Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Meh, honestly I was really hoping for a submarine.

If I was Marine Boy, I could have done it with the aid of Oxygum.

That would have been properly cool😀 

8 hours ago, Litotes said:

And I state that no-deal or with-a-deal Brexit is going to cause economic chaos for the UK.

So you are happy to accept that and promote it as fact?

Please clarify what you voted for.

What was the Irish border solution that you voted for?

What was the trade agreement you voted for?

What was the solution to the dearth of workers for the agricultural sector?

What was the solution to the dearth of workers for the health-care sector?

Where was the revenue coming from for the exchequer to enable the magic money tree to be shaken?

Did you vote for the increase in xenophobic extremism?

Did you vote for the rise in right-wing extremism?

Are you happy to embrace all of this - because this is what the vote has delivered...

Give yourself a big pat on your back! And then get yourself off to the food bank, because that is what has been delivered.

Oh dearie me, however did Britain manage for all those hundreds of years prior to entering the Common Market?

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Oh dearie me, however did Britain manage for all those hundreds of years prior to entering the Common Market?

Slavery was a lot of help back then. Class divides also helped and so did the lack of employment rights. Living standards were very different.  Didn’t have the NHS either. 

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Because the people of Britain had acclaim and more pride in their own country then. There were no snowflakes who didn't respect democracy and twenty four hour news channels or the internet were not  around to spread discontent amongst the weak.  It's absolutely shameful that Britain hasn't pulled together after June 23rd 2016 in order to make the best out of a situation and a new path the democratic British people chose to go down.

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a year/decade/century in mind? - so we know what you mean by 'manage' ... ?

(Because the answer might be : food rationing, it didn't, children died in factories, gunships, war, typhoid, etc.)

Edited by ads36

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because the people of Britain had acclaim and more pride in their own country then. There were no snowflakes who didn't respect democracy and twenty four hour news channels or the internet were not  around to spread discontent amongst the weak.  It's absolutely shameful that Britain hasn't pulled together after June 23rd 2016 in order to make the best out of a situation and a new path the democratic British people chose to go down.

Truly frightening thinking, especially that line about spreading discontent amongst the weak. You sound deranged and dangerous.

11 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

well said! its a great shame that the entitled and me too generation dont get it

Blame blame blame, someone else's fault, moan moan moan.

Brexit was ever thus.

If it's a good idea, it'll work whether I believe in it or not.

Edited by ads36

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

'Pride in country', 'snowflakes', 'the weak', 'respect democracy'...

You're hardly going to bring your debating opponents onside, with these polarising dog whistles :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a year/decade/century in mind? - so we know what you mean by 'manage' ... ?

(Because the answer might be : food rationing, it didn't, children died in factories, gunships, war, typhoid, etc.)

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because the people of Britain had acclaim and more pride in their own country then. There were no snowflakes who didn't respect democracy and twenty four hour news channels or the internet were not  around to spread discontent amongst the weak.

Yes - that's how Cummings got the leave message out - targeted ad's on Facebook etc.

The Leave camp had bags of opportunity to sell unicorns to the gullible.

6 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Im sure instead of being flippant you could put your mind to it and "think" why its far more complicated to go back rather than forward?