Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Back on topic now please.
Who people are married/attracted to is not relevant to the discussion.

6 hours ago, ads36 said:

And it was only a withdrawal agreement. A stopping point, allowing trade to continue freely, while the actual deal was fast-tracked.

We'd be out by now, with a Canada-deal that even remainers like me could have (begrudgingly) got behind.

Brexiteers seem reluctant to discuss future trade deals (or lack of them).

I genuinely think they believe once Brexit happens everything continues as normal with regard to relationships with the rest of the world.

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brazilian President hasn't been slow in coming forward for calling out the French President for being a weirdo. 

Would this be the Brazilian President who told a female journalist that he ‘wouldn’t rape her’?

And you’re calling the French President a weirdo?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

What a bizarre thing to say?

Trolling for all he's worth ;) 

Poor effort: in all that froth, he's obviously forgotten that Bettel is gay. Tut-tut-tut. :D

18 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Brexiteers seem reluctant to discuss future trade deals (or lack of them).

I genuinely think they believe once Brexit happens everything continues as normal with regard to relationships with the rest of the world.

The Brexit sheep, probably.

The Brexit herders, not a chance: they're working on orders to a plan, each with an personal exit strategy long mapped out, fully cognisant of the national collapse that will follow Brexit.

Yellowhammer has been significantly toned down, a fact that was already long and amply clear to anyone with a modicum of smarts, but confirmed if there was any need by the DfT reports leaked today. Noone will have me believe that Ministers under May, and the new ones under Johnson, and MPs who have seen the real Yellowhammer report in the restricted access briefing room, don't know that.

Edited by L00b

24 minutes ago, Longcol said:

They don't realise the full implications of leaving, and they believe any implications of leaving won't affect them, that's the problem. I can spot that a mile off with leavers comments on here.

If a country could get cancer, it's code name would be Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

They don't realise the full implications of leaving, and they believe any implications of leaving won't affect them, that's the problem. I can spot that a mile off with leavers comments on here.

If a country could get cancer, it's code name would be Brexit.

It's already got it, code name remain,  terminal if Brexit cant find a cure.

1 minute ago, Dardandec said:

They don't realise the full implications of leaving, and they believe any implications of leaving won't affect them, that's the problem.

I think that you are crediting many Leavers with too much sus.

Most of the Leave supporters I know in real life neither know nor care what happens after we leave the EU. As far as they’re concerned they voted Leave three and a half years ago and want to see it happen.

It’s almost as irrelevant as something they ordered by accident on the internet and the courier hasn’t delivered it yet. It’s not that important to them but they still want to see it delivered.

2 minutes ago, retep said:

And there we have it in a can.

16 hours ago, Pettytom said:

They’d be British citizens, living in Luxembourg. Can you imagine why they might be a teeny bit cross with Prime Minister Cummings and his puppet?

Yes, definitely, as well as all the few doing well on the EU gravy train.

15 hours ago, ads36 said:

It might help if the 'winners' could agree on what they think they won...

Leavers have had over 5 years to come up with a plan, they've got nothing. How long do we have to wait?

It was agreed before we voted, Cameron put it on the record. 

2 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

It was agreed before we voted, Cameron put it on the record. 

And again in a can, any positives of leaving yet? Eight threads on and nothing.

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Brexit is hardly likely to cure anything if we don't sign up to some major trade deals pdq.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries-in-a-no-deal-brexit

Not very promising is it?

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, it is what ALL the credible polls done over the last three years have been telling me. Current polling has Remain having an 11 point lead over leave.

No, I don’t want a referendum on EU membership or anything else. We have a General Election every five years to decide government policy.

Oh, just however many it takes to get your way,then.  As I thought.

10 hours ago, altus said:

Because we'd be leaving the EU without a deal. Have you brexiters still not got your heads around the fact that leaving the EU means leaving all the EU's organisations. If we want continued involvement with Europol (and all the other EU organisations we will no longer be part of) as a third party we will have to negotiate that access. If we leave without a deal, we won't have negotiated any access.

Well, unless the EU are stupid, they'd want to negotiate a deal, presumably, seeing as they'd be benefitting the most.  So we would be continuing the symbiotic partnership that is Europol, so I don't see a problem.