Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Bercow was due to stand down anyway wasn't he?

I guess the sub-text here is expect another general election soon, they'll probably break parliament up late October?

Edited by geared

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Odd as I did exactly the same thing and only returned just after the new thread started as politics in the UK has got exciting.  Anyways.. back to the topic... ;)

Just read this in the Independent online.

"France will veto another Brexit delay unless UK ends political chaos

‘In the current circumstances, it’s no. We are not going to go through this every three months,’ says French foreign minister"

Quite right too.

What, and kill the goose that lays the golden egg? I can't see that happening, that would be like some millionaire taking the government to court to stop brexit and letting  Corbyn in to Downing Street.

That  would be an ironic consequence when he starts, as one Labour politician once said, 'squeezing the rich til the pips squeak.'  Mind I'm sure he'll spend it wisely on the benefit breeders.

I wonder how long it'll be before they start moving their millions.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

So what do the commons now do, spend over an hour with tributes to him and debate nothing... unbelievable! Thats certainly showing the EU what we want.

If you don’t see it, then you’ll never will. So here is a helping hand. 

If a general election is not voted through tonight then he will step down on the 31st October. Who exactly holds a majority to choose a new speaker at that time?

A brilliant master stroke to secure a successor that is not a right wing lunatic. 

1 hour ago, geared said:

Bercow was due to stand down anyway wasn't he?

I guess the sub-text here is expect another general election soon, they'll probably break parliament up late October?

No, far from it. He knows that there will be no early election. He is stepping down on 31st October when the opposition have a majority to pick a speaker they want and not the Tories.  

6 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

He is stepping down on 31st October when the opposition have a majority to pick a speaker they want and not the Tories.  

The smug satisfaction of those 21 Tories booted out last week when they get a chance to not vote for Bozo’s preferred choice, will be something to behold.

The next Parliament of whatever political hue will have an anti-Brexit Speaker! 😁👍

3 hours ago, apelike said:

and debate nothing... unbelievable! 

Not quite nothing lol. 🤣

MPs voted for ministers to release correspondence relating to prorogation and no-deal Brexit plans. So we might finally get to see what the implications of no-deal really are although there will no doubt be the usual Leaver cries of ‘Project Fear!’ even though this information is coming from their own Tory government.

55 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I nominate Dominic Grieve 😀

That would be amazing. But I think it might be Harriet Harman. 

Oh dear!

Bad news for those Leave supporters who believe that Johnson can simply refuse to ask the EU for an extension if no deal is agreed before 19th October.

There is legal advice circulating at Westminster that if the Prime Minister refuses to carry out the requirements of an Act of Parliament, the Cabinet Secretary can simply be asked by Parliament to write the letter to the EU on his behalf. 

BBC just reported that a Brexit extension is most likely to be granted if requested with France not going to use its veto. 

Line up the good news. 

22 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

The Act defines “emergency” as just about anything the authorities may dislike. Take your pick. Remainer's are an extreme danger to democracy at the minute.

Trump also has friends in Europe who hold a veto over any extension. Poland anyone!! 😂 You have gone quiet on Trump lately. Almost like you were a bunch of conspiracy theorists who were wrong on everything!!

Tomorrow will be fun!!

Was today fun?

Which bit did you like best?

Johnson going 5-0 down to Parliamentary democracy?

Or Bercow shafting Leadsom?

Or the shattering silence about a general election?

Or Varadker giving Johnson the most humiliating public rinsing?

This government has been outwitted  at every turn.

Edited by Pettytom

16 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Was today fun?

Which bit did you like best?

Johnson going 5-0 down to Parliamentary democracy?

Or Bercow shafting Leadsom?

Or the shattering silence about a general election?

Or Varadker giving Johnson the most humiliating public rinsing?

This government has been outwitted  at every turn.

I liked that bit the best!

34 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

BBC just reported that a Brexit extension is most likely to be granted if requested with France not going to use its veto. 

Quelle suprise!

After Ireland, France is the most negatively affected EU member by a no-deal Brexit. Despite Macron’s huffing and puffing he was never in a million years going to oppose an extension . And all those predicting that Ireland was about to give up the backstop should look at some of the coverage of Bozo’s trip to Dublin today. Ireland are as determined as ever to protect the peace process and Varadker had to remind Johnson once again that it was England who voted to leave, not Ireland.

Oh, and those Leave supporters desperately clinging onto the hope that Trump was offering Orban $ millions to veto a no deal, I’m afraid that’s just fake news! 

Leaving by 31st October? I don’t think so. 🤣😂🤣