Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Diabetes UK are concerned though that many diabetics are worried about any shortage and need to be assured that there will be no shortages.

So can they be assured that there will be no shortages for all sections of the diabetic population? I think you have already suggested that the answer is a resounding No!

So you are confirming that Brexit may well be responsible for the deaths of some people - are you proud of your choice?

20 minutes ago, apelike said:

Three of the main manufacturers are in: US, Brazil, Denmark, France, China, Russia, Algeria, Japan, Puerto Rico, Italy, Germany, India and Saudi Arabia not forgetting the one in the UK.

Which as I've already pointed out supplies under half of one percent of our needs.

And how many of those countries will we have a trade deal with in the event of a no deal brexit?

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Which as I've already pointed out supplies under half of one percent of our needs.

I already know you did and was replying to pettytom's question...  "Which countries are these suppliers in?"

And how many of those countries will we have a trade deal with in the event of a no deal brexit?

I have not got the faintest idea... have you?

Edited by apelike

5 hours ago, apelike said:

I already know you did and was replying to pettytom's question...  "Which countries are these suppliers in?"

And I asked the question, to highlight the fact that we are unlikely to have trade deals with many of those countries.

I’m not even slightly surprised by your answer. ^^^

8 hours ago, apelike said:

I have not got the faintest idea... have you?

The ones we DO have deals with has already been posted

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The ones we DO have deals with has already been posted

Several times in the last few weeks - but here it is again .

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries-in-a-no-deal-brexit

No doubt HMG are redoubling their efforts to avoid parliamentary scrutiny sign up more obscure island groups before Brexit.

Watching Corbyn on the Andrew Marr Show. 

Corbyn reckons that if he becomes PM, he'll try & work out a new deal with the EU & will then put that deal along with the option to remain, (effectively reject the deal but with no option to leave without a deal) in a new referendum. 

Marr put a simple question to Corbyn.  He's got his deal & everything that he has asked of the EU.  Will he, Corbyn, then campaign in a referendum for the electorate to accept his deal & leave the EU on that basis? 

Corbyn couldn't / wouldn't give a straight answer to the question.  The only conclusion is no then & you don't believe in what you're trying to sell to public.

Of course, a less sensational assessment might be that he’s waiting for conference to formulate the exact policy. He probably doesn’t want people like you comparing the final party policy to something he said on the Marr show.

Disclaimer, I haven’t seen the interview yet, there is no TV under the ocean.

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Watching Corbyn on the Andrew Marr Show. 

Corbyn reckons that if he becomes PM, he'll try & work out a new deal with the EU & will then put that deal along with the option to remain, (effectively reject the deal but with no option to leave without a deal) in a new referendum. 

Marr put a simple question to Corbyn.  He's got his deal & everything that he has asked of the EU.  Will he, Corbyn, then campaign in a referendum for the electorate to accept his deal & leave the EU on that basis? 

Corbyn couldn't / wouldn't give a straight answer to the question.  The only conclusion is no then & you don't believe in what you're trying to sell to public.

To be fair to Corbyn, I thought he stated to Andrew Marr,  if a new deal passed the so called 'five Labour tests' then he would support leaving the EU in a future referendum in the unlikely event Labour win the next General Election.  

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Of course, a less sensational assessment might be that he’s waiting for conference to formulate the exact policy. He probably doesn’t want people like you comparing the final party policy to something he said on the Marr show.

Disclaimer, I haven’t seen the interview yet, there is no TV under the ocean.

Are you in a submarine?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you in a submarine?

If he is then they must have a very good internet connection and if so its available on iplayer or download for it.

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

And I asked the question, to highlight the fact that we are unlikely to have trade deals with many of those countries.

So that then begs the question to you, which of those countries do we have trade deals with as you seem unsure?

Edited by apelike