Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

22 minutes ago, Earthling said:

If we end up staying in the EU I don't want my two children ending up having to do "national" service for an EU army which apparently is being mooted.

Hahaha hahaha.

Awesome.

22 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm almost certain that the UK would get an opt out from its citizens doing national service, if we satyed.

The UK do have a veto but there is no guarantee the Government of the day will use the veto. The UK Government didn't use their veto to block the The Maastricht Treaty or The Lisbon treaty. If the UK Government had used their veto to block those treaties then most likely there would never have been an EU Referendum like what happened in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The UK do have a veto but there is no guarantee the Government of the day will use the veto. The UK Government didn't use their veto to block the The Maastricht Treaty or The Lisbon treaty. If the UK Government had used their veto to block those treaties then most likely there would never have been an EU Referendum like what happened in 2016.

So, like freedom of movement, you have a problem with how our democratically elected government,  elected democratically do things, not the EU.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The government, once we leave the EU could bring in conscription. In fact they could bring it in tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, Earthling said:

If we end up staying in the EU I don't want my two children ending up having to do "national" service for an EU army which apparently is being mooted.

It's statements like this that makes me think we should never have a referendum ever again :(

7 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

It's statements like this that makes me think we should never have a referendum ever again :(

Somehow I don't think we will after the mess parliament have made of having one.

27 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

so in other words its our democratically elected government that is the issue NOT the EU, thankyou for admitting it ;)

19 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So, like freedom of movement, you have a problem with how our democratically elected government,  elected democratically do things, not the EU.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The government, once we leave the EU could bring in conscription. In fact they could bring it in tomorrow.

As I stated on my post that has been deleted there is a big difference from conscription to the  British Army that represents  the UK's interests to an EU Army that represents the interests of 28 countries.

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Can those saying that the peace process in Ireland is being used as an excuse to stop Brexit have a look at some of the recent events in Glasgow.

Glasgow has always been a microcosm of the situation in Ireland and sectarian tensions in the city usually mirror the situation across the sea.

“Five Glasgow marches banned over sectarian disorder fears”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661504

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so in other words its our democratically elected government that is the issue NOT the EU, thankyou for admitting it ;)

I've not admitted anything. The point is that a veto is only any use if the Government of the day are prepared to use it.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

I've not admitted anything. The point is that a veto is only any use if the Government of the day are prepared to use it.

which is OUR fault, NOT the EUs