step due to the expansion of the EU.

I think it's time we asked for an extension to April 1st.

I think it's time we got the hell out. 

33 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I think it's time we got the hell out. 

It's all looking good now that we will be out on 31st October.  It's time  for our country to move on and give other issues the serious attention they deserve.

30 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's all looking good now that we will be out on 31st October.  It's time  for our country to move on and give other issues the serious attention they deserve.

In view of previous twists and turns let’s just wait and see.

If Boris is hatching a deal that can get past the EU and Parliament it will be interesting to see the detail.

The other issues do deserve serious attention,but this would only be the start of the real Brexit  business of safeguarding our interests in the brave new world.

The trouble is that you can't trust Boris.

He is a proven liar, cheat, sexist, racist - why should we believe him now?

Extension - referendum - election - rejection of Boris...

Nirvana

It seems most Brexiteers on here are more concerned with imaginary consequences of remaining  rather than the real consequences of Brexit. They've certainly posted more about non-existent conscription etc than the real consequences eg job losses.

Cummings was right  - Brexit supporters swallowed his lies about Turkey and the NHS hook line and sinker.

Edited by Longcol

18 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

The trouble is, the  'experts' wheeled out in the media usually have an axe to grind.

It's far too big a thing to call.  In the end, in or out is a leap of faith.  As nobody knows how this is going to play out in the long term.  And, I believe we have to look beyond immediate hardships.  Especially now, as I think the personalities involved at the moment are simply not really that nice.  It's a lot easier for us to get rid of a UK bad egg, than it is for us to get rid of another country's bad egg.  And frankly, how hard it is proving to leave this club rings alarm bells.

I'm referring to the ones that appeared on our TV screens.  At first we were shown them being rounded up and taken away bruised, beaten and frightened to death on buses.  Then, a couple of weeks later, the horrific images I previously described started to emerge.  

Surely 'in' is not a leap of faith. We know what it means.

We can still come out in the future if we cannot influence while being 'in' - it is just we have never been bothered to do so.

Staying in  after the brexit vote really gives the EU a wake up call.

Going out - does nothing.

Brexiteers are like the drunk outside the party they have left. You ignore them - the troublemaker inside the house, you pay attention to!

The difficulty of leaving the house is because half the people want to stay in the party and the drunks that want to leave have no clear reason to do so, except they can go and urinate in the hedge outside while shouting at the stars.

5 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Surely 'in' is not a leap of faith. We know what it means.

We can still come out in the future if we cannot influence while being 'in' - it is just we have never been bothered to do so.

Staying in  after the brexit vote really gives the EU a wake up call.

Going out - does nothing.

Brexiteers are like the drunk outside the party they have left. You ignore them - the troublemaker inside the house, you pay attention to!

The difficulty of leaving the house is because half the people want to stay in the party and the drunks that want to leave have no clear reason to do so, except they can go and urinate in the hedge outside while shouting at the stars.

The EU knew that Cameron had promised a referendum. He went to them, with that knowledge, cap in hand, and they gave him nothing.  They could have headed this situation off, but they thought they were untouchable and that it would never come to this.

Loving your 'drunk' at the party analogy though.  Especially in the light of Juncker's displays.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Hear hear.

When the sky doesn't fall in after we have left the EU people will just go on with their normal lives and forget this storm in a tea cup ever happened. EU membership will become just a fading memory and we will all wonder why the establishment attached such importance to being part of a gravy train trading bloc.