Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Remember when Mogg said we could have 2 referendums ('da?) ?

He's allowed to change his mind, why aren't we?

11 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

My sincere apologises,  I forgot you are French and appreciate the surrender to Germany in 1940 is not one of your county's greatest achievements.

Your apologies are not required, nor worth the bandwidth to post them: all you did was re-demonstrate the extent of your ignorance about history. I seem to recall that you're not British yourself? Perhaps that explains it.

Not that it matters: speaking of achievements, the only tangible achieving of the past 3 years by anyone, is by disaster capitalists backing Vote Leave and Boris in 2016 and since, whilst betting against the UK economy to the tune of some £8.3bn's worth of shorting positions. Is there such a thing as indicting a Prime Minister for insider trading?

People voting leave (and now re-Leavers like you) are just sheep being herded about the paddock for some creeps' payday. Enjoy the running, don't mind me watching amused.

9 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

If there was a new referendum, which way would you vote?

I wouldn't vote in a new referendum.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, and Stephen Kinnock and other Labour right-wingers. In fact hey were relying on a massive defeat in 2017 to get rid of Corbyn.

Remind me again how that went? 😂

You're correct they expected a massive defeat but unfortunate for the Labour Party they did much better than expected and are still stuck with Corbyn.  

I will remind you the Labour Party came second in the 2017 General Election.  Normally when either the Labour Party or the Tory Party come second in a General Election, it is judged as a defeat.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Let's just get Brexit over and done with. We've had enough of the rich establishment interfering to get their own way and trying to stop Brexit from happening. As has been proved with  José Manuel Barroso and Olly Robins the EU is a front for Goldman Sachs, and others, to exploit the European workers. 

Better Off Out.

Edited by Car Boot

"we didn't vote to leave without a deal, that wasn't the message of the campaign I helped lead"

Gove. March, this year.

"only a madman would leave the single market" 

Owen Patterson, Vote Leave.

"would it be so terrible if we were like Norway? They're rich, happy and self governing"

Farage, 2013.

Edited by ads36

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m a Labour supporter and know that unless Labour goes into a General election as a fully fledged Remain party they will lose a ton of votes to the Lib Dems, moderate Conservatives, the SNP in Scotland and Greens meaning the best that can be hoped for is a coalition.

That fully fledged Remain party cannot be led by a Brexiteer like Corbyn.

But if they  do go in as a Remain party they then lose all the Leave votes. In the referrendum 148 Labour consituencies voted Leave,  84 Remain.

Suddenly dropping Corbyn and promoting Remain isn't going to sway people.  Look at how badly Miliband did after Brown.

Labour's "punishment" period from voters for Blair & Brown is far from over

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Better Off Out.

Your pro-Brexit government disagrees. 

Note that this forecast, Operation Yellowhammer, is the base case, i.e. what the government expects to happen after a no deal Brexit, and is throwing untold billions and 17,000 civil servants at; not 'Project Fear' (any correspondence between the OY conclusions of DExEU, and expected Brexit consequences which some of us posted 3+ years ago out of 'polishing our crystal balls', is entirely coincidental of course :rolleyes::D).

The worst case, the notional 'Project Fear', replete with army on the streets etc., is Operation Blackswan.

Considering how much redacting went into the published version of Operation Yellowhammer, I very much doubt you're ever going to read Operation Blackswan, even in redacted form.

Edited by L00b

30 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Suddenly dropping Corbyn and promoting Remain isn't going to sway people.  

I agree, which is why I said that they should have done it months ago.

The Labour ‘supporters’ in Leave seats who would vote Tory/Brexit Party/UKIP would be more than offset by the Remain supporters from other parties in other areas of the UK. The maths have been done and the majority of those ‘Leave Labour’ seats would be retained by a Remain Labour party but probably with a much reduced majority. This is even more likely now that the Tories have sacked off Farage therefore splitting the Leave vote.

So now we've got a rough idea of the problems caused by a no deal exit (medicine shortages, fuel refineries closing, etc.), And I'm wondering how bad things can get before the average tub-thumping leaver begins to reflect upon their 'win'... ?

39 minutes ago, L00b said:

Your pro-Brexit government disagrees. 

Note that this forecast, Operation Yellowhammer, is the base case, i.e. what the government expects to happen after a no deal Brexit, and is throwing untold billions and 17,000 civil servants at; not 'Project Fear' (any correspondence between the OY conclusions of DExEU, and expected Brexit consequences which some of us posted 3+ years ago out of 'polishing our crystal balls', is entirely coincidental of course :rolleyes::D).

The worst case, the notional 'Project Fear', replete with army on the streets etc., is Operation Blackswan.

Considering how much redacting went into the published version of Operation Yellowhammer, I very much doubt you're ever going to read Operation Blackswan, even in redacted form.

That's not exactly what they're saying. They are saying it's the reasonable worst case assumptions. That doesn't mean that they expect it to happen, only that in the worst case, it is reasonable to assume that they would. 

There is no evidence online to there being an 'operation Blackswan' document. Do you have a source for that? The term black swan event just means something that is highly improbable.