Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

36 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Your problem is.................................?

He doesn't  understand democracy one jot.

Just seen my first ‘Get Ready for Brexit’ advert. 

I hope the costs are coming out of Conservative Party funds. 😡

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Just seen my first ‘Get Ready for Brexit’ advert. 

I hope the costs are coming out of Conservative Party funds. 😡

Not much actual advice there.

I think that I will fill the freezer and get my statin prescription doubled.

More of a campaign to normalise the thought of a No Deal Brexit.

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that we now can’t leave without a deal, he has no option but to take part. 🙄

We still can though but not on the 31st October as parliament have passed a law requiring Johnson to ask for an extension. If that extension is not given then parliament then have an important choice to make, leave with or without a deal or revoke A50. If that extension is given then parliament still have the same choice.

Edited by apelike

On 15/09/2019 at 08:44, Albert the Cat said:

Are you really going to say that the group of people with the highest level of intelligence didn’t go to university. 

If that is what you think, then fair enough. It is completely wrong but fair enough. 

No, I'm saying that your assumption that attending university equals being of higher intelligence is wrong. 

On 15/09/2019 at 12:28, Top Cats Hat said:

Priti Patel allowed to lie on the BBC again this morning.

She claimed on the Andrew Marr Show that after a no deal exit from the EU, the UK would still have access to Europol data in the fight against cross border crime.

We won’t. 

Why ever not?

On 15/09/2019 at 21:39, apelike said:

The latest from Cameron is that he believes Johnson backed Leave "because it would help his political career." Anybody notice the irony in that statement as Cameron only wanted a referendum to help boost his political career, and how did that pan out!

Who gives a fig about what the snake Cameron claims to believe this week?  He's a total irrelevance, just like Bliar.  They both should be sued for misleading the country.

On 15/09/2019 at 22:45, Pettytom said:

It is absolutely material to that question 

How can it be democratic for dead people to decide the futures of the living?

How can it be democratic to lose a referendum and then to do everything in your power to prevent the majority of the people who voted from getting what they voted for?  Can't you see that is destroying democracy?  

19 hours ago, L00b said:

Positive: the French know well, which side of their european toast is best buttered. Arguably better education and no eurosceptic red tops, see.

Johnson is over here today for a natter with Juncker and Barnier, and then with our ever-quotable Premier, Bettel. Can't hardly wait for the joint PC, I have €10 on Bettel outdoing Varadkar :D

Is the Independent a eurosceptic red top, now?

18 hours ago, melthebell said:

And?.........

And if you ever realise the value of democracy, believe me, you'll want to keep it.

12 hours ago, L00b said:

Most of the protesters this afternoon  were Brit immigrants (forthe avoidance of doubt, "w****r" is not a Luxembourgish, German or French word :D)

Statisticians, translators, accountants and such. All 200-ish of them.

Isn't Boris well hard? :lol:

So ones putting their own interests first?

9 hours ago, Pettytom said:

There is nothing anti-democratic about having a clear manifesto commitment going into a GE.  Maybe you are struggling with the concept of parliamentary democracy.

I know that you  extremist Brexiters think that democracy only happens once and that you can’t change your minds, ever.

Mercifully, that isn’t true. Democracy does allow people to think differently in the face of new evidence. Indeed, doing so is a sign of intelligence.

And people seek 'evidence'  that backs up their own opinions whilst rejecting evidence that doesn't.  

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They are however, the only major political party representing the wishes of the majority of UK citizens! 😂🤣😂

Is that what the media is telling you?

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Political decisions need to be made in response to the current situation, not the situation that existed over three years ago.

So, you want a referendum on EU membership every 3 years, or sooner?

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

That’s right.

He should just turn green and rip stuff apart.

Thats the way to get stuff done. Much better than being made to look a total dick by two European leaders in a row.

You highlight why the EU is a waste of time and money.  We don't need EU leaders to make Bojo 'look a total dick'.

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Well, we are in a way.

In much the same way that I’m being dictated to by a load of xenophobic idiots who fall for politicians’ lies.

Aparrently, that bit is “democratic”

Didn't you lecture a fellow poster on rudeness, not too long ago?