Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, it’s more nuanced than that.

All three courts agreed that the ability to prorogue was an entirely political decision for the Prime Minister.

The Scottish Court of Appeal however, went further and stated that the reason for prorogation must be given to the monarch as part of the assent procedure. The court ruled that in this case, the government had hidden the real reasons for prorogation from the monarch in order to get that consent.

It is this misrepresentation which the court ruled made the act unlawful. We shall see if the Supreme Court agrees with them.

We don’t, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t tell her that he had promised his party that he would be taking the UK out of the EU by October 31st, but given that he didn’t have the numbers the only way he could ensure this was to stop Parliament sitting.

It’s not as if he hadn’t publicly threatened to do this months previously.

That's actually not the case. The Belfast Court didn't rule on prorogation (contrary to earlier reports) as they said that was already the 'centrepiece' of the English and Scottish cases. 

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, it’s more nuanced than that.

All three courts agreed that the ability to prorogue was an entirely political decision for the Prime Minister.

The Scottish Court of Appeal however, went further and stated that the reason for prorogation must be given to the monarch as part of the assent procedure. The court ruled that in this case, the government had hidden the real reasons for prorogation from the monarch in order to get that consent.

It is this misrepresentation which the court ruled made the act unlawful. We shall see if the Supreme Court agrees with them.

We don’t, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t tell her that he had promised his party that he would be taking the UK out of the EU by October 31st, but given that he didn’t have the numbers the only way he could ensure this was to stop Parliament sitting.

It’s not as if he hadn’t publicly threatened to do this months previously.

What's the chances of hiding anything from the monarch and her advisers?

17 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I was in St Emilion this very morning and that’s what I did.  

Believe it, or not, some of us take the brunt of this Brexit nonsense, whilst trying to keep good relationships with people that we need, or respect.

You might need to look up the word “respect”

If you wish to pop round in a few weeks, I have a couple of cases  of decent red to share. That should prove where I’ve been.

That would add "Claretty" to your trip story eh? Just so we would know you didn't travel by Google Air. 😉

15 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

That's actually not the case. The Belfast Court didn't rule on prorogation

No, but he said that the matter of prorogation should be dealt with by politicians, not the courts.

7 minutes ago, retep said:

What's the chances of hiding anything from the monarch and her advisers?

Practically zero, given that pretty much everyone in the Western world knows the genuine reason for the prorogation!

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, but he said that the matter of prorogation should be dealt with by politicians, not the courts.

Practically zero, given that pretty much everyone in the Western world knows the genuine reason for the prorogation!

Where did he say that? 

Brexiteers  Farage and Boris agree that air will still be available, and free to breathe after October the 31st.

Remoaners categorically state,  that info is in fact incorrect, there will be no air to breathe after we crash out, fall off the cliff edge and and a dozen more catastrophic scenarios of leaving the EU. But add, if by some chance there is air, it will be charged for, plus vat of course, another consequence of leaving the EU.  It's getting really scary now. 🤣🤣🤣

Angel1.

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

We are all up for cheaper booze .

It would seem as though in fact we are not.  Just another Brexit lie.

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Where did he say that? 

At Belfast’s High Court in Chichester Street.

29 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

At Belfast’s High Court in Chichester Street.

Very clever.../s

Where in the decision? What paragraph? 

If if helps, the judgement can be read here. 

https://judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/McCord (Raymond)%2C JR83 and Jamie Waring's Applications v the Prime Minister and others.pdf

I can't find the bit where he says prorogation should be dealt with by politicians and not the courts but I may have missed it. Which bit is it? 

Edited by Robin-H

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Then we can assume she wasn't  deceived.

The way Nigel F was talking yesterday, I think he fancies his chances as Deputy Prime Minister if there is an election.

Edited by Hadron