Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

44 minutes ago, FinBak said:

We will be regarded as sure footed and determined.!

did you not read the link i posted the other week, we are already losing our standing in the world, other countries are laughing at us, 

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

I feel sorry for the Thomas Cook employees who have lost their jobs due to Brexit.

Doesn't anyone else?

As the job losses were hardly down to brexit I feel sorry for those that think it was due to brexit...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/23/thomas-cook-debt-brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46452374

Notice how they have tried to get out of debt for the past decade and not just the past 3 years.

Edited by apelike

3 hours ago, L00b said:

You tell me, you're the one who took issue with my reply #1789 to Mister M, that had nowt to do with you in the first place. If you don't want to know, then don't ask :rolleyes:

Notice this is a forum and that anybody at anytime can comment on the posts..:rolleyes:

But.... you stating.. "For example, there's no finding concerning the actual origin of the funds. Yet." is actually wrong as the NCA have stated "“The NCA has not received any evidence to suggest that Mr Banks and his companies received funding from any third party to fund the loans, or that he acted as an agent on behalf of a third party." So that case put forward by the electoral commission claiming Banks was not the true source of the £8m loan is now  closed.

6 hours ago, apelike said:

As the job losses were hardly down to brexit I feel sorry for those that think it was due to brexit...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/23/thomas-cook-debt-brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46452374

Notice how they have tried to get out of debt for the past decade and not just the past 3 years.

It is very naive to think Brexit didn’t have a significant effect. Thomas Cook went under because it had a cash flow problem. So a drop in the value of Sterling since the referendum would have meant it needed far more money to pay off its overseas creditors who aren’t paid in Sterling. 

2 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

It is very naive to think Brexit didn’t have a significant effect. Thomas Cook went under because it had a cash flow problem. So a drop in the value of Sterling since the referendum would have meant it needed far more money to pay off its overseas creditors who aren’t paid in Sterling. 

This. Trades in sterling, pays thousands of employees across the EU in Euros and the US in Dollars. 

This company had many underlying problems, but Brexit was the ‘pneumonia’ that toppled it

9 hours ago, FinBak said:

Not to mention we will be £350 MILLION pounds A WEEK the richer.

Do the maths. 

I should quit my job, I'll save £50/week on petrol. It's a no brainer!

Do the maths!

A good 6 months ago, I wrote

"It seems obvious to me that the referendum was given to Joe Public because there would/could be only one outcome... it never occurred that we would have the timerity/audacity to vote for anything other than "remain".
Almost three years later, farce after farce, the bunch of charlatans and cheats have managed to derail a democratic vote, pretending concern for "the country" by using every trick in the book and then some.
I call them charlatans and cheats, because that's exactly what they are."

I've seen nothing since that changes my mind.

What problem(s) do you think leaving will solve?

Edited by ads36

4 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

A good 6 months ago, I wrote

"It seems obvious to me that the referendum was given to Joe Public because there would/could be only one outcome... it never occurred that we would have the timerity/audacity to vote for anything other than "remain".
Almost three years later, farce after farce, the bunch of charlatans and cheats have managed to derail a democratic vote, pretending concern for "the country" by using every trick in the book and then some.
I call them charlatans and cheats, because that's exactly what they are."

I've seen nothing since that changes my mind.

You say 'pretending'to have concern for the country? The governments own yellowhammer has shown there very well could be, I'm sure every single MP doesn't want their constituents in economic hardship even if they voted for it?

8 hours ago, apelike said:

Notice this is a forum and that anybody at anytime can comment on the posts..:rolleyes:

But.... you stating.. "For example, there's no finding concerning the actual origin of the funds. Yet." is actually wrong as the NCA have stated "“The NCA has not received any evidence to suggest that Mr Banks and his companies received funding from any third party to fund the loans, or that he acted as an agent on behalf of a third party." So that case put forward by the electoral commission claiming Banks was not the true source of the £8m loan is now  closed.

So why do you then ask "what's the relevance to Brexit, of the fact that the NCA is still investigating Banks?" in #1796, when you took the thread on that tangent by taking issue with my reply #1789 to Mister M?

I humoured you out of debating etiquette and politeness. More fool me. Again.

Edited by L00b

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

You say 'pretending'to have concern for the country? The governments own yellowhammer has shown there very well could be, I'm sure every single MP doesn't want their constituents in economic hardship even if they voted for it?

I think you're right about the majority of MPs, but about 5 or 6  years ago there was a now notorious incident during a debate about poverty and food banks where MPs from across the house were talking about their constituents experiences of real hardship, and a small group of Tory MPs were openly laughing in the chamber at what they heard. Other MPs, and even the Speaker rebuked them.

Those MPs should've been named and shamed.

6 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

It not me being naive but just poor and unfit business practice/business model in the modern world given the evidence of their past financial history. Brexit may have had a small effect hence the "hardly" bit but no way did it have a significant effect. If you look at how quick they collapsed their financial bond (maturing in 2022) was trading fine in 2018 despite brexit at 100 cents on the Euro. When financial troubles were announced it went down from 8.5 cents at the end of last week to 0.5 cents after it announced closure. According to the FT the bond was the most actively traded security on the European secondary market and like a lot of monetary problems blamed on brexit it is the financial markets that are causing the problems.