Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/09/23/inenglish/1569214269_989612.html

Spain will remove rights for British residents post-Brexit if the UK does not reciprocate

seems spains doing a lot more than us in preparation for a no deal brexit, look at the list down the right hand side on that list

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because the people of Britain had acclaim and more pride in their own country then. There were no snowflakes who didn't respect democracy and twenty four hour news channels or the internet were not  around to spread discontent amongst the weak.  It's absolutely shameful that Britain hasn't pulled together after June 23rd 2016 in order to make the best out of a situation and a new path the democratic British people chose to go down.

So you think people who voted remain are snowflakes, that we are weak, that it's shameful what we are doing...

And you really expect us to fall into line and make the best of a situation? Like the blitz spirit?

With your attitude if we were in an air raid shelter I'd bayonet you and throw you out to make more space. No time for people using divisive language like you.

27 minutes ago, Obelix said:

So you think people who voted remain are snowflakes, that we are weak, that it's shameful what we are doing...

And you really expect us to fall into line and make the best of a situation? Like the blitz spirit?

With your attitude if we were in an air raid shelter I'd bayonet you and throw you out to make more space. No time for people using divisive language like you.

yet hes a "remainer" :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, melthebell said:

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/09/23/inenglish/1569214269_989612.html

Spain will remove rights for British residents post-Brexit if the UK does not reciprocate

seems spains doing a lot more than us in preparation for a no deal brexit, look at the list down the right hand side on that list

Nothing surprising there what-so-ever: direct reciprocity has been the EU's baseline position in negotiations about citizens's rights ever since the UK triggered Article 50.

I've long posted that most EU member states are no deal Brexit-ready, the above is just more independent verification.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's absolutely shameful that Britain hasn't pulled together after June 23rd 2016 in order to make the best out of a situation and a new path the democratic British people chose to go down.

I suppose it was also shameful that not all the French people didn’t pull together after June 23rd 1940 in support of the Vichy regime.

Your Brexit postings  have a bizarre theme of anger against any kind of opposition. If you think that leaving the EU is a dangerous nonsense on 22nd June 2016 why on earth would you suddenly think that it is no longer a dangerous nonsense on June 24th.

That is completely illogical. 

3 hours ago, ads36 said:

Blame blame blame, someone else's fault, moan moan moan.

Brexit was ever thus.

If it's a good idea, it'll work whether I believe in it or not.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to find out how I'm blocking brexit, disrespecting democracy, and how I can "get behind" brexit.

Leavers, the gift that won't shut up, whining snowflakes that they are. They want brexit, get it done. 

3 hours ago, L00b said:

'Pride in country', 'snowflakes', 'the weak', 'respect democracy'...

You're hardly going to bring your debating opponents onside, with these polarising dog whistles :rolleyes:

To be fair, every Brexit argument has been done to death, it's hardly at a point where people of either persuasion are looking to bring what you describe as 'debating opponents' onside, the Remainers have been using arguably more divisive, polarising language themselves, so it's not one sided ……. Gammon, Far Right Extremists, Xenophobes, Racists, Bigots, Fascists and Nazis being some of the most common slurs bandied around !

The irony is that most of mainland Europe has more of an issue with the aforementioned extremes than good old Blighty IMHO !

16 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

the Remainers have been using arguably more divisive, polarising language themselves, so it's not one sided ……. Gammon, Far Right Extremists, Xenophobes, Racists, Bigots, Fascists and Nazis being some of the most common slurs bandied around !

Brexiteers, on the other hand tend to favour physical attacks, and death threats in their opposition to anyone who thinks that leaving the EU is a not a good idea.

And I’m not sure what your objection is to some Leave supporters being labelled as xenophobes, racists and bigots, as it is widely accepted that many of them are.

8 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Slavery was a lot of help back then. Class divides also helped and so did the lack of employment rights. Living standards were very different.  Didn’t have the NHS either. 

There was always NHS in my life growing up during the 50s 60s, and I never saw slaves,neither did my father, his father, or

his father's father.

Living standards were different but they weren't bad.On entering Europe, I was married with 3 kids,I had a nice semi in a nice area and an easily affordable mortgage.

I emigrated to escape looming Thatcherism and a lower standard of living than I had pre EEC.This was 1981, so you see I did experience over 10 years of European membership and was not impressed..

5 hours ago, Halibut said:

Truly frightening thinking, especially that line about spreading discontent amongst the weak. You sound deranged and dangerous.

Takes one to know one, I guess. 😔

2 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I emigrated to escape looming Thatcherism and a lower standard of living than I had pre EEC.This was 1981, so you see I did experience over 10 years of European membership and was not impressed..

Despite EU regulations protecting UK citizens from the worst of Thatcherite excesses? 😳

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a year/decade/century in mind? - so we know what you mean by 'manage' ... ?

(Because the answer might be : food rationing, it didn't, children died in factories, gunships, war, typhoid, etc.)

I already responded to Albert,read that, my typing finger hurts.😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a year/decade/century in mind? - so we know what you mean by 'manage' ... ?

(Because the answer might be : food rationing, it didn't, children died in factories, gunships, war, typhoid, etc.)

I remember food rationing, but the reason for that was we were paying to rebuild the very Euroean nation that we knocked the snot out of, with a little help from those gunships you mentioned.There was no child labour for several decades prior to joining Europe.

Typhoid ? Clutching at straws there mate lol.