Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

6 hours ago, apelike said:

Yes we know and that is to keep the status quo because they are frightened of change.

Or, I like the EU's ability to affect change.

Look at the Catcliffe AMP for an example.

Closing tax loopholes, unified international standards, lots of good new things.

What's leave got? Lies and unicorns.

Edited by ads36

6 hours ago, apelike said:

Yes we know and that is to keep the status quo because they are frightened of change.

I’m not even slightly frightened of change. I’ve spent  a long career constantly  managing it . Change is undoubtedly a good thing.

What I fear is serious economic damage, hardship and insularity.

They are all things to be afraid of and all will be avoided if we remain.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

The record of evolution of the UK's EU membership over the years, is all the evidence you need that change happens constantly, so that hardly qualifies the remain position as 'afraid of change'.

But your one-liner conveniently overlooks the opposite problem, that too many Leavers are unafraid of the changes brought about by any form of Brexit, in the exact same way gerbils are unafraid of A Level physics.

Today's Brussels briefing piece in the Financial Times, explaining how Johnson suddenly copped on that the SPS option he's been pushing, doesn't solve the backstop problem (and which, if true, goes a very long way to explain why he chose to leg it rather than answer awkward questions), is still more evidence of the fact.

It's not a solvable problem, short or even medium term. Never mind within the next 40-odd days.

Edited by L00b
added link

48 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not even slightly frightened of change. I’ve spent  a long career constantly  managing it . Change is undoubtedly a good thing.

What I fear is serious economic damage, hardship and insularity.

And for what benefit? Just to punch ourselves in the face.....for nothing

Just seen on the BBC, Brexit Party MEP,  Lance Forman in thé European Parliament ranting about control by the " élites".  I then took the trouble to Wikipedia him and it's quite interesting. As a child he went to Haberdashers Asks  Public school which in 2012 and 2016 was considered the best indépendant boys school in the country. No doubt benefiting from this privileged education and very wealthy family background he went onto Cambridge University. He runs a business paid for by inherited wealth, he is the fourth generation in his family to do so.

These people are beyond irony.

Edited by Ridgewalk

And 'the Brexit party' isn't a party. It's a company.

Farage is the leader, and there's no democratic process to replace him.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

But your one-liner conveniently overlooks the opposite problem, that too many Leavers are unafraid of the changes brought about by any form of Brexit, in the exact same way gerbils are unafraid of A Level physics.

Some days, Sheffield Forum is worth it’s weight in gold 😀

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Oh the irony. 😁

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Yes - so frightened of change that we moved out to live in France last year - which amongst other things has meant joining the French health system, registering for tax over here, registering my car over here, moving investements / personal pension.

All changes for the better so far 🙂

2 hours ago, L00b said:

You win the interwebs!

52 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You win the interwebs!

I accept no merit, and can only wish I owned that grade of dry wit: I repurposed a third party tweet about Liz Truss, seen earlier today  in a James O'Brien twitter thread about her 'accidentally' authorising, illegally, an arms sale to the Saudis :blush:

I'll see if I can link it, many of the comments are howling-with-laughter funny.

Edit: here (not sure how to embed in post for a preview mode)

Edited by L00b

3 hours ago, L00b said:

To be fair to gerbils, they probably are afraid of some A level physics - they are just not afraid of A level physics exams. This puts them ahead of those brexiters who are not even aware of the changes that brexit would bring.