Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ve been in Bordeaux today. What a lovely, civilised place. Full of nice people and lovely things. 

I did have to apologise to the wine merchant that I went to see. He was astonished at the proroguing of parliament and the general chaos in the UK.

I think that France might just have a better image on the world stage than the UK.  I think we currently have the appearance of an unsavoury uncle who has had a bit too much sherry.

A hilarious comedy scribble.  You should ask the moderators to change your user name to Walter Mitty.   No body ever has to apologise to a wine merchant when you are a customer.  If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

Really?  What is democracy about, if it does not represent the wishes of the governed?

Democracy is about being able to change your mind.

9 minutes ago, L00b said:

Don't be naive: Boris Johnson was doing whatever it took for getting into no.10, including lying to the Queen I understand, and is doing whatever it takes to stay there. Sod all to do with "the instructions of the democratic people" in 2016, and still less so now that he's neutered the "democratic people's" elected representatives.

France had no other choice than to surrender to Germany after the BEF legged it from Dunkirk. Not that it would have made any difference if it hadn't, mind.

As for the UK's credibility, clearly you haven't been taking your news from outside the UK for a long time :lol:

My sincere apologises,  I forgot you are French and appreciate the surrender to Germany in 1940 is not one of your county's greatest achievements.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

And you should get out of South Yorkshire more - the UK's image is now as the whinging loser who can't make its mind up...

13 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Democracy is about being able to change your mind.

Not only that, he doesn’t get that our democracy is not delegated by the people. He just doesn’t get it. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

1 minute ago, Albert the Cat said:

Our democracy is not delegated by the people. How many times do you have to be told?

Your meaning?

2 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Your meaning?

Mis quoted your post instead of another. 

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

A hilarious comedy scribble.  You should ask the moderators to change your user name to Walter Mitty.   No body ever has to apologise to a wine merchant when you are a customer.  If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

Why should I surrender my country to the likes of you? No, we’ll fight for what we want by any legal and political means possible. Learn to play the game or just go home. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

9 minutes ago, Litotes said:

And you should get out of South Yorkshire more - the UK's image is now as the whinging loser who can't make its mind up...

I live in North Nottinghamshire   and rarely visit South Yorkshire.  You embarrass yourself by  trying to do your own country down with your whinging comments. The country did make their mind up and chose to leave the EU and it has been the politicians who have prevented that happening.  

6 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Why should I surrender my country to the likes of you? No, we’ll fight for what we want by any legal and political means possible. Learn to play the game or just go home. 

I voted to remain in the EU.  Sorry for telling you a home truth but it's the likes of you who are the problem in our country  because unlike  me you don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result have have no respect for democracy.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I live in North Nottinghamshire   and rarely visit South Yorkshire.  You embarrass yourself by  trying to do your own country down with your whinging comments. The country did make their mind up and chose to leave the EU and it has been the politicians who have prevented that happening.  

Two questions.

1)

Do you think leaving the EU is easy? 

2) What are the benefits?

3) Do you think are democratically elected Mps, who have been democratically elected by the people democratically, have a duty to do what is best for the entire constituency or just follow a 3 year old vote and/or slavishly follow party lines.

Ok 3 questions and the last one might need a bit thinking about.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU.  Sorry for telling you a home truth but it's the likes of you who are the problem in our country  because unlike  me you don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result have have no respect for democracy.

Fourth question, how is Albert a problem? He's not - to the best of knowledge - an MP, EU negoiator or journalist for the mainstream media. He, and he won't like me for saying it, is probably just as ineffective as you are.

28 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

It’s a while since I have heard this pathetic whine. 🙄

Why should the majority of Britons leave their own land because a minority of deluded crackpots say that they should? Just like MPs reclaimed Parliament from the minority government, we shall reclaim our nation from the bunch of red-faced, swivel eyed loons waving their three year old discredited referendum like a torn, dirty flag.

Never forget that you Brexiteers represent a diminishing minority of our fellow citizens.

And there was me, thinking that leaving the EU meant we would look out to a wider world, with a warm, open, cordial smile.

Edited by ads36