Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Support for a no deal Brexit is wavering even among Tory MPs. At least 50 Tory MPs are set to revolt against a manifesto pledge that supports a no deal Brexit. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - More than 4 billion euros (3.57 billion pounds)of European Union funds were misspent last year, EU auditors estimated in a report released on Tuesday, which highlighted poor checks in receiving states on how the bloc's funds are invested.

https://bywire.news/articles/billions-of-euros-of-eu-funds-misspent-last-year-auditors

Let's not give the EU trading bloc any more of our hard earned money. Let's Leave without a deal because that's the only type of deal we can get.

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

Farmers are feeling betrayed after it was announced that 88% of imports will be allowed into the country without import taxes for a year on Brexit. 

Saw some interesting interviews with farmers in Northern Ireland who are not a bit happy. Given that the overwhelming number of farmers there are Unionists, I can see support for the DUP falling.

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - More than 4 billion euros (3.57 billion pounds)of European Union funds were misspent last year, EU auditors estimated in a report released on Tuesday, which highlighted poor checks in receiving states on how the bloc's funds are invested.

https://bywire.news/articles/billions-of-euros-of-eu-funds-misspent-last-year-auditors

Let's not give the EU trading bloc any more of our hard earned money. Let's Leave without a deal because that's the only type of deal we can get.

The government alone spent £222bn on welfare and benefits. Can I ask for a reduction in my hard earned tax bill for people who aren’t pulling their weight? Why should my hard earned money be spent on people who don’t deserve it?

Just using your logic @Car Boot

Edited by Albert the Cat

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Brexiteers are definitely losing the plot as we get nearer to October 31st. 😳😱😵

I reckon some people’s heads will explode when we don’t leave. 

I’m voted to remain but I believe the EU has used every chance to sh*t on the UK.

12 hours ago, Pettytom said:

That’s the most sense you’ve ever spoken 

I’m glad to see your support for the EU is total and that they can do no wrong. Good on you.

18 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I believe the EU has used every chance to sh*t on the UK.

evidence?

'every chance' ... ?

including when they quickly agreed to every request to an extension.

including when they quickly approved the withdrawal agreement, that we wrote.

we said we're leaving, they said ok, every time we asked for something, they said yes, and quickly. How much more do you want from them?

more than 3 years after the referendum, we still can't decide what kind of future relationship we want.

Edited by ads36

48 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I’m voted to remain but I believe the EU has used every chance to sh*t on the UK.

Meanwhile in the real world, the EU has not only been incredibly patient with us but has spent € billions as a consequence of our collective foolishness.

Something I think we already knew.  Every time Boris or his pals on telly said "we'll use technology", I thought 'bullcrap'.

Solution to Irish border requires data and tech not yet available, MPs told

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/08/virtual_irish_border_requires_data_and_tech_not_yet_available_mps_told/

4 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Something I think we already knew. 

In 2018, Channel Four News interviewed the two leading researchers in this field. They both agreed that not only is the technology around ten years away, but because of the sheer amount of customs revenue being processed through this system, it would need to be beta tested for upwards of a further two years before HMRC and Revenue.ie would be able to have it go live. Part of this beta testing would involve extensive checks on goods at the border to verify that the e-tracking of goods corresponds to what is actually in the backs of trucks.

During the Tory leadership campaign both Johnson and Gove repeatedly told us a technological solution to the backstop was already in existence. Can I remind Leave supporters that Johnson is lying to you as well as rest of the UK.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Meanwhile in the real world, the EU has not only been incredibly patient with us but has spent € billions as a consequence of our collective foolishness.

“J’aurais réussi ma mission si, à la fin, le deal est tellement dur pour les Britanniques qu’ils préféront rester dans l’Union.”

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, 2016.

English translation:  “I’ll have done my job if, in the end, the deal is so tough on the British that they’d prefer to stay in the EU”.

A deal with the EU has never been possible. No Deal Brexit is the only possible way forward. 

Let's do this!

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

A deal with the EU has never been possible.

apart from the one we already had/still have.

apart from the one that we wrote, and they approved.

apart from the canada/norway style deal that we'll be asking for on November 1st.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Let's do this!

it would really help if anybody had even a vague notion of what 'this' was...

Edited by ads36

4 minutes ago, ads36 said:

apart from the one that we wrote, and they approved.

If a deal was possible we would have had one by now.

Conclusion: No Deal is possible. Leave the EU without a deal.

Edited by Car Boot