Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You need to look at who is putting money where.

Most of the money supporting Remain was from established businesses who took a long term view and wanted to maintain the stability of EU membership.

Not true as some of the big backers that contributed  before the donation rules were in place were from the US. The main British backers did so because Brexit would impact on their profits, shares and dividends.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sunday-times-rich-list-2017-biggest-donors-to-the-remain-campaign-against-a-brexit-2017-5?r=US&IR=T

Have a look at their jobs and what most are involved in such as hedge funds and share capital.

Most of the money behind Project Brexit was from those who deal in the money markets where it is irrelevant whether business does well or fails, as money can be made on the change rather than whether that change is good or bad. 

See above!

Two leading Project Brexit supporters, Crispin Odey and Jacob Rees-Mogg have already  made £millions by short selling Sterling. 

And there is proof of this?

Edited by apelike

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

There is.

I believe Rees-Mogg’s company alone has made something like £16 million from the fall in Strerling since June 2016. I think that Odey has made a lot more.

31 minutes ago, apelike said:

But if Mays deal was accepted we would only have left in name and would still have to abide by many EU laws.

No, we would have left, in that we would no longer be a member of the EU.

What makes your definition of ‘leave’ any more valid than anyone else’s?

47 minutes ago, apelike said:

I'm sure the majority of those that voted leave are aware of the outcome so let them worry about it. 

With comedy one liners like that you should take that show on the road, you're wasted here.

17 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not true as some of the big backers that contributed  before the donation rules were in place were from the US. The main British backers did so because Brexit would impact on their profits, shares and dividends.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sunday-times-rich-list-2017-biggest-donors-to-the-remain-campaign-against-a-brexit-2017-5?r=US&IR=T

Have a look at their jobs and what most are involved in such as hedge funds and share capital.

See above!

Blimey it's all over the place in the media lately, I've posted links in this very thread twice...i think, open yer eyes

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What makes your definition of ‘leave’ any more valid than anyone else’s?

The fact that its not my definition.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Blimey it's all over the place in the media lately, I've posted links in this very thread twice...i think, open yer eyes

I know and that is what I have done. Leave backers and remain backers have all made profits from this as it is just how the people involved in the money market, hedge funds and banking work. What I am pointing out it is not exclusively one sided.

Edited by apelike

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

With comedy one liners like that you should take that show on the road, you're wasted here.

Glad you think so.... but one thing I do notice is how those with the money are somehow worried about the effects of brexit on the poor when its their own interests they are really concerned about.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

The fact that its not my definition..

Exactly, it is a definition that was not included on the ballot paper.

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

Glad you think so.... but one thing I do notice is how those with the money are somehow worried about the effects of brexit on the poor when its their own interests they are really concerned about.

Yeah, actually it's very much my own interests I care about as im not rich by some considerable distance. A no deal brexit will hurt me hard.

Speaking of deals, which Boris is so sure he's getting - does anyone know what he's asking for?

Edited by tinfoilhat

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

The fact that its not my definition.

I know and that is what I have done. Leave backers and remain backers have all made profits from this as it is just how the people involved in the money market, hedge funds and banking work. What I am pointing out it is not exclusively one sided.

Errm and which side will make millions at us going down the pan? Surely you don't want that but it's what they have bet on

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Errm and which side will make millions at us going down the pan? Surely you don't want that but it's what they have bet on

The guy isn't talking about 'Sides'...Mel.

If any Money is to be made...It will be by the Elite, as usual.

Nothing changes...But Everything Changes.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Speaking of deals, which Boris is so sure he's getting - does anyone know what he's asking for?

Unbelievably, during an extensive interview with Andrew Marr this morning he gave absolutely no details of the current talks. And I think that Dominic Cummings must have instructed him to say ‘surrender act’ as many times as possible during the interview as he must have repeated it nine or ten times.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Plenty of proof.