Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The threat to the NHS is that it has been made quite clear by the US that access to the UK health market would be part of any post-Brexit trade negotiations with the US. When asked about a possible deal, Trump himself said that everything would be up for negotiation.

Everything except the NHS. As the NHS is in place originally because of and act or parliament and subsequent revisions also creating new acts it is highly unlikely that parliament would allow it to be privatised extensively as only certain parts of the act(s) allow that without further parliamentary approval. There are already talks about a repeal of section 75 of the 2012 Health and Social Care Act and from what I have read part of the forthcoming Queens speech will outline the planned proposals under the long term plan which was drawn up by May.  

Edited by apelike

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I love how Trump is well known as a liar on this forum.

Unless you want to use something to further your argument, then suddenly his ramblings are trustworthy............

Just remember as well that the UK won't have a say in the matter and if trump wants the NHS, we'll just hand it over because we won't negotiate. .

6 hours ago, Michael_W said:

The emotional outburst from the mp should have been made a little calmer, what happened to Jo Cox was disgusting but using it in a fit of anger to stifle debate and claim some moral superiority was unnecessary. Johnson should have chosen a wiser response, but the language used by both sides, particularly on social media is wrong, 

We’re going to have to get the flags out Michael. I agree with this 100%

As the argument has stagnated, the language used by both sides has become very extreme. Bringing Jo Cox into the debate wasn’t needed, but Johnson’s response was appalling.

We really need an outcome to this now. That outcome must recognise that leave won, but also that a very significant minority of people voted to remain.

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

We’re going to have to get the flags out Michael. I agree with this 100%

As the argument has stagnated, the language used by both sides has become very extreme. Bringing Jo Cox into the debate wasn’t needed, but Johnson’s response was appalling.

We really need an outcome to this now. That outcome must recognise that leave won, but also that a very significant minority of people voted to remain.

We need to check with the country that what is on offer is what they voted for - but BoJo doesn't have the guts to ask anyone for an opinion in case it shows up the fact that the Suicide Act (aka Brexit) is not wanted now. After all,  democracy is about being able to change your mind...

19 hours ago, Car Boot said:

You're indicating that you pay disproportionately less tax than the majority of tax payers?

When my tax bill is more than the average wage, then I think it is disproportionate compared to what I earn. 

37 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

Do you remember TTIP?  

I certainly do.. A couple of mates of mine who you certainly wouldn’t call typical Brexiteers voted Leave simply to get the UK out of an EU which was about to sign TTIP with the US.

They are both now very aware of the irony that their actions may have made an EU-free UK the only country desperate enough to sign a similar agreement with the US.

3 hours ago, apelike said:

Everything except the NHS. As the NHS is in place originally because of and act or parliament 

As we both know, an Act of Parliament can be amended or repealed.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As we both know, an Act of Parliament can be amended or repealed.

Yes it can but it is up to parliament, and would parliament actually do that to enable privatisation of the NHS? As said plans are already underfoot to repeal parts of the 2012 Act but that is to bring it back inline with the notion that the NHS will remain a public body and be in control.

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes it can but it is up to parliament, and would parliament actually do that to enable privatisation of the NHS? 

Surely that depends on who is in power.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Surely that depends on who is in power.

No it depends on parliament.

I think when most people talk about privatisation of the NHS it is that most of the services would be contracted out to the private sector - it would still be "owned" by the state but in practice be provided by the private sector - thus profit rather than need would become the overriding factor in determining provision.

Dominic Cummings says he's enjoying the chaos that Brexit is causing, and tells MP who complains about death threats recieved "get Brexit done then":

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-brexit-no-deal-labour-tory-conference-latest-a9122501.html

What a contemptible, piece of **** he really is.

Edited by Mister M

Further to that, alt-Right journalist Brendan O’Neil has just said on Politics Live that Brexiteers should riot if we don’t leave the EU by October 31st.