Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

How can it be democratic to lose a referendum and then to do everything in your power to prevent the majority of the people who voted from getting what they voted for?  Can't you see that is destroying democracy?  

If the ERG had voted for Theresa May”s deal we would have left the EU months ago.

Don’t blame remainers for fighting for what they believe in. The  real culprit is much closer to home.

As for the Lib Dem’s, I see nothing wrong with them fighting the next GE on a revoke article 50 platform.. I might even vote for them. 

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

Didn't you lecture a fellow poster on rudeness, not too long ago?

In this case, I’m not personally attacking another poster.  

I’m also stating  a truth.

8 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The people of Luxembourg were not allowed to vote in the EU referendum

Even the British ones 

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

So ones putting their own interests first?

They’d be British citizens, living in Luxembourg. Can you imagine why they might be a teeny bit cross with Prime Minister Cummings and his puppet?

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

everything in your power to prevent the majority of the people who voted from getting what they voted for?  Can't you see that is destroying democracy?  

It might help if the 'winners' could agree on what they think they won...

Leavers have had over 5 years to come up with a plan, they've got nothing. How long do we have to wait?

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

Even the British ones 

Half million of them were not allowed to vote.  

The media have stated the crowd in Luxembourg made too much noise for the joint press conference to take place where the Luxembourg Prime Minister ranted yesterday.  It was a cheap stunt and Boris was correct by refusing to take part.

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Is the Independent a eurosceptic red top, now?

I did not claim that it was, so feel free to tell me. Or not. Same difference here.

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

So ones putting their own interests first?

Unsurprisingly.

So, what's your own interest in achieving Brexit?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

They’d be British citizens, living in Luxembourg. Can you imagine why they might be a teeny bit cross with Prime Minister Cummings and his puppet?

The protest was organised by BrILL (British Immigrants Living in Luxembourg), and there were around 75 of them, not 200. I know them well.

Checking out social media this morning, and it's the same froth: "they chose to live there", "unpatriotic", "anti-democratic", "plastic Brits", etc. If not bots, then British people talking about their fellow compatriots, most of whom were denied a referendum vote,  in those terms. Stay classy :rolleyes:

Edited by L00b

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Half million of them were not allowed to vote.  

The media have stated the crowd in Luxembourg made too much noise for the joint press conference to take place where the Luxembourg Prime Minister ranted yesterday.  It was a cheap stunt and Boris was correct by refusing to take part.

The empty chair spoke the most sense we've had from Johnson so far.

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Is that what the media is telling you?

So, you want a referendum on EU membership every 3 years, or sooner?

No, it is what ALL the credible polls done over the last three years have been telling me. Current polling has Remain having an 11 point lead over leave.

No, I don’t want a referendum on EU membership or anything else. We have a General Election every five years to decide government policy.

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

In this case, I’m not personally attacking another poster.  

I’m also stating  a truth.

Actually just to correct you...  If you read back my post you will find that I was not attacking the poster, I clearly stated it was the idea you proposed that was stupid!

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Why ever not?

Because we'd be leaving the EU without a deal. Have you brexiters still not got your heads around the fact that leaving the EU means leaving all the EU's organisations. If we want continued involvement with Europol (and all the other EU organisations we will no longer be part of) as a third party we will have to negotiate that access. If we leave without a deal, we won't have negotiated any access.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It was a cheap stunt and Boris was correct by refusing to take part.

Even Johnson’s cheerleaders at the Daily Telegraph are saying that walking off like a spoilt child has damaged him.

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Because we'd be leaving the EU without a deal. Have you brexiters still not got your heads around the fact that leaving the EU means leaving all the EU's organisations. If we want continued involvement with Europol (and all the other EU organisations we will no longer be part of) as a third party we will have to negotiate that access. If we leave without a deal, we won't have negotiated any access.

It also means we'll need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trading partner unless we want to trade on unfavourable WTO terms - I'm sure we'll get favourable treatment after flouncing off.

Brexit isn't the end of our involvement with the EU - it's the start of a new one for which we appear totally ill prepared.