Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

I  actually said "They knew it would change so it make no sense to be afraid of it."  And just like I asked you about what percentage of those that voted leave had a plan to make a profit from it, I give you the same answer as you gave.. "You'll have to ask the voting corpus."

That was part of it yes, sometimes the only way to force change when you have a political system such as ours is to go against it and time will tell if it make us worse off in the long term. I still believe in the British economist E. F. Schumacher who coined the phrase "Small is Beautiful" and just like other countries we can be out of the EU and still prosper.

But, how do you think we will prosper?

What, specifically, is the upside to Brexit.

21 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, but yours are different to hobinfoot’s which are different to Angelfire’s which are different to Lockdoctor’s which are different to Penny’s which are different to Robin-H’s which are different to Baron’s which are different to peter’s which are different to Delayed’s which are different to apelike’s which are different to Ecconoob’s which are different to CarBoot’s reasons for leaving the EU. *

At least Remainers all have the same reason for wanting to remain, rather than the 57 varieties of Leavers.

(*apologies to any right wing posters I have missed.)

So I was accused of not giving any -thanks for clearing that up.

As for your list, do you think I'm right wing, TCH?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

becoming Trumps bitch as the 51st state of america :(

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

becoming Trumps bitch as the 51st state of america :(

Don't be so defeatist...we have loads of deals already in place..sort of. Obviously not as many as we had being in the EU...

So far, the UK has signed 13 "continuity" deals covering 38 countries or territories.

In addition, the government announced on 11 September that it had secured "an agreement in principle" with six African nations - South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) and Mozambique.

The deal is expected to be formally signed off "shortly".

I hear Namibian Sauvignon is sooo good nowadays.

Not to worry - we will soon be the worlds leading exporter of Unicorns.

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Not to worry - we will soon be the worlds leading exporter of Unicorns.

Is this a price worth paying for those unicorns?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/armed-police-unit-to-be-moved-to-irish-border-in-brexit-preparation-38510293.html

16 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I dint say we would as that is always relative to the situation. Despite the warnings before the referendum and also those after our GDP has not changed much. After the crash of 2008 it dipped to -4.2% and we recovered from that. In 2016 it was 1.9% and its now hovering around 1.4% so in terms of GDP we are still doing well. Inflation has not skyrocketed and jobs in employment are up. The downside is being caused because of the uncertainty of brexit affecting the exchange rates. That could have stabilised a few years ago if brexit had been sorted then but for now and until brexit is sorted it will continue to fluctuate.

The fact that people got to chose whether they wanted to be in or out and that Cameron and politicians of all parties have been shafted! The one thing that many will have noticed however is that despite it being a secret vote, those that voted remain (or not voting at all) and dont like the outcome are demanding leavers give answers to their questions. Never known that before with any secret ballot with GE's. 

Edited by apelike

45 minutes ago, apelike said:

The one thing that many will have noticed however is that despite it being a secret vote, those that voted remain (or not voting at all) and dont like the outcome are demanding leavers give answers to their questions. Never known that before with any secret ballot with GE's. 

Maybe if the damaging effects of Brexit could be restricted to Leave voters then maybe we would neither know nor care why they voted how they did.

While we will all suffer from Brexit, we have every right to ask why. 🙄

2 hours ago, apelike said:

The fact that people got to chose whether they wanted to be in or out and that Cameron and politicians of all parties have been shafted! The one thing that many will have noticed however is that despite it being a secret vote, those that voted remain (or not voting at all) and dont like the outcome are demanding leavers give answers to their questions. Never known that before with any secret ballot with GE's

So that's your answer to Pettytom's question ' What, specifically, is the upside to Brexit'. You don't give a sh?t what happens to everyone else, people have already lost jobs and there will be more to come, it has already impacted on members of my family and if it's not stopped will affect my grandchildren's lives and lot more besides.  Is ruining peoples lives your aim in life? 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

While we will all suffer from Brexit, we have every right to ask why. 🙄

Yes you can ask but do you do the same after a GE and ask why people voted differently to you? This is the very first time I have encountered that attitude as after all a GE has the same impact on all as well.

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes you can ask but do you do the same after a GE and ask why people voted differently to you? This is the very first time I have encountered that attitude as after all a GE has the same impact on all as well.

Could it possibly be because there is no comparison between a GE and leaving the Eu?