Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I care because I respect democracy.

Seems to me you only care about the parts of democracy that agree with your particularly blinkered viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Yet you know that I blame Boris for the mess we currently have so please either retract your accusation or explain why you make it

I've made no accusations towards anyone.  I suggest you read comments and posts more carefully.

3 minutes ago, geared said:

Seems to me you only care about the parts of democracy that agree with your particularly blinkered viewpoint.

I voted to remain in the EU and it is because I respect democracy that I support our country leaving the EU and the democratic 2016 EU referendum result being implemented on 31st October with or with a deal.

At the end of the day we are going to be out soon. It's the right thing to do, if we didn't Leave then a majority of voters would think that there was no point in voting ever again.

The majority of the working class voted to Leave. The majority of the underclass voted to Leave. Membership of the EU has mainly helped the affluent middle class and the rich. No wonder so many out of touch wealthy people support our EU membership.

Love Europe. Hate the EU elite.

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU and it is because I respect democracy that I support our country leaving the EU and the democratic 2016 EU referendum result being implemented on 31st October with or with a deal.

no you didnt dont lie, youre more voracious and extreme on leaving than most other leavers ive encoutered

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

At the end of the day we are going to be out soon. It's the right thing to do, if we didn't Leave then a majority of voters would think that there was no point in voting ever again.

The majority of the working class voted to Leave. The majority of the underclass voted to Leave. Membership of the EU has mainly helped the affluent middle class and the rich. No wonder so many out of touch wealthy people support our EU membership.

Love Europe. Hate the EU elite.

get back in yer box...troll

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I wonder .....

I wonder too as I have already stated that I read the BBC new site and also when a link is posted read it, check the facts and then post.

25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

no you didnt dont lie, youre more voracious and extreme on leaving than most other leavers ive encoutered

get back in yer box...troll

Will you please refrain from posting insulting and abusive attacks on other forum contributors?

55 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who cares? That was three and a half years ago and no longer reflects the wishes of the population. (not that it ever did)

Very true and as you well know the population was never asked so it cant reflect their wishes whatever they may be.

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I think it's against forum rules or guide lines to accuse members of lying because that is a personal attack so you need to be careful or you might be in trouble with the forum moderators. 

Yes, I admit I am now a strong believer in our country leaving the EU , but not because that was the way I voted but because I strongly believe in democracy.  If remain had won the EU referendum vote , then I would have expected our country to remain 100% in the EU and it 's  only fair that leave voters who were on the winning side of the binary choice should expect our country to 100%  leave the EU.

2 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

I think Mr Major has it about right when he calls Mr Cummings an anarchist

Except that anarchists are anti-authoritarian, which is not something you can accuse Cummings of. The way that he sacked Sonia Khan then took on responsibility for sacking all ministers’ advisors shows that that he is an authoritarian bully.

I suspect like Trump, he is an ego who doesn’t really believe in anything but himself.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

So you also respect the democratic right for MP's to debate the withdrawal deal presented to the house and their democratic right to vote on it's acceptance?

You also respect the outcome of that democratic vote?

5 minutes ago, geared said:

So you also respect the democratic right for MP's to debate the withdrawal deal presented to the house and their democratic right to vote on it's acceptance?

You also respect the outcome of that democratic vote?

The MPs voted overwhelmingly in favour of holding the 2016 EU  Referendum vote  which handed over the decision of whether our country remained  or left the EU  to the  UK people.  The MPs  also  overwhelmingly voted in favour of triggering Article 50 which made leaving the EU without a deal on the 29th March the  legal default position.  If the MPs didn't want the people decide whether our country remained or left the EU or for our country to the leave the EU without a deal then the majority of MPs should have voted against holding the 2016 EU referendum vote and against triggering Article 50.  What the MPs  have done is backslided and I have no respect for backsliders.  

Don't  bother citing Parliamentary democracy for an excuse to block the democratic wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016  because the backsliding MPs have made a mockery of UK democracy.