Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Plenty of people voted remain but think that the UK should leave to respect the result of the referendum. There is even a name for them  - 're-leavers'. I think there was a recent poll that said 35% of remain voters were in that category. 

Then logic would dictate that more than 45% of Leave voters have now become Remain supporters as there has been an approximate shift of 10% from leave to remain since 2016.

Also it can be assumed that most of those people would vote remain again in another referendum.

13 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Plenty of people voted remain but think that the UK should leave to respect the result of the referendum. There is even a name for them  - 're-leavers'. I think there was a recent poll that said 35% of remain voters were in that category. 

I concur, but didn't know I am a re-leaver.  That's a new term I hadn't previously heard.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Oh dear, Farage has just been told to do one by the Conservatives over his no-deal electoral pact proposal..

With the Leave vote looking to be split down the middle, there’s no better time for Labour to dump Corbyn and become a full on Remain party.

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh dear, Farage has just been told to do one by the Conservatives over his no-deal electoral pact proposal..

With the Leave vote looking to be split down the middle, there’s no better time for Labour to dump Corbyn and become a full on Remain party.

Good luck  for the Labour Party in getting a credible leader in place before the next General Election.  How long do their leadership elections normally take to conclude?   I seem to recall Lord John Mann stating the Labour Party would have a landslide victory at the next General Election,  if Corbyn wasn't the Labour Party leader.  Perhaps the Labour Party will have a new leader in place ready for the 2024 General Election.

Edited by Lockdoctor

21 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I concur, but didn't know I am a re-leaver.  That's a new term I hadn't previously heard.

There's an article about it here (although it's a couple of years old now). 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/05/12/forget-52-rise-re-leavers-mean-pro-brexit-electora

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

There's an article about it here (although it's a couple of years old now). 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/05/12/forget-52-rise-re-leavers-mean-pro-brexit-electora

Thanks for the link. I look forward to hearing Top Cats Hat analysis of the 68% Pro Brexit statistic.

31 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If there was a new referendum, which way would you vote?

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Thanks for the link. I look forward to hearing Top Cats Hat analysis of the 68% Pro Brexit statistic.

More recent polls suggest that figure has gone down since 2017 (it was about 54% in the last poll I saw).

I suspect that is because whilst some remainers are happy to leave the EU to respect the referendum, they aren't willing to leave the EU if that means leaving without a deal. If it became clear we were leaving with a deal, I imagine that figure would go up again. 

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I seem to recall Lord John Mann stating the Labour Party would have a landslide victory at the next General Election,  if Corbyn wasn't the Labour Party leader.  

Yes, and Stephen Kinnock and other Labour right-wingers. In fact hey were relying on a massive defeat in 2017 to get rid of Corbyn.

Remind me again how that went? 😂

5 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Not only that, he doesn’t get that our democracy is not delegated by the people. He just doesn’t get it. 

And you, obviously, cannot read.

5 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Mis quoted your post instead of another. 

Why should I surrender my country to the likes of you? No, we’ll fight for what we want by any legal and political means possible. Learn to play the game or just go home. 

It's called democracy.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It’s a while since I have heard this pathetic whine. 🙄

Why should the majority of Britons leave their own land because a minority of deluded crackpots say that they should? Just like MPs reclaimed Parliament from the minority government, we shall reclaim our nation from the bunch of red-faced, swivel eyed loons waving their three year old discredited referendum like a torn, dirty flag.

Never forget that you Brexiteers represent a diminishing minority of our fellow citizens.

I think you've got your facts mixed up there.

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

And there was me, thinking that leaving the EU meant we would look out to a wider world, with a warm, open, cordial smile.

So why do you want to overturn the referendum result then?

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, and Stephen Kinnock and other Labour right-wingers. In fact hey were relying on a massive defeat in 2017 to get rid of Corbyn.

Remind me again how that went? 😂

You definitely don't strike me as a Corbyn supporter.

23 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

You definitely don't strike me as a Corbyn supporter.

I’m a Labour supporter and know that unless Labour goes into a General election as a fully fledged Remain party they will lose a ton of votes to the Lib Dems, moderate Conservatives, the SNP in Scotland and Greens meaning the best that can be hoped for is a coalition.

That fully fledged Remain party cannot be led by a Brexiteer like Corbyn.