Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well that was a very stupid thing to do given that you dislike the EU intensely and think that we would be much better off outside the EU.

Did you tick the wrong box? 🙄

It wasn't a stupid thing to do in my mind when I went into the ballot box on 23rd June  and voted to remain in the EU because I hadn't been convinced my family would be better off  if our country left the EU.  However my choice was in the minority and I respect and support the choice the majority made which is to leave the EU.  It s for ONE reason I now support our country leaving the EU  and that ONE reason is I support democracy.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

It wasn't a stupid thing to do in my mind when I went into the ballot box on 23rd June  and voted to remain in the EU because I hadn't been convinced my family would be better off  if our country left the EU.  However my choice was in the minority and I respect and support the choice the majority made which is to leave the EU.  It s for ONE reason I now support our country leaving the EU  and that ONE reason is I support democracy.

But you don't support the economic well being of your family now.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

My sincere apologises,  I forgot you are French and appreciate the surrender to Germany in 1940 is not one of your county's greatest achievements.

and belgium, holland, poland etc etc

the only reason we didnt is because we are an island it was far harder to get here 

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But you don't support the economic well being of your family now.

My family will continue to be looked after well because they are fortunate enough to live in the UK which is one of the richest countries in the World. Just because I wasn't convinced my family would be better off after leaving the EU doesn't mean I am worried about their well being after our country leave the EU.

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and belgium, holland, poland etc etc

the only reason we didnt is because we are an island it was far harder to get here 

Your comments are shameful and you have no respect for your own people who pulled together and fought the evil enemy during the World War II years.

Edited by Lockdoctor

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

To see the details of Operation Yellowhammer.  What have the Govt got to hide?

Ask and ye shall have.

The Government have published what they claim is the full details of Operation Yellowhammer (given its brevity, many are suspicious that the government are still hiding much). Anyway here it is:

https://news.sky.com/story/operation-yellowhammer-government-no-deal-brexit-documents-released-11807339

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

because they are fortunate enough to live in the UK which is one of the richest countries in the World. 

How long do you expect that to last after Brexit? 

Sterling has fallen and not recovered and we have dropped from 5th to 6thin the world economies since 2016.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How long do you expect that to last after Brexit? 

Sterling has fallen and not recovered and we have dropped from 5th to 6thin the world economies since 2016.

To be fair, that does have nothing to do with Brexit. India is becoming a much wealthier country as it develops, and has overtaken the UK. That was always going to happen.  

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Your comments are shameful and you have no respect for your own people who pulled together and fought the evil enemy during the World War II years.

Surprised you didn't mention the fantastic help we got from the 2.5 million Indians , the biggest ever volunteer army.

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

To be fair, that does have nothing to do with Brexit. India is becoming a much wealthier country as it develops, and has overtaken the UK. That was always going to happen.  

It hasn’t happened to France or Germany though.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It hasn’t happened to France or Germany though.

What hasn't happened? 

France has been overtaken by India. We are still currently above France also. Germany hasn't been overtaken by India no, they are a bigger economy than the UK, and so won't be overtaken for a while longer. It will happen tho. 

I assume you're not arguing that the reason the UK was overtaken by India was because of Brexit, as that would be rather strange!

Edited by Robin-H

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

A hilarious comedy scribble.  You should ask the moderators to change your user name to Walter Mitty.   No body ever has to apologise to a wine merchant when you are a customer.  If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

I was in St Emilion this very morning and that’s what I did.  

Believe it, or not, some of us take the brunt of this Brexit nonsense, whilst trying to keep good relationships with people that we need, or respect.

You might need to look up the word “respect”

If you wish to pop round in a few weeks, I have a couple of cases  of decent red to share. That should prove where I’ve been.

59 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

How many times do I have to state I voted  to REMAIN in the EU?   The answer I wanted on the 24th June 2016 was to remain in the EU.  I respect democracy which is why I now support leaving the EU.  My line of thinking is most certainly not flawed because I believe  in democracy and respect the results of democratic elections.

You can state it AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE.

But please remember, repeating something endlessly doesn’t make it true.

It just makes it into a boring lie.