Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The vile creature Johnson is now insulting the memory of Jo Cox.

I can see where he's coming from.  A lot of Remain MPs have suffered some really nasty, vile abuse for their Brexit stance and ignoring the result.   

Its just he's not gone about it the right way. Again.

I was more concerned about the discussions regarding Yellowhammer and our preparedness for Brexit.

How can we be prepared with no detail forthcoming .

Both Gove and Johnson we’re unable to give adequate answers when tackled about how this document produced during their tenure is just a re titled older piece of work.

9 hours ago, apelike said:

That is just nonsense, and please don't post the discredited Farage links again as we have covered this already!

What on earth has Farage got to do with it?

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What on earth has Farage got to do with it?

IIRC you posted a link by Farage trying to show Farage stating that he wanted a privatised NHS.

Just now, apelike said:

IIRC you posted a link by Farage trying to show Farage stating that he wanted a privatised NHS.

Wasn't that a tweet he made a while ago?

18 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I was more concerned about the discussions regarding Yellowhammer and our preparedness for Brexit.

How can we be prepared with no detail forthcoming .

Both Gove and Johnson we’re unable to give adequate answers when tackled about how this document produced during their tenure is just a re titled older piece of work.

Gove made a sweeping claim that business was ready.

Business made a very quick retort, "No we are not"

2 minutes ago, geared said:

Gove made a sweeping claim that business was ready.

Business made a very quick retort, "No we are not"

The thing is just like every one and everything else, after 3 years of sticking their heads in the sand it should be ready !

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I can see where he's coming from.  A lot of Remain MPs have suffered some really nasty, vile abuse for their Brexit stance and ignoring the result.   

Its just he's not gone about it the right way. Again.

The emotional outburst from the mp should have been made a little calmer, what happened to Jo Cox was disgusting but using it in a fit of anger to stifle debate and claim some moral superiority was unnecessary. Johnson should have chosen a wiser response, but the language used by both sides, particularly on social media is wrong, and most certainly should not be dished out if it can't be returned, to me it seems that currently one side is happy to label people as thick, uneducated, xenophobic, racist, fascist, Nazi etc and then gets upset when they hear politicians use the terms surrender, betrayal and traitor !

11 minutes ago, geared said:

Don't know about any tweet as I dont use social media but a video was made in 2014 when he was UKIP where what he stated was seen as wanting to privatise the NHS. The transcript of that video shows otherwise but Labour saw it differently " a vote for UKIP was a vote for the privatiseation the NHS."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/12/film-nigel-farage-insurance-based-nhs-private-companies

13 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

The emotional outburst from the mp should have been made a little calmer, what happened to Jo Cox was disgusting but using it in a fit of anger to stifle debate and claim some moral superiority was unnecessary. Johnson should have chosen a wiser response, but the language used by both sides, particularly on social media is wrong, and most certainly should not be dished out if it can't be returned, to me it seems that currently one side is happy to label people as thick, uneducated, xenophobic, racist, fascist, Nazi etc and then gets upset when they hear politicians use the terms surrender, betrayal and traitor !

Its hard for any MP to take the high ground when all they've done in there for years is jeer, boo, shout and act like animals.

So much opportunity to sort Brexit out has been lost. 

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

Farage is never going to be in power so what he wants is completely irrelevant.

The threat to the NHS is that it has been made quite clear by the US that access to the UK health market would be part of any post-Brexit trade negotiations with the US. When asked about a possible deal, Trump himself said that everything would be up for negotiation.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The threat to the NHS is that it has been made quite clear by the US that access to the UK health market would be part of any post-Brexit trade negotiations with the US. When asked about a possible deal, Trump himself said that everything would be up for negotiation.

I love how Trump is well known as a liar on this forum.

Unless you want to use something to further your argument, then suddenly his ramblings are trustworthy............

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I love how Trump is well known as a liar on this forum.

Unless you want to use something to further your argument, then suddenly his ramblings are trustworthy............

Trump is a businessman. Trump believes in America First. Trump knows that post-Brexit, the UK will be on the back foot in any negotiations. Trump, along with many americans believe that our NHS is a communist organisation.

What makes you think that Trump would not want US companies to have access to a $200 billion a year market?