Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, apelike said:

That was a load of tosh without much evidence at all to back it up just a few suspect clips.

That has not materialised otherwise it would be on the front pages of the news.

It isn't in the main tabloid press because they are all pro leave papers, and they don't  print anything negative about leaving the EU.

1 minute ago, Manlinose said:

But surely, the EU will only agree to an extension of they think there is a point to it?

The point would be a general election or a second referendum.

Brussels knows that the situation in the UK parliament is in stalemate and it will take a seismic shift to unblock the log jam.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Yes really....

In fact for the last month EU officials have been telling us repeatedly that they have seen no proposals whatsoever.

And they wont as they have refused to accept a request for talks two weeks before the EU summit to discuss anything saying there is no basis for discussions. 

(and he lied to the queen about the reasons for proroguing Parliament)

He didn't lie to the Queen or Parliament and no such judgement by the supreme court states that he did.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

No, just like the first referendum its not up to them anyway as its the government and parliament that make that decision. 

At least we agree on something. The problem is that the Government is currently controlled by those who are happy to leave without a deal and would never propose another referendum, and Parliament struggles to decide anything constructive. 

4 minutes ago, Manlinose said:

But surely, the EU will only agree to an extension of they think there is a point to it?

It's beneficial all round, if they don't that's the end of it. That's why Mr Johnson was desperate for a veto.

3 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

It isn't in the main tabloid press because they are all pro leave papers, and they don't  print anything negative about leaving the EU.

That's a joke right? Well it certainly was and it was also reported on the news when it was first reported and I posted links to it before on the other brexit threads.

Here is one:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/09/lack-of-migrant-workers-left-food-rotting-in-uk-fields-last-year-data-reveals

Notice any shortages because of rotting food?

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The point would be a general election or a second referendum.

Brussels knows that the situation in the UK parliament is in stalemate and it will take a seismic shift to unblock the log jam.

There would only be a point if the EU believed a General Election would change anything. 

I doubt it would and I doubt the EU believes it would

You are right, it would take a seismic shift to change anything, but I'm not convinced a General Election would be seismic and, although I believe another referendum would produce a different result (for various reasons, but primarily because I believe more people who think we are better off remaining, didn't vote in the last referendum than those who think we are better off leaving, and many thousands of younger people who weren't old enough to vote last time are now, and generally, the younger generation are more pro EU, although it is notoriously difficult to get the young uns to vote) I'm struggling to see any prospect of it happening

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

That's a joke right? Well it certainly was and it was also reported on the news when it was first reported and I posted links to it before on the other brexit threads.

Here is one:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/09/lack-of-migrant-workers-left-food-rotting-in-uk-fields-last-year-data-reveals

Notice any shortages because of rotting food?

You found one, well done, award yourself a Noddy badge.

21 minutes ago, Manlinose said:

I doubt it would and I doubt the EU believes it would

A general election will either produce a Leave government or a Remain coalition.

47 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

You found one, well done, award yourself a Noddy badge.

Plenty of others out there. If you have ever heard of google I'd give it a try if I was you....;) 

Edited by apelike

According to latest reports Boris believes his deal if rejected by thevEU will circumvent the Benn law and allow a no deal exit on 31st

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

Plenty of others out there. If you have ever heard of google I'd give it a try if I was you....;) 

It's ok, if I want any fake EU storys, I know where to come. ;)