Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

25 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

As long as we leave the EU hell on 31st October, i dont care how it is done.  Hopefully a No Deal exit. 

So England should stay in the EU just to keep the peace in Belfast ? No chance. 

What good can come of it?

Are you really Ok about a return to armed conflict in order to satisfy your bloated ego and nationalist bs?

Edited by Halibut

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

As long as we leave the EU hell on 31st October, i dont care how it is done.  Hopefully a No Deal exit. 

What a nice nationalistic opinion you have.

Never mind that more people in the UK didn't vote for the Suicide (P)Act (aka Brexit) than did - but you, in your little insular kingdom, in which you are a prince, are happy to see the rest of the UK thrown under a bus - this exemplifies the mentality of the Brexiteers. - "I'm alright, Jacques" eh?

There is only one way out of this madness that makes any democratic sense - allow the electorate to have a referendum now that the true impact of Brexit is known.

But the lying, cheating, sexist, racist bully that is the PM won't allow us to be heard - "Stalin, Boris salutes you"

Edited by Litotes

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

But the lying, cheating, sexist, racist bully that is the PM won't allow us to be heard - "Stalin, Boris salutes you"

I think you will find that its the MP's in parliament that are doing that as its they that have the power to revoke A50 and hold another referendum, but will they.... not a chance!

BTW what's this about more people in the UK didn't vote for brexit... OK sorry, I forgot you also include babies in those figures!

Edited by apelike

10 hours ago, Delayed said:

I've been reading the various brexit threads for a while and schadenfreude works both ways.  I'd be wary about the obvious delight you are getting from the UK's current political crisis

I promised SF a Himalaya of Schadenfreude about Brexit over 2 years ago, that I'd be rubbing Leaver noses in this mess of their own making, and your government and political class are clearly engaged in a never-ending race to supply me with material daily. This, from yesterday:

Can this crassness be topped? Well the world and I have been asking ourselves that question daily for years now, and daily the UK political class continues to deliver :thumbsup:

Schadenfreude can certainly work both ways. However on the evidence of the past 3 years, and particularly the past few weeks with Johnson in no.10, I'm really curious about what on earth could the UK base any Schadenfreude of its own.

Sure, the UK leaving at the end of the month is going to hurt everyone across the EU28. The EU has long and very openly acknowledged it. But no country is going to be more hurt than the UK, which moreover is least prepared for it socio-economically (nor for a global economic crisis which threatens in the background, and which actual Brexit could well trigger), by an intergalactic mile. So if that's the logic under which the UK would dish some Schadenfreude of its own, its idiocy is only worth pitying.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, L00b said:

I promised SF a Himalaya of Schadenfreude about Brexit over 2 years ago, that I'd be rubbing Leaver noses in this mess of their own making, and your government and political class are clearly engaged in a never-ending race to supply me with material daily. This, from yesterday:

Can this crassness be topped? Well the world and I have been asking ourselves that question daily for years now, and daily the UK political class continues to deliver :thumbsup:

Schadenfreude can certainly work both ways. However on the evidence of the past 3 years, and particularly the past few weeks with Johnson in no.10, I'm really curious about what on earth could the UK base any Schadenfreude of its own.

Sure, the UK leaving at the end of the month is going to hurt everyone across the EU28. The EU has long and very openly acknowledged it. But no country is going to be more hurt than the UK, which moreover is least prepared for it socio-economically (nor for a global economic crisis which threatens in the background, and which actual Brexit could well trigger), by an intergalactic mile. So if that's the logic under which the UK would dish some Schadenfreude of its own, its idiocy is only worth pitying.

I remember your promise to do just that two years ago and you've kept it. Keep it going

Brexit has been rumbling on for over 3 years now. Let's just get it over and done with. Most people are sick of the EU paradise and won't miss it when it's gone.

11 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

You do realise that if  violence from dissident republicans  spreads from the border area all the way up to Belfast then the next obvious  target for them will be London and other major cities on the mainland . Having  been at Heathrow Airport  during  and IRA mortar attack I don't relish a  return to that.

49 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Brexit has been rumbling on for over 3 years now. Let's just get it over and done with. Most people are sick of the EU paradise and won't miss it when it's gone.

How can you be sick of the EU if it’s paradise? 

20 minutes ago, WalkleyIan said:

You do realise that if  violence from dissident republicans  spreads from the border area all the way up to Belfast then the next obvious  target for them will be London and other major cities on the mainland . Having  been at Heathrow Airport  during  and IRA mortar attack I don't relish a  return to that.

He hasn’t got a clue Ian. Maybe we should have a crowdfund for Penistone and send him to Belfast for a few days holiday, I’ll buy him a Rangers shirt which he can wear on a walk up the Falls Road.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Brexit, if it happens, will just be the start. There won't be a clean break but years of negotiation on trade deals and other agreements.

Get Brexit Done may be a nice electioneering slogan, but it is far from the reality.

28 minutes ago, stifflersmom said:

Brexit, if it happens, will just be the start. There won't be a clean break but years of negotiation on trade deals and other agreements.

Get Brexit Done may be a nice electioneering slogan, but it is far from the reality.

This^^^^

It's a start of a decade long mess where nothing gets done. 

29 minutes ago, stifflersmom said:

Correct.

And as each day goes by we are losing more and more goodwill with the EU due to the antics of our "government".