Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

That is hilarious because I am a honest poster I have only highlighted  a part of your comedic scribble.  Let's move  the conservation on and look at the current problems that exist in the whole of the UK which include Northern Ireland where like the whole of the UK they have a drugs problem.  CCTV cameras throughout the UK have been a good weapon against drug dealers. Why does any poster who respects law and order think unlike the rest of the UK the border area  of Northern Ireland should be exempt from normal CCTV operations which happen in every area of the UK?

Let’s not move it on just yet. 

Let’s ask you what it is that you find hilarious about possibly re-igniting the troubles.

Not long now to a full, clean Brexit. Our once in a lifetime EU referendum which delivered a clear majority for Leave will give the people what they voted for. Remainers can have another referendum in 2057.

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Not long now to a full, clean Brexit. Our once in a lifetime EU referendum which delivered a clear majority for Leave will give the people what they voted for. Remainers can have another referendum in 2057.

And in the real world, what about the recent interview with lord snooty saying that we (ie:- businesses and the rich) Will be able to reign in and lower standards, including maybe to standards like in India? Like working standards, environmental standards, goods standards etc, you're happy to champion a very slippery slope, and it's not an upwards trajectory

When Boris Johnson described his long-awaited proposals for changes to the Brexit withdrawal treaty as a compromise, he was not wrong. Two questions arise, however. What is being compromised? And who is Johnson compromising with?

The answer to the second is obvious: the proposals are a compromise, not with the EU, but with the DUP. And what is being compromised is the credibility of the UK as a partner in any international negotiations.

Though the EU and the Irish government are too polite to say so directly, Johnson’s plan destroys any remaining sense that the current regime in London is capable of sticking even to its own self-declared principles.

Fintan O'Toole, today's Irish Times

Some well-deserved tough talking, there: you really are circling the drain of international credibility.

To the surprise of absolutely no one paying attention, the EU has knocked Boris' take-it-or-leave-it deal on the head tonight.

Meanwhile, Boris continues to lie through his back teeth at the despatch box in your collective faces, unchallenged and unopposed, whilst Rees-Mogg is rehearsing his lines before going back to ask Lizzie to prorogue Parliament again, as if the last few weeks never happened.

The absolute state of you :lol:

Edited by L00b

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

The reason that N. Ireland isn’t a bandit area is because we have the GFA.

But... the GFA agreement only mentions a border once and then fleetingly. The problems before have been mitigated by the GFA because of the dismantling of the security installations, the lookout towers and reinforced police compounds, amongst other things, that led to the people being checked and controlled. The GFA was mainly about dismantling those and also for closer co-operation with the South, so its is not necessary to have any of that border infrastructure reinstated as there can still be an open border for people. Notice I said people because that was the problem and its the people that have also benefited especially the young because of the billions in Euros that has been pumped into NI. The border problems are mainly about trade and lie with EU with its customs control for goods, to enable that the correct taxes are levied and that products, livestock, pharma and other items are also subject to safety standards and comply to EU law. 

I also think the idea that there will be the possibility of re-igniting the troubles because there will be a trade borders hilarious, and a bit far fetched.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Meanwhile, Boris continues to lie through his back teeth at the despatch box in your collective faces, unchallenged and unopposed, whilst Rees-Mogg is rehearsing his lines before going back to ask Lizzie to prorogue Parliament again, as if the last few weeks never happened.

Judging by the turnout in parliament today I don't think proroguing for 5 weeks would have made much difference anyway. A brexit debate with about 40 MP's present, unless that what you meant by unchallenged and unopposed.

Edited by apelike

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris is doing exactly what he stated he would do before he became Prime Minister.  On the news today the pundits stated if Parliament ever do get a vote on the proposals put forward by Boris then it will have a good chance of getting the support of Parliament. He has more support than Theresa May ever did.

He is doing what he and Cummings always intended doing.

He is not doing what he stated he would do which was to leave with a negotiated deal.

Does this surprise anyone?I would doubt it.

49 minutes ago, apelike said:

Judging by the turnout in parliament today I don't think proroguing for 5 weeks would have made much difference anyway. A brexit debate with about 40 MP's present, unless that what you meant by unchallenged and unopposed.

Spoken like a true democrat.

Now there's a way for you to start getting those £350m back: sack your MPs and do without GEs altogether :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Some well-deserved tough talking, there: you really are circling the drain of international credibility.

I've been reading the various brexit threads for a while and schadenfreude works both ways.  I'd be wary about the obvious delight you are getting from the UK's current political crisis

29 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I've been reading the various brexit threads for a while and schadenfreude works both ways.  I'd be wary about the obvious delight you are getting from the UK's current political crisis

There’s only one Brexit thread on here, it’s that long we’re on part 8.

3 hours ago, L00b said:

To the surprise of absolutely no one paying attention, the EU has knocked Boris' take-it-or-leave-it deal on the head tonight.

As long as we leave the EU hell on 31st October, i dont care how it is done.  Hopefully a No Deal exit. 

8 hours ago, Obelix said:

Really?

You think it's worth throwing 30 years of the Troubles under Bojo's bus acceptable and having a return to all that? You think thats acceptable for your wet dream of leaving the EU?

Contemptible. Utterly despicable. I've been shot at for being in the wrong place in Belfast in the past. Freinds of mine died and you think that is something to be brushed aside.

You disgust me.

So England should stay in the EU just to keep the peace in Belfast ? No chance. 

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

There’s only one Brexit thread on here, it’s that long we’re on part 8.

Yes I was referring to the many versions over the years