Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 hours ago, apelike said:

Good, that cool to know, thanks for sharing.............. 

Sharing is caring

The plans submitted to the EU this week have “failed ALL basic backstop tests”

Well done, UK negotiators, well done. Our Brexit department is incompetent beyond belief. 

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Sharing is caring

It is... There are around 4 months of insulin stockpiled by and there should be no problems with supply as it is manufactured by different manufacturers in many countries across the globe.

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

It is... There are around 4 months of insulin stockpiled by and there should be no problems with supply as it is manufactured by different manufacturers in many countries across the globe.

Which ports do the vast majority of imports come through?

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

And in a few weeks the trade agreements with all those countries could be finished if there's a no deal brexit so we'll have to revert to WTO rules -  supplies could well be interrupted (hence the stockpiling) and price will certainly increase.

Edited by Longcol

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

Just roll back a bit and think about what you are saying.  Why the hell is this country, THIS country in the 21st century needing to stockpile the most basic of medication?  Have we suddenly turned into a third world country without me noticing?  What else needs to be stockpiled, vaccines, antibiotics?

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

And in a few weeks the trade agreements with all those countries could be finished if there's a no deal brexit so we'll have to revert to WTO rules -  supplies could well be interrupted (hence the stockpiling) and price will certainly increase.

Me bold... I notice you said could, and the reality is the stockpiling is done by the manufactures as a regular course.

4 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Just roll back a bit and think about what you are saying.  Why the hell is this country, THIS country in the 21st century needing to stockpile the most basic of medication?  Have we suddenly turned into a third world country without me noticing?  What else needs to be stockpiled, vaccines, antibiotics?

I didn't state that this country was stockpiling insulin and in the above post I have explained that it is normal for manufacturers to do that and one of those manufactures is also UK based!

Forgot to mention that the insulin produced in this country is animal bases and not synthetic.

Edited by apelike

4 hours ago, apelike said:

You really dont understand how this works do you.

2 hours ago, apelike said:

Forgot to mention that the insulin produced in this country is animal bases and not synthetic.

So vegan diabetics are not considered?

So much for the lying, cheating, sexist, racists PM's equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.

8 hours ago, apelike said:

Which countries are these suppliers in?

What happens when our four month supply declines to three months. Or two. Or one?

I take it that you aren’t diabetic, or you wouldn’t be so flippant 

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I didn't state that this country was stockpiling insulin and in the above post I have explained that it is normal for manufacturers to do that and one of those manufactures is also UK based!

Which produces less than half of one percent of insulin needed.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Which countries are these suppliers in?

Three of the main manufacturers are in: US, Brazil, Denmark, France, China, Russia, Algeria, Japan, Puerto Rico, Italy, Germany, India and Saudi Arabia not forgetting the one in the UK.

What happens when our four month supply declines to three months. Or two. Or one?

You didn't read the post properly did you as I didn't state it was our 4 months but the manufacturers supply stocks. Stocks are constantly being made as the shelf life and use by dates are one year from manufacture so there will hardly be a shortage. Diabetes UK are concerned though that many diabetics are worried about any shortage and need to be assured that there will be no shortages.

I take it that you aren’t diabetic, or you wouldn’t be so flippant 

I have been giving details of how it is currently and a serious reply to a flippant post #1647, that's all.

Edited by apelike