Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

its about the governed having a say, NOT that every hairbrained scheme they come up should be acted upon :rolleyes:

I'm afraid, in this particular set of circumstances, you are wrong.

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Few countries have lurched as far right as the UK in recent years. We are now in a position where a rabid Tory rabble still isn’t right wing enough for some.

Italy? Germany?  France?  Hungary?

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

whats the latest on that by the way?

Despite lots of time and effort in it's preparations, it's being suspiciously sidelined at the moment, just like it was in the run up to the referendum and then announced the morning after it!

18 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Italy? Germany?  France?  Hungary?

I'll give you Italy and Hungary as relatively recent jumps to a harder right, with Hungary far harder right than Italy and a lot earlier.  Same fertile grounds for xenophobic populism there, as in the UK.

But for France and Germany, you're going to have to try again.

And none of them has seen the executive elbow out parliamentary and judicial oversight to rule be decree like Johnson.

Edited by L00b

18 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

well brextremists would say that, since its an extreme obsession, its the most important thing in the universe 

12 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Despite lots of time and effort in it's preparations, it's being suspiciously sidelined at the moment, just like it was in the run up to the referendum and then announced the morning after it!

you mean its still the main conspiracy theory :P

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

I'll give you Italy and Hungary as relatively recent jumps to a harder right, with Hungary far harder right than Italy and a lot earlier.  Same fertile grounds for xenophobic populism there, as in the UK.

But for France and Germany, you're going to have to try again.

And none of them has seen the executive elbow out parliamentary and judicial oversight to rule be decree like Johnson.

Boris Johnson is only trying to follow the instructions the democratic people gave our Government, when they told them via the 2016 EU Referendum vote that our country no longer want to be part of the EU.  Our country are not the same as Italy or Hungary and have more more credibility than France on the World stage who surrendered to Germany in 1940.

Gosh.

Needlessly, jingoistically, inaccurately, slagging off our friends, allies and neighbours.

Classy.

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson is only trying to follow the instructions the democratic people gave our Government, when they told them via the 2016 EU Referendum vote that our country no longer want to be part of the EU.  Our country are not the same as Italy or Hungary and have more more credibility than France on the World stage who surrendered to Germany in 1940.

You’re bonkers!

41 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There is no European army. Why suggest that there is one?

I think that this all stems from a photo that was circulating on facebook of some military exercise with a soldier wearing an EU symbol on his lapel. 😂

31 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Despite lots of time and effort in it's preparations, it's being suspiciously sidelined at the moment, 

I love conspiraloon logic!

Conspiracy theorist: “XYZ are doing  bad things!”

Normal person: “But there’s no evidence for that.”

Conspiracy theorist: “That’s because they are hiding it from us!” 🤣😂🤣

8 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Gosh.

Needlessly, jingoistically, inaccurately, slagging off our friends, allies and neighbours.

Classy.

I’ve been in Bordeaux today. What a lovely, civilised place. Full of nice people and lovely things. 

I did have to apologise to the wine merchant that I went to see. He was astonished at the proroguing of parliament and the general chaos in the UK.

I think that France might just have a better image on the world stage than the UK.  I think we currently have the appearance of an unsavoury uncle who has had a bit too much sherry.

Edited by Pettytom

26 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Don't be naive: Boris Johnson was doing whatever it took for getting into no.10, including lying to the Queen I understand, and is doing whatever it takes to stay there. Sod all to do with "the instructions of the democratic people" in 2016, and still less so now that he's neutered the "democratic people's" elected representatives.

France had no other choice than to surrender to Germany after the BEF legged it from Dunkirk. Not that it would have made any difference if it hadn't, mind.

As for the UK's credibility, clearly you haven't been taking your news from outside the UK for a long time :lol:

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I did have to apologise to the wine merchant that I went to see. He was astonished at the proroguing of parliament and the general chaos in the UK.

I get the impression that many Brexiteers on here never go any further than their corner shop.

I travel abroad almost every week and everyone I meet thinks that we are completely bonkers. The thing I hear most often in Europe  is “You have the best deal of all of the 28 members, you sit at the top table with France and Germany, you get a bigger rebate than anyone else, you are outside the €uro zone and are exempt from the provisions of the Schengen Agreement.” It is embarrassing, and makes us look like a bunch of stupid, spoilt children.

You need to remember that most people around the world aren’t subject to all the Leaver propaganda and fake facebook news so they see Brexit as just plain silly.

It's been a *very* long time since we heard anything, at all, about the benefits of leaving. 

What were they again?